India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some real nice picks in both the rounds. Wasn't expecting Bell, Trott or Gatting to be picked in England round though, it will be interesting to see what happens in the last round of the draft. Some very good English players still remain.

Sachin was an obvious first pick and Dravid, Kumble, Ganguly, Zaheer are all excellent picks. Ganguly has also been handy with the ball during the WCs. If Ali didn't pick him I would have gone with Ganguly.
You robbed me with Old, and I repaid. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
It's okay. I feel Yuvraj adds more balance to my side. I have my spinner problem solved plus he is a great middle order batter. With Ganguly one of my opener would be solved.

Also to everyone, just make sure you have one genuine WK in your XI at the end of 11 rounds. Otherwise, your XI will be disqualified.[DOUBLEPOST=1539105932][/DOUBLEPOST]I really like Loco's XI so far. That lower middle order looks dangerous! Freddie Flintoff doesn't have too good a record in the WCs but he surely can whack it.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
652082-dhoni-retuers.jpg

MS Dhoni

Mahindra Singh Dhoni. This man needs no introduction. What can I say he's a batman, a wicket keeper, a captain. First of all lets talk about his batting. He is regarded as one of the greatest finisher in limited overs cricket. And rightly so he's won team India a number of unbelievable matches. His cool head not only helped him in his batting, but also helped him won all of the ICC Trophies. His Wicket Keeping skills is also one the best in the world. So much to talk about this man. So lets just stick to world cup games.

His record as a batsman in world cups have been brilliant to say the least. He has played a total 20 world cup games and has an average of 42 with a SR of 91!

His record as a captain in world cup is even more astonishing. He captained his side in 17 matches and lost only 2 of them. Unbelievable!

His score of 91* in the Final of WC 2011 against Sri Lanka is one of his greatest world cup knocks. He won his team the 2011 world cup. He also performed extremely well in 2015.

He is a record machine too. And also don't forget of his helicopter shot!
WC Batting Summary

Matches: 20
Runs: 507
Highest Score: 91*
Average: 42.25
Strike Rate: 91.19
50s: 3

Perfect Square's XI

4. :eng::bat: Kevin Pietersen
5. :ind::wkb: MS Dhoni :c:
8. :aus::bwl: Shane Warne
10.:ban::bwl: Abdur Razzak

Last edited:

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
:ind: India

Sehwag-Kumbis-2011-world-cup.jpg
Virender Sehwag at his best, mauling Bangladesh in the 1st Match of 2011 World Cup

Virender Sehwag

Nawab of Najafgarh! regarded as one of the most destructive batsmen of all time, no one can forget his nawabi swag in the cricket field. Virender Sehwag is my second opener. King of entertainment will always remember as a lone risk taker of team India in 2003, World Cup. Viru played some dashing innings along side Sachin Tendulkar in his World Cup campaigns(2003-2011). Mr.Unpredictable played a fighting knock of 82 in the 2003 World Cup final. In 2007 World Cup, Sehwag scored an ostentatious knock of 114 of 87 balls against Bermuda. First ball four was madnatory for Sehwag in the world cup. Sehwag have that natural hitter instint. In 2011 World Cup, Sehwag played a mauling 175 of140 balls knock against Bangladesh. Sehwag will also play as a partnership breaker. His traditional off spin is a big asset. Adam Gilchrist and Virender Sehwag will be my openers! Its high time for all bowlers! Sehwag can change the course of any match.

Virender Sehwag's records in the World Cup :

M: 22
Runs : 843 @ 38.31
SR : 106.17
HS: 175
100/50 : 2/3
Wickets : 9
BB : 2/17
Eco: 3.75
MotM :2

Kumbis's WC XI :

1. :aus:Adam Gilchrist :wkb:
2.:ind:Virender Sehwag :bat:
7.:eng:Joe Root:bat:
8.:ban:Mohammad Rafique:bwl:

Last edited:
B

Bigby Wolf

DS2Ub5KW4AACxe8.jpg:large

Kapil Dev

Last edited by a moderator:

Manish.

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
viratfb-story_647_031416124401.jpg
Virat Kohli

No word describes Virat Kohli better. His passion for cricket has made him one of the best batsmen in the world across formats, and has also helped him grow into a ruthless captain. It's also passion that defines Kohli's emotional, effervescent and at times firecracker character. Virat Kohli does not hold back and that remains his strength.
He becomes the first batsmen to score a century on his world cup debut. Here below his stats speaks-:

World Cup Stats
Matches: 17
Runs: 587
Highest Score: 107
Average: 41.93
50s: 1
100s: 2
Strike Rate: 81.87

Manish's XI

1. :bat: Graham Gooch
3. :bat: Virat Kohli
4. :bat: Michael Clarke
11. :bwl: Rubel Hossain

@Bigby Wolf up

B

Bigby Wolf

50890-crow3-3-16.jpg

Martin Crowe
Martin Crowe the man who revolutionized cricket back in the 1992 WC - be it his brilliant batting or out of the box innovative captaincy. Finished as the highest run scorer in the 1992 WC Martin Crowe was also influential in leading his team to the semifinals of the world cup with his innovative captaincy that includes opening the bowling with the spinner Dipak Patel and promoting a pinch hitter like Mark Greatbatch to open the batting.
Martin Crowe had a phenomenal 1992 WC scoring 456 in 9 matches @114.2 and perhaps if it wasn't for his injury in the semifinals (when he decided not to take the field in the 2nd half) New zealand might have ended up as the eventual winners in the 1992 WC.

Martin Crowe's WC Stats
Matches: 21
Not Outs: 5
Runs: 880
Highest Score: 100*
Average: 55.00
50s/100s: 8/1

Bigby's WORLD CUP XI

4. Martin Crowe :nzf:
5. Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
7. Ian Botham:eng:
8. Kapil Dev:ind:
9.Mitchell Starc:aus:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
images

Shane Bond
One of my favorite bowlers ever! You live by the sword, you die by the sword, they say. It applied perfectly to Shane Bond. His lethal pace was why he was so successful as a bowler and that is what also meant he injured himself many a times. But he refused to drop his pace whatever come may! Who knows where Bond would have stood had he not been marred by so many injuries. He missed more matches than he played but whenever he did play, he gave it his absolute best!

A strong action meant he could bowl at over 150ks at will and his toe crushing yorkers could give nightmares to any batsmen in the world! He was deadly against the best in the business. It is proved by the fact that he picked up 44 ODI wickets against the Aussies at an astonishing avg. of 15.79 and this was when Australia were the best ODI side in the world by a mile. He dismissed Ponting six times out of six in their first six meetings! No wonder Ricky is feeling a sigh of relief now that they are both together in my team. :p

Shane Bond was always amongst the wickets and mostly dismissed top order batsmen with the new ball. His ability to swing the ball late and at rocket speed made him a deadly bowler. Of his 30 WC wickets, 12 are of the openers. His 6 for 23 against Australia in the 2003 WC is one of his personal favorite performances. Him along with Chris Old make a deadly duo of new ball bowlers for my WC XI.

Mts: 16
Inns: 16
Wkts: 30 @ 17.26
Eco: 3.50
SR: 29.5
5wkts: 1
MotM: 2
Rebel2k18's WC XI -

03. :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting :c:
05. :ind: :ar: Yuvraj Singh
09. :eng: :ar: Chris Old
10. :ban: :ar: Khaled Mahmud
11. :nz: :bwl: Shane Bond

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Bigby's WORLD CUP XI
4. Martin Crowe :nzf:
5. Mushfiqur Rahim:ban:
7. Ian Botham:eng:
8. Kapil Dev:ind:
9.Mitchell Starc:aus:
Wow this XI is shaping up really nicely. Fantastic picks in Kapil Dev and Martin Crowe. It will be interesting to see who the top 3 will be.

Users who are viewing this thread