India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ambrose_0402getty_630.jpg

Sir Curtly Elconn Lynwall Ambrose

One of the greatest bowlers of all time. Along with Courtney Walsh, they were the most deadliest bowling pair in cricket history. After the retirement of Joel Garner, Ambrose was given the responsibility of bowling department. He was responsible for West Indies winning many games in which they seemed lost.

Ambrose's bowling method relied on accuracy and conceding few runs, several of his best performances came when he took wickets in quick succession to devastate the opposition. Hence when Ambrose is in mood, then no batting unit could ever survive against his bowling. Ambrose took part in the 1999 World Cup in England, and he was the second most economical bowler in the tournament in conceding an average 2.35 runs per over while taking seven wickets at 13.42.

It would be great to have Curtly Ambrose in the squad alongside McGrath and Vaas creating a lethal bowling attack.

Curtly Ambrose World Cup Record:

Innings: 17
Wickets: 24
Average: 20.79
Economy: 3.03
BBI: 3/28

PresidentEvil's World Cup XI:

1. :nzf: :bat: Glenn Turner
3. :ind: :wkb: Rahul Dravid
4. :eng: :bat: Allan Lamb
5. :pak: :ar: Imran Khan :c:
6. :ban: :ar: Minhajul Abedin
7. :saf: :ar: Shaun Pollock
9. :sri: :ar: Chaminda Vaas
10. :wi: :bwl: Curtly Ambrose
11. :aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath​

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
11. :aus: :bwl: Glenn McGrath
Wow that pace quartet is something!

Edit: OMG you have Imran Khan too!!! Where's the spinner(s) though?[DOUBLEPOST=1539694364][/DOUBLEPOST]And you gotta pick one more from the Others round.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
88a1b0062856e9ed721a9c112f6d6378

Neil Johnson

Most influential cricket and naturally gifted allrounder Neil Johnson is one of the best allrounders Zimbabwe has ever produced. It's very difficult to imagine how good a player can be even in the tough political conditions like in Zimbabwe. He usually opened the innings in ODI cricket and is known for his aggressive batting skills. He is also a fine bowler with fantastic bowling records. Very few allrounders in world cricket have opened the innings for their team, Johnson is one of them.

He had a fantastic WC in 1999 where he was awarded Man of the Match thrice for his performances with both, bat and ball. He is one of the reason why Zimbabwe being a weak team among other top teams had made it to super six stage. He scored the maiden worldcup ton against the chamipons - Australia. He also scored 76 runs and picked up wickets of Gary Kirsten and Jacques Kallis which led to Zimbabwe's shocking victory against eventual semi-finalists, South Africa.

It is very unfortunate that we couldn't see much of Johnson. He retired from international career due to payment dispute with Zimbabwe Cricket Union and that led to end of what is said to be an amazing and very short international career though he played some domestic cricket in England after retirement. He will be a great addition to my squad and will be very handy with both bat and ball. He will be my second opener.

Neil Johnson's World Cup Record:

Innings: 8
Runs: 367
Avg: 52.42
100s/50s: 1/3
HS: 132*
SR: 73.99
Innings: 8
Wickets: 12
Avg: 19.41
Eco: 4.66
4fer: 1
BBI: 4/42

2. :zim: :ar: Neil Johnson

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
88a1b0062856e9ed721a9c112f6d6378

Neil Johnson

*Write-up will be updated later*

2. :zim: :ar: Neil Johnson

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

I was just hoping you won't pick him!!!!! That is the reason I didn't pick an opener in WI round as Johnson had an incredible 99 WC as an opener plus his bowling too was amazing. Daaammmnnnn!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

I was just hoping you won't pick him!!!!! That is the reason I didn't pick an opener in WI round as Johnson had an incredible 99 WC as an opener plus his bowling too was amazing. Daaammmnnnn!
Johnson was my opener from round 1. Just that you missed the fact that I'm the first one to pick in 'others' round.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I got to pick Curtly Ambrose even after being the last one to pick in the West Indies round. Steal pick I would say. :p

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
others states " any team that took part in wc till now or only 2019 teams ? "

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
others states " any team that took part in wc till now or only 2019 teams ? "
Any other teams that took part in World Cup. (E.g Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Canada etc.)

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It was more so hoping you will pick someone else! :p I am effed big time now. Will need some time to make my pick.
There are certainly good players and openers from the other nations ;) (I have my list ready)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
images

John Davison
An explosive opener who loved to break records especially in the WCs, John Davison. He burst onto the scene with a fastest WC hundred at the time when he scored 100 of just 67 balls against the WI. John Davison was a hard hitting batter who loved to send the ball over the ropes frequently. It is evident from the fact that he scored a 50 off just 23 balls against NZ in WC cricket and his overall SR is well above 110! Not just that, Davison is also a more than handy off spinner and has performed with the ball in WCs very well. His batting stats are drastically reduced because of the 2011 WC where could only average about 9. If we remove those performances, Davison's figures are pretty impressive and more so because of the all round utility he brings to the side. And who wouldn't mind a quick fire start at the top. With Andrew Hudson at the other end taking it easy and manipulating the gaps, John Davison dominating the opposition bowlers will be a treat to watch!

Mts: 14
Inns: 14
Runs: 340 @ 26.15
SR: 110.38
HS: 111
50s: 2
100s: 1

Wkts: 17 @ 30.23
Eco: 4.84
SR: 37.4
BBI: 3/15

MotM: 2