BASEBALL Out Of The Park Baseball

D

Deleted member 46200

As I was looking for a good sport management game that isn't football (meh) and as cricket management games pretty shite at the mo I opted for this game:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/465650/Out_of_the_Park_Baseball_18/

Saw some good reviews and am keen to give it a whirl...who knows might even start a thread up......fyi I know nothing about baseball!!!! :p

LOTTTTTTTSSSSSSSS of statsssssss, my precioussssssss.....and they DO track :p
I can educate you if you don't hate me too much... Me an Bonnie both followed the Mariners and having a PS4 have access to the best game ever (MLB the show) However... This series of games is very in-depth and the new game engine is a major step forward but plenty to do... IF you're ignoring me then at least I have passed the time away waiting for Jade to finish her dinner...

D

Dutch

I can educate you if you don't hate me too much... Me an Bonnie both followed the Mariners and having a PS4 have access to the best game ever (MLB the show) However... This series of games is very in-depth and the new game engine is a major step forward but plenty to do... IF you're ignoring me then at least I have passed the time away waiting for Jade to finish her dinner...
Because you had a Joan Armatrading video in another thread, she being the most underestimated female singer I know, I will unignore you and am happy for your participation in this thread. I only request that it be relevant to the thread subject. Thanks.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I follow the MLB sporadically. Yet to get my head round some of the finer details of the sport, half the stats mean absolute diddly-squat to me. I do find it a rush watching it play out though. Like an extreme form of batsmen running between the wickets. Had a loose grasp of some of the jargon which I've now lost from failing to follow the sport for a while.

Played a precursor to the MLB The Show think it was MLB 2k12, couldn't get my head around the controls at all. Plus it had a bug which meant if you played the game past the real life trade window the game would crash, meaning that in order for your career mode to work, you had to set your system date back to 2011. Bloody nightmare.

But yeah looks very tempting, like a baseball version of FM! Is the game fully licensed?

D

Dutch

I follow the MLB sporadically. Yet to get my head round some of the finer details of the sport, half the stats mean absolute diddly-squat to me. I do find it a rush watching it play out though. Like an extreme form of batsmen running between the wickets. Had a loose grasp of some of the jargon which I've now lost from failing to follow the sport for a while.

Played a precursor to the MLB The Show think it was MLB 2k12, couldn't get my head around the controls at all. Plus it had a bug which meant if you played the game past the real life trade window the game would crash, meaning that in order for your career mode to work, you had to set your system date back to 2011. Bloody nightmare.

But yeah looks very tempting, like a baseball version of FM! Is the game fully licensed?
As far as I understand it is officially licensed by the MLB.......I am going to give it a whirl for a couple of hours.....and get my money back before the two hour deadline if its not to my liking.....I just love stats but don't like football manager games.....

D

Deleted member 46200

Because you had a Joan Armatrading video in another thread, she being the most underestimated female singer I know, I will unignore you and am happy for your participation in this thread. I only request that it be relevant to the thread subject. Thanks.
Crash and burn first hurdle... Mariners are crap... ! However, the term sleeping giant is pandered to much maybe food for thought for a franchise in the game to start with, only if you like the DH rule.

I like K D Lange but mad on Alanis Morissette.

D

Deleted member 46200

As far as I understand it is officially licensed by the MLB.......I am going to give it a whirl for a couple of hours.....and get my money back before the two hour deadline if its not to my liking.....I just love stats but don't like football manager games.....
I think it has only been 'officially' indorsed this last couple of times... If you like stats you'll be overwhelmed. My advice is to learn the strategies as it's more in-depth than you think.

D

Dutch

I have taken a team in the Dutch Baseball League.....lets see if I can turn a perfectly reasonable club into a mess of lost contracts, aggressive press conferences, disgruntled players and rocketing finances! I am to baseball management what Ricky Gervais is to actual comedy........

El Loco

ENG....
If stats is what you're after then baseball is chock full of em! If you can get your head around all the acronyms that is :p

D

Deleted member 46200

It is fully licensed all the way from AAA

D

Deleted member 46200

If stats is what you're after then baseball is chock full of em! If you can get your head around all the acronyms that is :p
Mlb.c
I have taken a team in the Dutch Baseball League.....lets see if I can turn a perfectly reasonable club into a mess of lost contracts, aggressive press conferences, disgruntled players and rocketing finances! I am to baseball management what Ricky Gervais is to actual comedy........
You should manage the Yankees...[DOUBLEPOST=1515967761][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm not just a pretty face... Stats explained... http://m.mlb.com/glossary

D

Dutch

Just created a custom fictional Dutch baseball league with different divisions......the game creates all the names of the teams and fills them up with players.....took 2 minutes.......the depth and customization is awe inspiring!

El Loco

ENG....
Any chance you could screenshot a player profile?

D

Deleted member 9102

I have one of these on Steam (2014 version) from a bundle a while ago and was very intrigued, but it was overwhelming for me as someone who knows nothing about baseball so I couldn't stick with it. Maybe I should give it a whirl again; the outdated roster means nothing to me as I couldn't even name one current baseball player anyway :p.

This sort of detail in a cricket sim would be incredible, though I do kind of like Cricket Captain's "no player attributes" style, so you go by averages/performance as opposed to having flat numerical abilities visible... Shame it doesn't seem to have really improved much over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread