Oct 2-India v South Africa

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Epic, my good old friend, when the fox aint get the grapes he says its sour, the fact of the matter is Indian did not win their matches by large margins, they werent good enough to be champions, go on blaming the groupings and whatever but in the end going into this tournament they werent favourites, they dont have quality bowlers to win it!

I have to agree with you but instead of India you can place SA there as well. South Africa exited the World T20 tournament by simply playing like crap ? again. In reality we are now stuck with as again they were just not good enough to win when they needed to. There was never a choke insight this against Pakistan or Australia, they were just inferior to their opposition. This is a start in a new and exciting era for the SA limited overs team one defined by just not being that great and I for one am thrilled by it.

No denying the quality of SA players that have earned a cap for SA the past 20 years or so but let?s face it, that all counts for jack shyt when it comes to beating who stands in your way. I think think I am a better looking, more charming and ultimately a better long term prospect than Joost van der Westuizen use to be but that did not stop Amor Vitone from marrying the guy?

We have the no 1 test team in the world currently who grinded out a series win against England when the heat was on. Fact that we are not as good in the ODI version of the game matters way less but it will get treated as the end of the world.

Bullshyt we lose games that is what happen in sport. Call it a crap attitude but it will be the same telling me that T20 is the future of the game I will not just give a crap, All that SA can do and any other team in the same boat is to pick the best side possible and develop talent and the honors will come. If it don't come then we are just like in the past just not good enough. Simple :cheers

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Epic, my good old friend, when the fox aint get the grapes he says its sour, the fact of the matter is Indian did not win their matches by large margins, they werent good enough to be champions, go on blaming the groupings and whatever but in the end going into this tournament they werent favourites, they dont have quality bowlers to win it!

Funny you bring up bowling, West Indies, one of the "favorites" have actually bowled worse than us AND have made the final four. Sorry if I'm coming off as bit of a Windies hater, I'm actually rooting for them to final day.

^India did not win their matches by large margins? They only beat England by oh...90 runs! And they chased down Pakistan's score with 3 overs and 8 wkts to spare - that is a pretty easy win in T20.

T20 is just one of those formats where it's really EASY to lose a game. India aren't that far off the team who wins this tournament despite the hand wringing of fans, and bashing of rivals. It's just a volatile format.

This.

And sifty, was it the CB series where they just totally ignored the NRR and went straight to H2H?

----------

Nope, it was the Asia Cup and IIRC, there we had a better NRR than Bangladesh, but they had beaten us in the one-off group game so they went through on H2H and we were left ruing the tournament format.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I like your response Saisrini, blaming the facts and not feelings, decisions were bad and maybe its time to look at Dhoni's head, however the fact remains that the bowling is always weak and has always been, if this is adressed, we could probably see a legendary team, a complete team, as of now however India deserved what they got, knocked out!

That's seriously something I can never seem to get my head around. Pakistan, who are about a stone throw away from us in terms of distance just produce quality bowlers at will, but us with a billion have produced what 3 quality pacers(Kapil Dev, Javagal Srinath and Zaheer Khan) and 5 quality spinners(Spin quartet + Anil Kumble)?

And I'm not buying the whole 'the pitches at FC level are roads so players just choose to bat' because from what I've heard, the pitches in Pakistan are almost the same, they are roads.

spooony

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's seriously something I can never seem to get my head around. Pakistan, who are about a stone throw away from us in terms of distance just produce quality bowlers at will, but us with a billion have produced what 3 quality pacers(Kapil Dev, Javagal Srinath and Zaheer Khan) and 5 quality spinners(Spin quartet + Anil Kumble)?

And I'm not buying the whole 'the pitches at FC level are roads so players just choose to bat' because from what I've heard, the pitches in Pakistan are almost the same, they are roads.

Pakistan have a little rule that a fast bowler needs to have speed around 85 mph plus they have dry and windy conditions which help fast bowlers in general

Gurjot95

National Board President
So losing a cricket match you choked? So in 1992 having to score 22 of 14 which became 22 of 1 we choked? Because we ran into Brian Lara on one of his goodknown days ee choked? Because A guy who was taking bets from bookies decided to bat 2nd on a Headingley pitch known to disadvantage teams batting second and was only almost saved by Lance Klusener who was batting with a guy who couldn't even hold a bat. Because in 2003 NZ decided to forfeit against Kenya and rain calculations again hampered us. We lost to a better team in 07 we choked? Because of inexperience we choked in 2011?

Well let me remind you about a couple of things. One day cricket one guy can make a difference unlike Test cricket.

May I remind you 1992 Pakistan cruising along at 120/4 with Inzie until Rhodes did the run out? Pakistan collapsed and lost the game -> Choked
Australia needing a mere 111 to win against SA on the final day with a 23 year old in his first test as captain. Australia bowled out for 105 -> Choked

SA playing NZ 1 ball left 4 runs to win Klusener clubbed him for 6. NZ - Choked

Pakistan scoring 220 odd have SA 80 for 5. Klusener clubbed us to victory from a position which we never should have never even should have come close. Pakistan - Choke

Australia scoring a world record score of 434. SA was down and shell shocked after Rickey Ponting clubbed us around to all parts of the pitch. They sat and look at each other in the dressing room without saying a single word to each other. Jacques Kallis decided to crack a joke by saying 'Cmon guys its a 450 run wicket they are 15 short!'
What happened? World Records babey and Australia couldn't defend a score of 434 Australia - Choked

India getting clobbered by Australia in World cup final so India choked

Pakistan getting clobbered by Australia in World Cup final so Pakistan choked

Don't let me remind you of SA winning test series in Pakistan and India where we came from a almost hopeless situation thanks to Boucher and Symcox with his avg spin ripping Pakistan to bits IN Pakistan.

One day cricket you need luck on your side. Test cricket at times as well. We didn't have that in the WC's. But I can remember that test in Pakistan Symcox got bowled. The ball when thru the gap between the stumps without dislodging the bails. We won Pakistan lost. They choked or did they just not have s bit of luck on their side?
God, how long have you been here? Then you would have taken that post less serious :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread