Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Can you also mention the number of innings it took them to reach there? Just to get a measure of things..
Don't know about innings, but Azhar played 15 matches, Kohli and Pujara played 16 matches, Smith played 13 matches.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Okay I was expecting that Pakistan can make around 400 when Shafiq and Misbah was there. But it turns out a collapse

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But it turns out a collapse
Well, I've heard quite a few times that Sarfaraz bats well with the tail. So all's not lost yet. 400 is just 74 runs away, so it's possible.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel like there is a negative mentality in the team regarding this test series. Probably Misbah was worried of not loosing tests to West Indies, which forced him and team to bat this slowly.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Most runs in Test cricket in the last 12 months:
Azhar Ali 1538
Virat Kohli 1503
Steve Smith 1399
C Pujara 1378

Azhar Ali has been the most under-rated developing batsmen in world cricket at the moment. He has been always successful and the great thing about him is that We have never seen him out of form in test matches. He is always there to score runs with class. He needs to boost up his strike rate a bit though.

Regarding the match, I don't think so there is negative mentality. The thing is this is what we have done under Misbah Captaincy in all these years. This strategy and mindset has worked for them. Though Yea, can't rule out the pressure of the last test match. On a funny note, Misbah is actually giving a final message that to his fans that He was a Tuk Tuk and He will always remain a Tuk Tuk :) But He has earned it. Kudos to the team.

PS: I don't see Pakistan winning this match until or unless some bowling brilliance do the Job. The key here is to go for a win, instead of draw. If you are with this mindset that we will loose what If? Man you are gone...........

PS2: Nevertheless Pakistan managed to reach near 400, Thanks to Sarfraz crucial innings yet again. Pakistan should take a lead of atleast 100 to go for a kill from here

Last edited:

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I feel like there is a negative mentality in the team regarding this test series. Probably Misbah was worried of not loosing tests to West Indies, which forced him and team to bat this slowly.

Is`nt a 1-1 draw a bad result for Pakistan? Surely, they could`ve shown more intent with the bat. Its all good wanting to bat 150 overs but if you do so, you need to ensure that you bat only once. Otherwise, the moment you lose a couple of wickets, you bring the opposition right back into the game. Just compare this to how India approached the games in the WI, scoring 500-odd and only batting once. That gives you a shot at winning even rain affected games. If Pakistan are only going to score 350-odd, you are better off doing it quickly as it allows you time to get 20 wickets.

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is`nt a 1-1 draw a bad result for Pakistan? Surely, they could`ve shown more intent with the bat. Its all good wanting to bat 150 overs but if you do so, you need to ensure that you bat only once. Otherwise, the moment you lose a couple of wickets, you bring the opposition right back into the game. Just compare this to how India approached the games in the WI, scoring 500-odd and only batting once. That gives you a shot at winning even rain affected games. If Pakistan are only going to score 350-odd, you are better off doing it quickly as it allows you time to get 20 wickets.

The difference that I see is that India batted with confidence at every opportunity. They batted as if they KNEW that they were better than the very average WI attack and looked constantly to score runs and put pressure on their opponent. Watching this series as a West Indies supporter, Pakistan is batting as if they're facing New Zealand's swing attack or Australia's pace. And that's not on offer in this match - Gabriel has been good in spells and obviously Test 2 Day 5 was electric, but there are plenty of bad balls on offer and Pakistan almost seems afraid to take advantage of them. They look like their recent test failures since the England series are weighing on their minds.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Okay this was a great comeback from Pakistani bowlers, specially Abbas. His 1st 5-wicket haul. :clap

Now lets see what will Pakistan do in their 2nd Innings.

I'm not hoping too much from Misbah and his men to play aggressive. But If Pakistan somehow manages to gave a target of 350+ today and let West Indies bat on Day 5. There could be a chance that Pakistan can win this test match. But most likely it will be a Draw.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Time to bring back Abbas.

Users who are viewing this thread