Pakistan Tour of England 2019

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes Hopefully this England series finally wakes the selectors up, Asif Ali so far is proving to be a useful batsman down the order but Sarfaraz is not a lower order batsman because he lacks the hitting power.

In a recent interview he said that he would like to bat at 4. But with that a new problem forms with Haris Sohail and Shoaib Malik.

1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam ul Haq/Abid Ali
3. Babar Azam
4. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
5. Haris Sohail
6. Mohammad Hafeez
7. Asif Ali
8. Imad Wasim
9. Hasan Ali /Junaid Khan
10. Mohammad Amir
11. Shaheen Shah Afridi

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In a recent interview he said that he would like to bat at 4. But with that a new problem forms with Haris Sohail and Shoaib Malik.

1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam ul Haq/Abid Ali
3. Babar Azam
4. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
5. Haris Sohail
6. Mohammad Hafeez
7. Asif Ali
8. Imad Wasim
9. Hasan Ali /Junaid Khan
10. Mohammad Amir
11. Shaheen Shah Afridi
As i said, Hafeez and Malik are clogging up the middle order, and they can't be ignored (though Malik has been poor recently). Only solution is for Sarfraz to open, but with Nephew-ul-Haq still there, seems unlikely.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A very nice fight by Pakistan and that too while chasing a monstrous total of 374. I am presently surprised by the batting of these young batsmen and they have made it very difficult for selectors to pick the final 15 for the WC. Frankly speaking although Malik is a good batsman specially on such batting friendly pitches but I feel Asif Ali brings more to the table, specially with the form, he is in right now.
Yasir Shah is awful to say the least. Hafeez and Shadab are must for Pakistan, otherwise Pakistan should ask Azhar Ali to play as a bowler, as he is in England and recently took a 5 wickets haul.
Bowling in general is out of form and hence the importance of experience increases, so Pakistan should select Aamir, instead of Fahim Ashraf. Also we need to select 6 genuine bowlers, becuase this is where Sarfraz feels comfortable.
I would like to see the following team for the WC.

Imam ul Haq
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohammad Hafeez
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Hassan Ali
Mohammad Aamir
Shaheen Shah

Bench: Harris Sohail, Junaid Khan, Husnain, Abid Ali.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A very nice fight by Pakistan and that too while chasing a monstrous total of 374. I am presently surprised by the batting of these young batsmen and they have made it very difficult for selectors to pick the final 15 for the WC. Frankly speaking although Malik is a good batsman specially on such batting friendly pitches but I feel Asif Ali brings more to the table, specially with the form, he is in right now.
Yasir Shah is awful to say the least. Hafeez and Shadab are must for Pakistan, otherwise Pakistan should ask Azhar Ali to play as a bowler, as he is in England and recently took a 5 wickets haul.
Bowling in general is out of form and hence the importance of experience increases, so Pakistan should select Aamir, instead of Fahim Ashraf. Also we need to select 6 genuine bowlers, becuase this is where Sarfraz feels comfortable.
I would like to see the following team for the WC.

Imam ul Haq
Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Sarfraz Ahmed
Mohammad Hafeez
Asif Ali
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Hassan Ali
Mohammad Aamir
Shaheen Shah

Bench: Harris Sohail, Junaid Khan, Husnain, Abid Ali.
I'd go with Malik ahead of Abid Ali. Sarfraz or even Haris can be the backup opener.
Ideally Malik ahead of Imam, but not gonna happen.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Asif Ali should be in the side but not at the cost of Abid Ali. Abid Ali has to be there as a bench opener you never know when Imam and Fakhar fall flat. I'd love to drop Fahim Ashraf and induct Asif Ali in for the World Cup Squad.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Asif Ali should be in the side but not at the cost of Abid Ali. Abid Ali has to be there as a bench opener you never know when Imam and Fakhar fall flat. I'd love to drop Fahim Ashraf and induct Asif Ali in for the World Cup Squad.
Yeah Fahim Ashraf needs to go, he is just taking up space in the squad

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Has anyone seen that video of Liam Plunkett allegedly ball tampering? What's the deal with that?
The state of that ball was incredible. Should've been replaced at the very least.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd go with Malik ahead of Abid Ali. Sarfraz or even Haris can be the backup opener.
Ideally Malik ahead of Imam, but not gonna happen.
You need a backup wicket keeper, we can't afford an Umar Akmal like keeper in case of emergency and Abid Ali is selected as a backup keeper. It will not look good if Pakistan drop any of the newcomer, hence, it is a conundrum for the selectors.
Yes, I agree but we have heavily invested on Imam plus Sarfraz hasn't batted as an opener for quite long time.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I agree with the Imam issue. If he's going to play at that pace when chasing over 370, then there is no hope. No point in thinking he'll develop that part of his game. Between Imam, Babar and Harris, Pakistan eat too many balls in the middle. Of the three, Babar is probably doing his job correctly, going at around a run a ball. They should urgently try Abid Ali out for the next two matches. Can't hurt. I don't see that happening though as a good performance or two will put Imam's place in jeopardy in the public eye. I hope desperately that I'm wrong, and that Abid Ali gets in for a look. Asif Ali looks like a must for this team. Need to take bring him into the squad at the very least.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imam is making me eat my hat :p

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Excellent batting by Pakistan, now the bowlers need to make a comeback.
Btw, I don't know if anyone noticed but the umpiring decisions are going consistently in England's favor.

Users who are viewing this thread