Sat Jul 27
18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 1st T20I - West Indies v Pakistan
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent

Sun Jul 28
18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 2nd T20I - West Indies v Pakistan
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent

Pakistan's squad for the tour of West Indies

West Indies' squad .

Pakistan won the first ODI which was much needed there as it bounces the confidence of all the players and especially Shahid Afridi as he took 7 wickets with just giving 12 runs and he scored 76 runs which was the decisive moment of the match , his partnership with Misbah ul Haq saved Pakistan from being restricted below 150 score they started their partnership when Pak was 5-47 although West Indies lost the match , it disappointed many of their fans and even the captain , after being successful in the first two matches in the tri-series , West indies has been losing matches consecutively .

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Afridi haters where are you.He played the match of his life :thumbs

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, Still Some people are criticizing him. Don't understand What do they want.

One match doesn't change much. Admittedly, he was the best in the team but he got out again playing an aggressive stroke, knowing that there were no pure batsmen underneath him. Had he played 5 more overs, I could see Pakistan reaching 250 odd.

About the bowling, he used the pitch exceptionally well, and I can't criticize anything.

However, Ajmal doesn't seem himself with the ball. Not the dazzle that he used to have with the ball.

Hope the Pakistani batting steps up. Shehzad is class when he gets going, Jamshed is good but has some weight issues. Hafeez is essentially a bowler who clicks once in a while. Misbah is good, but needed to speed up a tad. Umar Akmal looked great, and that six he hit was magnificent but needs to learn to build an innings.

Hoping for Pakistan to dominate this series.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Damn if every-time Afridi plays like this, it such a disappointment he hasn't done such more consistently throughout his career, he could have become on of the top spin all-rounder of all-time in all formats.

Sami Kumar

Zananiya da Cheetah
PAK...
The Boys
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Pakistan has become first team whose three bowlers have taken 7 Wickets in an ODI Innings - Aaqib Javed, Waqar Younis and Afridi!, Hope that next time our top order assists our batting.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Well I don't see how you can't give it up to Afridi, not the biggest fan of the guy but when you have that type of performance it truly is hard to hate against him. I hope he realizes that he needs to stay consistent however if he wants to be competitive, he can be very frightening for other teams and he single-handedly changed the match today and carried Pakistan on his back to win. Outstanding performance and I hope he keeps up this play because Pakistan selectors are going to make him play for probably the next 6 months just because of this performance.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I can't understand what has got into Chris Gayle. He has suddenly forgot how to play for the past series or two. The batting woes continues. Looking at the bowling figures of the Pakistani bowlers make me think if it was a cricket pitch or a minefield we were batting on.

Code:
           Bowler	O	M	R	W	Econ	
	Mohammad Irfan	7	2	17	2	2.42 (3w) 		
	Asad Ali	5	0	13	0	2.60		
	Wahab Riaz	5	1	8	0	1.60		
	Saeed Ajmal	7	0	25	0	3.57 (2w)	
	Mohammad Hafeez	8	1	16	0	2.00 (1w)	
	Shahid Afridi	9	3	12	7	1.33 (2w)

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I like Gayle very much but honestly he has never played to his potential for WI,maybe one or two here and there.I dont understand why!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I like Gayle very much but honestly he has never played to his potential for WI,maybe one or two here and there.I dont understand why!

Gayle is like so many other modern day players.........big hitters!
T20 is the "fashion" right now and it's the cool thing to play. It's where the money is. Why would they really care if they play well or not for the west indies on such a small wage?! Every time i look at pollard i see that "couldnt care less" look in his eyes. The trouble with that is that modern day players don't know how to play an innings anymore. I know gayle isn't really a modern day player, but anyone who's been watching him for years knows his passion is swinging the bat. If you look at his BIG hundreds in test cricket they have all come on flat pitches. It's not that gayle hasn't played to his potential, it's that when you are a big hitter only one innings every so often works out.
If you look at the modern West Indies team it's the same story....
J.Charles.....2 in every 6 innings
K.Pollard.....1 in every 6 innings
L.Simmonds.....1 in every 6 innings
K.Powell.....1 in every 5 innings
D.Sammy.....1 in every 4 innings
And don't even get me started on Darren bravo!!
Sorry for the really long rant, but the basic moral of this story is........thank t20 for a lot of things wrong with modern day players.

----------

Afridi haters where are you.He played the match of his life :thumbs

Afridi is very much the type of player I described in my post. Chances are he won't play a good innings now for the rest of the tour. Afraid has NEVER produced a long innings his team needed unless its been big hitting, and like I've been trying to say, theses types of players only produce an innings like that 1 in every 5 or 6 matches! Afridi is no different.

Last edited:

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Afridi has also become the first player to score 7000+ runs and take 350 wickets (Bravo being his 350th wicket)

He really should be recognized for this achievement.

Personally, I think he should be mover up the order to maybe open or even at the number 4 position. He can build an innings, give him a chance and see what he can do up there. We need quicker players up the order.

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Personally, I think he should be mover up the order to maybe open or even at the number 4 position. He can build an innings, give him a chance and see what he can do up there. We need quicker players up the order.

I don't see a reason why you would want him to bat up the order. He is not the man you would expect to play sheet anchor role. Pakistan has got players who can score quickly without taking too many risks. Shoaib Malik is one man I remember capable of doing it. The problem with Afridi is lack of consistency. He is a player who performs exceedingly well once in a blue moon and for the rest of the time, its all barren in the scoresheets.

blueblood

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think he should be mover up the order to maybe open or even at the number 4 position.
No way:noway, certainly not in these conditions. It will harm them more, thank god there is Misbah, had he been not there, I doubt they would even clear 150.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
No way:noway, certainly not in these conditions. It will harm them more, thank god there is Misbah, had he been not there, I doubt they would even clear 150.

Hafeez is up there and he is pretty useless. I would rather have Afridi up there, as it would settle and away pressure from the young guns.

Hate Misbah's defensive captaincy, would rather have Afridi's do or die captaincy tactics. With a bowling attack like Pakistan's, Afridi's tactics result in a more convincing win.

blueblood

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Hafeez is up there and he is pretty useless.
Really? I don't know exactly what you want to see then?
I would rather have Afridi up there, as it would settle and away pressure from the young guns.
If you think Afridi will play like this all day out, sorry, you're wrong. As most of the members said, he fails more than he succeeds. It will then put more pressure on the so called young guns!

The pitch was clearly not assisting the batsmen, so no blame attached to them:noway It is about giving more no. of matches to them. Calling them garbage won't help.

Users who are viewing this thread