Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Need Fawad to marshal the tail, and Hasan to hang around.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Time to tee off, i think. No use playing for the draw.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
He's certainly showing that his knowledge of how to build an innings is indispensable.

espite the small sample size, I think it's also pretty indicative that Fawad has three Test centuries, but that they're his only Test scores over 30. He also gets out caught, almost exclusively. Both of these are very strange statistical anomalies, and are indicative of a technique with many moving parts and a serious weight distribution problem. It is also indicative of a technique that is not repeatable.

Once he gets in, and is used to the idiosyncrasies of whatever his movements are on any given day, then he's a very very good Test batsman. But his technique is only repeatable enough to afford him this sort of opportunity once in around every five innings; the other four times, he'll get out caught for under 30 with his weight distribution in exactly the wrong places.
For what it's worth, I still stand behind this observation; he does get out a lot under 30, but if he's playing match-winning innings the rest of the time (five of his seven 30s have turned into centuries after all) then you keep him around regardless

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He's certainly showing that his knowledge of how to build an innings is indispensable.

For what it's worth, I still stand behind this observation; he does get out a lot under 30, but if he's playing match-winning innings the rest of the time (five of his seven 30s have turned into centuries after all) then you keep him around regardless
Pakistan will take what he offers with both hands right now.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Need to clean them up before lunch to have a chance to win.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
i missed the entire day today, but seems like this is headed for a draw especially if more rain is in the forecast, otherwise I feel like we have a chance to even out the series

Users who are viewing this thread