Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was confused between Abedin and Khalid. But went with Abedin since I was looking for a batsman and his bowling ability was a bonus. Khalid is much more into bowling and has been one of their best bowlers in WC. :)

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
:ban:Bangladesh

Mohammed-Rafique.jpg
Mohammad Rafique after destroying Indian line up in 2007 world cup.

Mohammad Rafique
Mohammad Rafique was one of the best new ball bowler for bangladesh in ICC world cup history, Rafique don't need any introduction. He was the face of bangladesh spin department in World Cup. In 1999 wc, Rafique bowled an economical spell of 1 of 28 from his 8 overs, which was enough for Pakistan's humiliated defeat. Rafique was the strike bowler for any situation. Bowling with the new ball, in power play was one of main skills in the ICC World Cup. Rafique was the leader of the bangladeshi attack in 2007.
In 2007 wc, Rafique played a big role in India's early departure. Rafique bowled a magical spell of 3 for 38 from his 10 overs. Rafique picked up the key wickets of Rahul Dravid, Mahendra Singh Dhoni & Sourav Ganguly.
It's a treat to welcome him into my team. He will the main spinner of my team.

Mohammad Rafique's records in the World Cup:

M: 17
Runs: 113 @11.30
SR : 59.16
HS: 41*
Wickets : 12
BBI : 3/35
Eco : 4.36
MotM: 2

Kumbis's WC XI :

1. :aus:Adam Gilchrist :wkb:
8.:ban:Mohammad Rafique:bwl:

Last edited:

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Mushfiqur-Rahim.jpg

MUSHFIQUR RAHIM
Mushfiqur Rahim has been a key part of the Bangladeshi setup for quite some years now. Made his debut at a very young of 16 as understudy of former Keeper Khaled Mashud and has been part of a some memorable Bangladeshi victories in World cup cricket since then - a crucial 56 against India in the 2007 WC which helped them cross the line to achieve a big upset win to playing a fluent 87 against England in the 2015 WC which helped Bangladesh qualify for the quarter finals.

Rahim's World cup stats

Matches: 21
Innings: 20
Runs:510
Average: 31.86
High Score:87
50s/100s:4/0

Bigby's WC XI -

5. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mitchell Starc
@Kumbis you're late.

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
e9efa-1518741723-800.jpg
Graham Gooch is England's leading run-scorer in World Cup history​

Graham Gooch

Before the likes of Alex Hales and Jason Roy began flaying bowling attacks from the top of the order, England had a swashbuckling opener in Marcus during a time when they were generally considered cannon fodder in ODIs. From his debut in 2000 till stress-related exodus in 2006, the stylish left-hander was a rarity in the England lineup. Armed with a free-spirited approach to batting, he scored 4335 runs from 123 matches at an average of 37.37 and strike-rate of 85.21 with 12 centuries as well as 21 fifties.

Beneath the twirling moustache and upright stance, Graham Gooch utilized his technical know-how as well as extensive array of shots to keep even menacing bowlers at bay. The remorseless accumulator of runs was the bulwark of England batting during the formative years of limited-overs cricket. From 125 ODIs, he piled on 4290 runs at an average of 36.98 with 31 fifty-plus scores. A strike-rate of 61.88 may seem too low by modern standards. However, the game was a lot different back then and hence numbers have to be judged accordingly. Gooch, who led England to runners-up position in the 1992 World Cup, also captains their all time XI.

World Cup Stats

Innings: 21
Runs: 897
Average: 44.85
50/100: 8/1
Strike Rate: 63.21

Manish's XI

1. :bat: Graham Gooch
4. :bat: Michael Clarke
11. :bwl: Rubel Hossain

Last edited:

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...

Mohammad Rafique

One of the best all rounder of bangladesh cricket history, Rafique don't need any introduction. He was the face of bangladesh spin department in World Cup.

Mohammad Rafique's records in the World Cup:

M: 17
Runs: 113 @11.30
SR : 59.16
HS: 41*
MotM: 2

Kumbis's WC XI :

7. :ban:Mohammad Rafique:ar:

Stats don't do him justice. I remember watching him live back in the day, teams would always play him out cautiously and go after the other bowlers in the lineup. Picked 3 crucial wickets including Ganguly, Dravid & Dhoni in that amazing upset win over India. A pretty good lower-order hitter too, though I wouldn't bat him as high as No 7 if I were you.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Stats don't do him justice. I remember watching him live back in the day, teams would always play him out cautiously and go after the other bowlers in the lineup. Picked 3 crucial wickets including Ganguly, Dravid & Dhoni in that amazing upset win over India. A pretty good lower-order hitter too, though I wouldn't bat him as high as No 7 if I were you.
Pretty much this! I was fifty fifty om him and Mahmud. Rafique was a miserly bowler and always tightened things up.

Excellent pick in Gooch. Some might argue about his SR but given the time he played in, it was fine. This is going to be a fun round.

B

Bigby Wolf

wa5484616_1024x1024.jpeg

SIR IAN BOTHAM
Known as one of the greatest all rounder ever in the cricketing history Sir Ian Botham Featured in three World Cups for England - 79,83 &92. His performances with the bat wasn't quite impressive in world cups but was excellent with the ball picking up wickets consistently to give his crucial breakthroughs.Beefy's best performance came in the 1992 World cup where he picked up 16 wickets @19.12 finishing as the 2nd highest wicket taker in the tournament with the best performance coming up against rivals Australia where he picked up 4/31 and scored 53 to help England pulled off a dominant victory.

IAN BOTHAM'S WORLD CUP STATS

Batting

Innings: 18
Not Outs: 2
Aggregate: 297
Highest Score: 53
Average: 18.56
50s/100s: 1/0

Bowling
Matches: 22
Wickets: 30
Average: 25.40
4 Wicket Innings: 1
Best: 4/31
Economy Rate: 3.43

BIGBY'S WORLD CUP XI
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
7. Ian Botham
8. Mitchell Starc

@Kumbis you are up.

B

Bigby Wolf

I was hoping out of hope people miss out on Botham somehow and I snatch him. :p
Actually I wanted to go for the best England World cup player Statswise but decided to go with beefy at the end because wanted to balance the team as per the selection round process.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
:eng:England

2632570000000578-2975344-image-a-47_1425284155067.jpg
Joe Root after scoring his debut century in WC 2015

Joe Root

Let's welcome the Prince of England cricket. Rooty is one of my favourite player for his consistency. He played only 6 matches in the world cup. In 2015 World Cup, Root made his world cup debut. Joe Root is the youngest English player to score a century at a World Cup. Root scored his first world cup ton against Srilanka. He made 121 of 108 balls. Root will solidify my squad. His will add leadership skills and handy off spin bowling.

Joe Root's records in the World's Cup:

M: 6
Runs: 202 @ 40.40
SR : 84.16
HS: 121
MotM: 0

Kumbis's WC XI :

7.:eng:Joe Root:bat:
8.:ban:Mohammad Rafique:bwl:

Last edited:

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Not sure about Root tbh. A century against against a pretty ordinary Sri Lankan bowling attack and nothing else really..

He is a consistent run scorer for England in the world cup.

Users who are viewing this thread