Pakistan Tour of England 2019

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Imam is making me eat my hat :p

Plenty of hats being eaten everywhere I feel :p on a more serious note, Imam rotated the strike really well today. If he could continue this, he might be the ideal foil to Zaman’s more aggressive game.

Hasan Ali’s surely a better batsman than Ashraf, why does he even play in the side if he can’t take wickets or bat much either? Amir wasn’t selected despite his good economy because he was incapable of taking wickets, by that logic Ashraf shouldn’t be in the side either.

Asif Ali was good again, played sensibly and went big when needed. If he can score quickly without losing his wicket within 5-10 balls and contribute with the odd 50, he might very well be the ideal 6 for Pakistan.

Given that Archer hasn’t played today either, does this mean that he’s in the final squad without any doubt?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Imam is making me eat my hat :p

He is a very good bat. I told you this from day 1. I know he can be slow, but finally, Pakistan have an opening pair which is the perfect foil. I don't like Zaman at all, but he's a necessary evil because he makes runs and makes them fast. I have been trying to make people understand this from day 1. Really want to hear what that donkey Tanvir Ahmed has to say now.

B

Bigby Wolf

Again don't understand the flak around Imam - looks a very good player to me and a great knock to shut up his critics.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Again don't understand the flak around Imam - looks a very good player to me and a great knock to shut up his critics.
Well, my only issue with him is that he plays too slowly, like in the last game, but he was excellent today. If he keeps this up, there's no issue.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well, my only issue with him is that he plays too slowly, like in the last game, but he was excellent today. If he keeps this up, there's no issue.

These tracks in England are flatter than the subcontinent. That stereotype of Asian tracks not having anything for the bowlers is nonsense. These English wickets are crap. 359 not being close to par is atrocious. Pakistan actually have a huge advantage when it comes to understanding what cricket is par for the course. India will struggle this World Cup because this 350+ game is not ours.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Seems like a role reversal in this series. Batting is very good, bowling is very poor.

If I were a Pak fan, I would`nt mind that. The Pakistani bowling is best when you don`t expect them to do well. Come tournament time, they might switch on. I feel they will do better than India and England this world cup.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If I were a Pak fan, I would`nt mind that. The Pakistani bowling is best when you don`t expect them to do well. Come tournament time, they might switch on. I feel they will do better than India and England this world cup.
I think we have a very outside chance of making the top 4.
Good news is, Shadab Khan is back. Hopefully they'll dump Fahim Ashraf now.[DOUBLEPOST=1557856808][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amir wasn’t selected despite his good economy
Very badly missing his economy rate right now.

B

Bigby Wolf

Well 35(44) last game not bad playing second fiddle to Fakhar Zaman if he can convert that to 120 off balls or 100 off 90 would be acutally quite good result tbh for Pakistan. The result of the batting can revolve around him - the likes of Ali,Faheem, Imad etc. can play their natural attacking innings.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well 35(44) last game not bad playing second fiddle to Fakhar Zaman if he can convert that to 120 off balls or 100 off 90 would be acutally quite good result tbh for Pakistan. The result of the batting can revolve around him - the likes of Ali,Faheem, Imad etc. can play their natural attacking innings.
Yes, but the problem is, even if he converts, it's often not at the same strike rate as today. But he has set a precedent for himself to follow today.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Although England's batting really puts our performance in perspective. This is a 450 pitch.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I guess today Imam Ul Haq shut his critics up.
I am just confused because i thought Pakistan bowling was good but batting was but today it was the opposite:noway.
I think Pakistan fielding was poor today as well, Catches wins matches.

Last edited:

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Never seen in my life such a flat deck where ball wasnt willing to move at all. Pakistan did score 358 runs and it was a massive total despite it was a 400 runs wicket to be on the safer side against the likes of Jason Roy and Bairstow. I have my reservations for Pakistan innings, first and foremost Fakhar has to be more consistent than what he is doing. He has huge technical deficiences, Imam scores on and off that is why we really need a bench opener as Abid Ali and he must be tried out in these two odis, rather he should be permanently part of the World Cup squad, I wish I would be wrong but observing the management and chief selector they can make Abid Ali scapegoat.

Babar Azam was looking so good and it was a shame how he missed out a straight ball of just 84 miles on a flat deck. He really needs to be more responsibile on this format. This is actually one of the differences between the two sides. Responsible batsmen dont thow their wickets like this.

I have all the good praise for Imam. He really performed well but I believe Haris Sohail looked to me more comfortable than Imam on the crease but haris didnt show intent to save his wicket and that did a lot of damage. Sarfraz also played an irresponsible shot after getting well set up. I think he has fitness issues he hasnt been that energetic the way he used to be.

I beleive Pakistan actually lost the aggressive plot once again in the last seven overs. Thanks to the tail enders, the last 40 to 50 runs were lucky bonus otherwise Pakistan was on his way to get pack up around 325 to 330 max.

I also feel Pakistan felt that they have scored more than enough to defend. When you dont set up a target you dont reach to it and Pakistan did face a lot of mental blocks while battingthe. Thats my view.

Despite these mistake, Pakistan bowled to good line and length in the initial overs and at the death at times on a flat deck but worst catching did it all for England.

I have strong reservations over Imad Wasim. Somtimes he felt to me the UAE captain back in 96 World Cup named Sultan Zarawani who was a half batsman half bowler and did nothing for his team. Atleast for now, the only difference between Imad and Sultan is style and show up. You got to perform before making gestures like champions. Finally why we are forced to see the boring bowler of all times Fahim Ashrad. Sarfraz needs to get out of his friends ccomfort zone and should be willing to support all good players equally.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread