Pakistan tour of South Africa - 2018/19

peace patel

School Cricketer
Andy ( 4 for 22 and 69*) and Rassie D. (93 and 80*) more deserved for proteas than just Lucky.

i wish both player good luck in other firmat as well.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sarfaraz’s ‘sorry but not sorry’ tweets seem to be even worse in the context of what happened. It’s almost like him or his PR team don’t care about the incident, and just wanted to issue an apology for the sake of it.

And also, is coming into bat at 8, after sending two bowling all rounders ahead of you, and then having Hasan Ali outscore you at a higher strike rate really indicative of a good performance? Have Pakistan got no other alternatives to him?

Personally feel that he should be banned for a few matches and fined heavily as a minimum. But seeing that the PCB has basically decided to sweep the issue under the rug, don’t think he’ll be receiving what he deserves.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Sarfaraz’s ‘sorry but not sorry’ tweets seem to be even worse in the context of what happened. It’s almost like him or his PR team don’t care about the incident, and just wanted to issue an apology for the sake of it.

And also, is coming into bat at 8, after sending two bowling all rounders ahead of you, and then having Hasan Ali outscore you at a higher strike rate really indicative of a good performance? Have Pakistan got no other alternatives to him?

Personally feel that he should be banned for a few matches and fined heavily as a minimum. But seeing that the PCB has basically decided to sweep the issue under the rug, don’t think he’ll be receiving what he deserves.
Completely agree with both points. The apology was not sufficient or sincere. "Wasn't directed at anyone"? I can't believe anyone really believes that, do they. And Sarfraz has a history of sending others before him to protect his skin. Definitely not leader material.

Mohammad Rizwan has been on absolute fire lately in domestic cricket, and in tour practice matches. He definitely needs a long run. Hopefully Sarfraz is banned, and Rizwan can outperform him. This will at least put pressure on him, which he hasn't really felt since he was made captain. He seems to think he's undroppable.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Saying racist stuff might be normal in asian countries but as a captain of a international Cricket team he should know better, I really like to see Mohammed Rizwan given a chance to play and show Sarfaraz that Exit door do exist.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
India's over reaction to Pandya and I don't even know what Rahul did and Pakistan's underestimation of the wrong doing of Sarfraz shows how messed up the people of our respective countries are.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Completely agree with both points. The apology was not sufficient or sincere. "Wasn't directed at anyone"? I can't believe anyone really believes that, do they. And Sarfraz has a history of sending others before him to protect his skin. Definitely not leader material.

Mohammad Rizwan has been on absolute fire lately in domestic cricket, and in tour practice matches. He definitely needs a long run. Hopefully Sarfraz is banned, and Rizwan can outperform him. This will at least put pressure on him, which he hasn't really felt since he was made captain. He seems to think he's undroppable.
Sarfraz can be considered a lucky guy considering he's still there in the team, more so after making a racist statement where he has been let off easy. This has no place in cricket, and he better be given a serious punishment.

The most damaging effect I find with this situation is on the young Pakistani fans. Some kids may idolize some players, maybe even Sarfraz. Even with the leniency shown so far, these kids will think it's ok to say bs like this. It's unfortunate this has not created outrage in the cricketing world to a large extent. There needs to be a defining stance set to be against racism in cricket.

B

Bigby Wolf

Coming to the Racism issue Pakistani's renowned comedian (Umar Sharif calling WI players 'Kaale Koyle' .i.e. Black Coals) can do it on national television a couple of years then surely overall culture of the country has been affected by it.Even Indians saying black to someone is not considered racism but the influence of western countries these days due to facilities available it is important for an individual to have some awareness or even a presence of mind to not to say something which can hurt sentiments of Caste,Color, Religion etc. of another individual or group.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Coming to the Racism issue Pakistani's renowned comedian (Umar Sharif calling WI players 'Kaale Koyle' .i.e. Black Coals) can do it on national television a couple of years then surely overall culture of the country has been affected by it.Even Indians saying black to someone is not considered racism but the influence of western countries these days due to facilities available it is important for an individual to have some awareness or even a presence of mind to not to say something which can hurt sentiments of Caste,Color, Religion etc. of another individual or group.
Ignorance is never a good excuse. It's 2019, and there is no reason for people to not know that referring to a racialized person in a derogatory manner is disgusting. It is especially mind boggling when the person involved is from a formerly colonized country. I've never particularly liked that kind of comedy anyways. It's cheap, and not funny. If you are on any kind of public forum, whether as a comedian or cricket player, it is your responsibility to inform and educate yourself on such matters. For god's sake, just don't be a jerk. It's not really that hard. Or rectify and apologize when you do mess up, as everyone is human and makes mistakes. This isn't new either, people back in the day like Gandhi, Iqbal, Tagore and so many others were already talking about it. You should not regress as a society with time. I will never accept the, 'it's part of their culture' argument, ever.

EDIT: I also can't accept that the word "Kaala" is not considered racism in places like India and Pakistan. There is definitely an element of colourism, that resembles racism with that word being used for either the South Indian population, or Makrani people in Pakistan. The person doing it, knows exactly what he's doing, and knows he's hurling an insult.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
This is odd. No official word from the ICC from any ban on Sarfraz, and yet he is supposedly out for 4 days and out of today's game. What is going on?

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I didnt understand the logic of sendng tail enders in before coming in to bat and hiding behind pressure.. Sarfraz Ahmed. Its a disappointment that he has taken up too much captaincy pressure on himself. Cricket is also to enjoy rather than getting worried all the time. I feel its time to have a strong experienced captain for the side. Sarfraz utility can be there as a player with Rizwan as backup.

Good to see Shoaib captaining the side today. Rizwan inclusion is feeling like a fresh breeze. Always been a fan of his wicket energetic wicket keeping

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It's good to see us competing in South Africa, and we're a bit unlucky to not have won this series already. We had the bowling to defend the target in the last match, if it hadn't rained.
Malik's captaincy was spot on, i have to say, in terms of bowling changes and field placement. Let's hope we don't buckle in the last match.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I didnt understand the logic of sendng tail enders in before coming in to bat and hiding behind pressure.. Sarfraz Ahmed.
True, if he can't bat in the lower order, he should have the guts to demote Malik at 6 and put himself at 5.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Great all around performance by Team Pakistan. Shoaib captaincy was the main difference here. It was a refreshing change. The guy carries huge experience in his bag. He was more calmer and used the bowling changings really well. Great to see Imam Ul Haq finally performing against one of the best bowling lineup.

Its a well fought out series and we could have already won this series. Good achievment in south africa. Winning this series, I'd consider it as a bonus.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Feel so refreshing to watch a Pakistan game without Sarfaraz shouting for 100 overs.

Shaheen Shah is one again the silent game-winner, taking those early wickets and producing a quality spell. Amir seems to have a serious drop in the pace of recent, his second spells barely touched 135 constantly. Great win, but let's finish on the high note and win the decider.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Feel so refreshing to watch a Pakistan game without Sarfaraz shouting for 100 overs.
x1000 :tick:

Hopefully, next game Rizwan can get some overs and really perform. His keeping and athleticism are also monumentally better than Sarfraz who looks like he's out of shape. Shaheen does look like the real deal up the top, but I think the spinners won us this game. Them holding the fort in the middle overs put a lot of pressure on Amla and Faf to accelerate when they were looking set.

Users who are viewing this thread