PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
761368A0-E078-4789-A24D-DEDB1E93692D.jpeg
They dropped Maqsood after one series in favour of Sharjeel, and demoted Babar to 3 :rolleyes
Stats clearly tell you that Rizwan and Babar are our best opening pair ever in T20Is, but our team management is allergic to statistical analysis.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
View attachment 253666
They dropped Maqsood after one series in favour of Sharjeel, and demoted Babar to 3 :rolleyes
Stats clearly tell you that Rizwan and Babar are our best opening pair ever in T20Is, but our team management is allergic to statistical analysis.
Just don't see how Sharjeel fits in this team tbh. They can't be wasting spots like this. Instead of giving opportunities to middle order batsmen so that they have a chance to cement a settled spot in the team, they keep stacking openers in the team for no reason.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
they keep stacking openers in the team for no reason.
Because there are too many openers and top order players making runs in domestic, and not enough middle order batsmen

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
View attachment 253666
They played Sharjeel as an opener today, he made 20 off 16.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Without gaps to exploit in the Powerplay, Babar is going to be a slow starter in T20s, when he bats at 3. It’s the momentum from the Powerplay that allows him to kick on after it, in most of his innings.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan should give Shadab at an extended run at 5. Judging from the numbers he's been prolific there in the PSL, and potentially he can be a decent middle order bat if he's given the freedom to bat higher. Play Azam Khan at 6 and M Nawaz at 7 or even play Hasan Ali at 7 based on the situation. There is no point playing so many top order batsmen in the middle order if they're not comfortable there, no one has really played a substantial innings of late, it's been looking like an reliance on Babar and Rizwan to do most of the work, which won't always happen. Fakhar Zaman does not look ideal for the middle order, he's not the batsman who can tee off from ball one, he becomes a more effective batsmen as his innings progresses, take his 193 against SA in an ODI for instance where he laid a foundation, got used to the pitch and went hard at the backend. This would be an ideal lineup imo.

Babar
Rizwan
Zaman
Hafeez
Shadab
Azam Khan
Nawaz
Hasan Ali
Shaheen
(some decent fast bowler)
Qadir

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan should give Shadab at an extended run at 5. Judging from the numbers he's been prolific there in the PSL, and potentially he can be a decent middle order bat if he's given the freedom to bat higher.
He’s been trash in the last year though. His numbers are inflated thanks to the 2020 PSL and a couple knocks vs NZ. He'll have to pick up the pace again. Sohaib Maqsood at 4 would be ideal for me. Hafeez is back to his pre-2020 form, so maybe Shadab instead of him. Azam has to be persisted with, he can murder spinners at his best.
This would be my ideal T20 lineup

Babar
Rizwan
Fakhar
Sohaib
Hafeez/Shadab
Azam
Imad
Hasan
Qadir
Shaheen
Amir

Amir is a performer on the big stage, he should be in the team, but I don’t trust this clueless management to reconcile with him. So it will be Haris Rauf or Hasnain in his place, i guess.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah, he’s proven still handy with the ball

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why can't they cancel the Test series and play out the T20s. Surely, the T20s are more important in the lead up to the WT20 right?

In terms of the test matches, are these a part of the next WTC cycle?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

Users who are viewing this thread