Pakistan tour of Australia (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Great to see Akmal getting Out.. He was on his way for a retention.. He is touch short I guess... or maybe PCB will see another big batsman in him with this performance

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think Pakistan need to look at the positives-

1 Sarfaraz Ahmed
2 Sharjeel Khan (Needs to convert starts)
3 Babar Azam
4 Shoaib Malik

5 & 6 - Get two new chaps from the domestic circuit.

7 Imad Wasim
8 Mohommad Amir
9 Junaid Khan/Wahab Riaz
10 Sohail Khan (I think he will be very useful in England)
11 Yasir Shah

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
11 Yasir Shah
Mohammad Asghar is very likely to occupy that place.
Sarfraz at 5, Fakhar Zaman to open, Haris Sohail at 4, Malik at 6. That's the best lineup we can field. Instead of Sohail i'd opt for Zia-ul-Haq or Fahim Ashraf.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Pakistan vs England: (1) 300 plus score for Pakistan (5th ODI)
Pakistan vs Australia: (1) 300 plus score for Pakistan (5th ODI)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Still had a better series than any Pakistani Bowler :)
Put him in front of English or Indian or South African batsmen on a flat pitch. He'll get destroyed.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I would rather see Shehzad back in place of Azhar, Cant write him off this easily. He is a proven performer and deserves a chance after humongous runs in domestic this season. Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood should be used as bench strength for an opener and kept an eye for Sharjeel if he doesn't perform and stays fit enough. I can't see Salman Butt and Akmal place in there but with Inzy.. Well... We are for a news i guess.....

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Azhar should be sacked and dropped, make Sarfraz Ahmed the captain, and bring Ahmed Shehzad to opening.....

Azhar Ali is totally crap in ODI's and he absolutely be dropped.

In this series though, I wish when Azhar came back from injury Hafeez was still captain for the rest of the series. He knows how to captain better than Azhar

But in the greater context, Sarfraz is more suited to be the captain.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Azhar should be sacked and dropped, make Sarfraz Ahmed the captain, and bring Ahmed Shehzad to opening.....

Azhar Ali is totally crap in ODI's and he absolutely be dropped.

The thing is it is hard to refuse him a place in the international side because he has such strong domestic performance. In the domestic Pentangular Cup that season he was the leading scorer with 302 runs at an average of 60.40 and strike rate of 86.28. In the President's Gold Cup, he scored 234 runs at a strike rate of 86.98.

Although, I dislike him in the ODI shirt, he is unlikely to be fully taken out of the side despite losing the captaincy.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The thing is it is hard to refuse him a place in the international side because he has such strong domestic performance. In the domestic Pentangular Cup that season he was the leading scorer with 302 runs at an average of 60.40 and strike rate of 86.28. In the President's Gold Cup, he scored 234 runs at a strike rate of 86.98.
That was 2 years ago.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Some good positives for Pakistan. Love how the Babar Azam and Sharjeel Khan look in the top order. Other then those two they need some serious shakeups. Umar Akmal has to go and Azhar Ali has to go back to Domestic and if he wants to play ODI cricket needs to change his batting aggression. He is a fantastic player but just isnt suited for nowadays ODI cricket. Shoaib Malik I am not sure should be there in the team too. He is no more the Malik of previous time. He is slow too and given his position he cannot be slow.

I think Pakistan batting with few individual performance did well but Pakistan has been heavily dependent on their bowling. The bowling let down and Mohammad Amir has to go back to domestic circuit too. He hasnt had a good series. Just 13 wickets in 3 test and 5 ODI series.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The bowling let down and Mohammad Amir has to go back to domestic circuit too.
He's getting his banana swing back. He troubled Warner massively in the first few overs in every match. He should stay. Wahab needs to go. He's overrated as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread