Pakistan tour of Australia (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Akmal must be eyeing a career saving 40 to 50 Odd runs and stays in the squad. Hey, Lets loose the match by getting little closer....

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
haha
Other day on Game on hai show Wasim Akram and Saqlain were discussing the fitness issue and said Pakistani cricketers needs to be as fit as possible even in off season and how some of the players have gained weight.
Their were heaps of praises for Virat Kohli - how fit and strict he is about his fitness and diet.

Surprised to hear that a lot of Indian are watching Game on hai. Does it broadcast in India aswell?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
haha
Other day on Game on hai show Wasim Akram and Saqlain were discussing the fitness issue and said Pakistani cricketers needs to be as fit as possible even in off season and how some of the players have gained weight.
Their were heaps of praises for Virat Kohli - how fit and strict he is about his fitness and diet.

He has become fat mate. Forget about fitness.

B

Bigby Wolf

Surprised to hear that a lot of Indian are watching Game on hai. Does it broadcast in India aswell?
YouTube.
Many Indians watch it ,if you read the comment section it mostly filled with Indians(Although most are negative).

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I watch it on YouTube. I watch it for Akram and the comedy. It's hilarious. Some of the experts talk such rubbish I can't stop laughing.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
YouTube.
Many Indians watch it ,if you read the comment section it mostly filled with Indians(Although most are negative).

I have seen most of these kind of things with negative comments. Neither country seems to take any criticisms well

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I watch it on YouTube. I watch it for Akram and the comedy. It's hilarious. Some of the experts talk such rubbish I can't stop laughing.

I think all experts are legendary cricketers there except M. Wasim and all have their own styles, Shoaib is blunt and straight he may exaggerate things at times but talks a lot of sense as well, The overall mood of the show has been designed to have it some unusual feel unlike some other straight cricket talk analysis show, This one is quite informal, mainly it was due to Dr. Nauman as he interrupts a lot and jokes a lot during comments

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Most of the opinions on it are a joke (mostly because of the host). No one here takes it any seriously, but there is a lack of quality analysis therefore we are left with no option.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
With Rizwan game, the game aswell.

Bit worrying to see Aamir coming up so high, shows how much we are lacking in the batting division.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
We are lacking a power hitter down there need the likes of Razzaq & Afridi, Also there is no solid middle-order.... Need solid batsman out there, Got to try the new talent in the slot of Akmal, With Sarfraz back in side and one fine replacement of Akmal would be fine.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good to see the pie chucker being carted around. I don't know how he's considered a good LOs bowler.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
With that innings, he has booked his place on the next tour.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hasan Ali is the product of Ramiz Raja's green pitch policy. Useless on flat tracks. His five-fer was a fluke. He got two wickets in the last over from slogs.
The reason for our fast bowlers not being good is that our domestic circuit is not good enough. Ramiz Raja under Tauqeer Zia with unlimited powers (which come with dictatorship) changed the nature of pitches of domestic cricket.

When the wickets were flattish in the 70s, 80s and 90s we produced bowlers who can run through teams with reverse swing or extreme pace or spinners who had 3 types of googlies or doosras. Why did this happen? Because they couldn't get wickets with just bowling seam ups. They had to find different ways.

When wickets are green we have produced medium pacers who try to hit a length and the ball/pitch does the rest for them. When in international cricket this doesn't happen they struggle. From Wasim and Waqar we are down to Ehsan Adil and Imran Khan.

Similarly for batsmen, we had stroke players in plenty. Now we can have batsmen who look to survive long periods, play few shots, and wait for ball to get old, pitch to dry, spinners to come on. Azhar Ali, Sami Aslam, Imam ul Haq, Fawad Alam, to a degree Asad Shafiq.

If Pakistan wants to play Test cricket like in the 90s and modern ODI cricket we have to go back (to a certain degree) to the system that produced such unique talent.

Users who are viewing this thread