Pakistan Tour of England 2019

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was absolute carnage at the end from Buttler! How on earth is any team going to win versus this monstrous side barring a miracle?

Also, Yasir Shah looks absolutely trash in ODIs. Why is he even in the team? :facepalm

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
That was absolute carnage at the end from Buttler! How on earth is any team going to win versus this monstrous side barring a miracle?

Also, Yasir Shah looks absolutely trash in ODIs. Why is he even in the team? :facepalm
Have no idea about Yasir. All the spinners in contention to replace Shadab were inexperienced, that's the only reason i can think of.
England on a flat pitch are destructive, but their bowling is average. So just gotta restrict them to 300, i think.
Fahim did well today, but he's clearly not a wicket taker, and far from a third seamer or new ball bowler. Junaid needed to be in instead of Yasir.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan are batting really well but I can' see them chasing 374, It's all on Fakhar Zaman right now.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Unlucky from Fakhar to get out on a wide, should have just left it, just disappointed that he couldn't finish it.

Bevab

Staff Member
Unlucky from Fakhar to get out on a wide, should have just left it, just disappointed that he couldn't finish it.

Really impressed with Zaman. Seems to be the most dynamic batsman in the team, and is an excellent fielder too.

England's bowling today has been very ordinary, just like in the games vs Windies. I remember the likes of Woakes and Plunkett bowling a lot better than the current tripe that they serve up. Archer has to be in the team without any doubt. I'd also take the elder Curran or Wood instead of Plunkett in the World Cup squad, given that Plunkett's pace seems to have fallen a bit.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Really impressed with Zaman. Seems to be the most dynamic batsman in the team, and is an excellent fielder too.

England's bowling today has been very ordinary, just like in the games vs Windies. I remember the likes of Woakes and Plunkett bowling a lot better than the current tripe that they serve up. Archer has to be in the team without any doubt. I'd also take the elder Curran or Wood instead of Plunkett in the World Cup squad, given that Plunkett's pace seems to have fallen a bit.
Yeah Bowling have been poor from Pakistan as well, Pakistan strength is their bowling and if that fails then Pakistan will be struggling in the world cup.
England should give Chris Jordan a chance because he played really well in the PSL so I think he is just underrated.

Bevab

Staff Member
Yeah Bowling have been poor from Pakistan as well, Pakistan strength is their bowling and if that fails then Pakistan will be struggling in the world cup.
England should give Chris Jordan a chance because he played really well in the PSL so I think he is just underrated.

As far as I know, Jordan's not reliable in ODIs due to his inability to bowl consistently well in non-death overs, which is why he hasn't really been given a consistent run in the team.

This is the sort of game where Hafeez would have been crucial. He's capable of playing at a higher strike rate if required unlike Sohail and can also bowl better than him, which would have resulted in lesser overs for Shah.

B

Bigby Wolf

This is turning out to be good comeback from Pakistan 69 from 42 is pretty much chasable with six wickets in hand.

Bevab

Staff Member
This is turning out to be good comeback from Pakistan 69 from 42 is pretty much chasable with six wickets in hand.

Given that the boundary's been deliberately placed quite far away for an ODI and that Sarfaraz seems to be more interested in doing his best ODI Dhoni impression as possible, I'd say probably unlikely. Unless Wasim and Hasan come in and smash a few outta the ground, with a significant contribution from Asif.

B

Bigby Wolf

Given that the boundary's been deliberately placed quite far away for an ODI and that Sarfaraz seems to be more interested in doing his best ODI Dhoni impression as possible, I'd say probably unlikely. Unless Wasim and Hasan come in and smash a few outta the ground, with a significant contribution from Asif.
That Asif Ali can hit the long ball just need a sensible partner at the other end to accumulate a couple of doubles alongside a boundary to maintain the asking rate.

Edit - As I was about to hit the enter button Asif Ali is gone.

Bevab

Staff Member
I've been critical of Asif Ali in the past, but he's played really well today. He could be a real asset on the flat pitches of England and should probably be in the WC squad if he can play a mature, calculated innings like today.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've been critical of Asif Ali in the past, but he's played really well today. He could be a real asset on the flat pitches of England and should probably be in the WC squad if he can play a mature, calculated innings like today.
Asif Ali is like Afridi basically because sometimes he performs and sometimes he fails.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
We going to lose this, but I am so proud of our batting. A few different things and a little more experience in situations like this and its a different game.

Users who are viewing this thread