KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Not fair comparison mate, Misbah and Williamson are entirely different style of play batsmen. Kane does fight like a Warrior while Misbah has always been on the defensive side which has killed the team many many times

AntiMisbah24*

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan's batting is like a child's play. Pathetic performance simply, wrong batting combo and lack of winning vision costing them matches. This will go on and on till you get a sound captain and a proper team combination

Passionate Boy

School Cricketer
It is truly disappointing to see Pakistan losing this way, but then again, we're playing on New Zealand soil, we couldn't have expected any less in New Zealand against New Zealand.

I feel Azhar Ali's captaincy and batting is getting exposed already, and heading into away tours, It looks quite obvious that a lot of players will flop and be exposed, to name a couple; Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Shoaib Malik, Sohaib Maqsood will be eaten alive by Starc, Broad and Anderson in the away tours in England/Australia later down the year.

I'm type of hoping Pakistan are thrashed in the away tours, even though I am a Pakistan Cricket fan, I'd rather we get thrashed, get a proper coach, a deserving captain and half of our team (mediocre hacks) replaced with young, talented lads who are working hard in the domestic circuit. Pakistan getting thrashed is the only way there is that 10% chance of that awaited change or else our team will remain with undeserving players and effect us long term.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
The way Kane Willimson got bowled out from a subtle inswinging delivery by Anwar Ali has hold me to reserve my judgement on Kane for some more time..... Sometime a batsman/Bowler weakness got hide because of poor and less-talented performance from other side. There are plenty of examples of this in World Cricket Ranging from Aussies to Pakistan.....

Not saying that Kane isn't good... Just holding my opinions a bit

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Mark it Till Waqar Younis is the Head Coach and Azhar Ali Captain, Pakistan can never ever reach to any heights because both have extremely defensive mind-sets. Azhar is behaving like He's in a strange world because he knew from the heart that He doesn't deserve even to be in the ODI Team in the first place and Now I am Captain, JUST WOW!!

Waqar's mentality has always been defensive since he was captaining the side a decade ago. Same formula he is applying as a coach. His first stint was impressive due to strong captains. The second one is even worse now.... Total messed up One day side at the moment...

If you really want to extract something good from Waqar's legacy, The best way is to induct him for bowling coaching in the academy and domestic level. Serve your country there instead of devastating the team unit and combination with your insane approaches at the International Level. A good player doesn't necessarily mean a good captain and a coach

PokerAce

Banned
The way Kane Willimson got bowled out from a subtle inswinging delivery by Anwar Ali has hold me to reserve my judgement on Kane for some more time..... Sometime a batsman/Bowler weakness got hide because of poor and less-talented performance from other side. There are plenty of examples of this in World Cricket Ranging from Aussies to Pakistan.....

Not saying that Kane isn't good... Just holding my opinions a bit

I get what you are saying and some batsmen are great till someone finds a weakness and then they can't score a run after that. Ganguly is a good example I feel, who had a great start and quickly became one of the best ODI players in the world, till he was found wanting against short pitch bowling, and Shoaib Akhtar was one of those to trouble him the most. After than his stats really fell down. He still made a career after that, but he was nowhere near the same player in the second half of his career.

However in these days, there is so much analysis, that its hard for a player to hide. If he has a weakness everyone will be at him like hawk very quickly, and he will be found out. Williamson has been around long enough and played against the best there is. He is a solid player.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Williamson has been around long enough and played against the best there is. He is a solid player.
Agree. He scored heavily almost wherever he played : India, UAE, Bangladesh, West Indies, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe. Just in South Africa he has a quite poor record, but i'm sure next time NZ tour there, he'll score lots of runs there too.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Heavy rain abandoned second match.. Chalo acha hua Izzat bach gayee :) (Dignity Saved) Looking forward for the 3rd ODI now

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I get what you are saying and some batsmen are great till someone finds a weakness and then they can't score a run after that. Ganguly is a good example I feel, who had a great start and quickly became one of the best ODI players in the world, till he was found wanting against short pitch bowling, and Shoaib Akhtar was one of those to trouble him the most. After than his stats really fell down. He still made a career after that, but he was nowhere near the same player in the second half of his career.

However in these days, there is so much analysis, that its hard for a player to hide. If he has a weakness everyone will be at him like hawk very quickly, and he will be found out. Williamson has been around long enough and played against the best there is. He is a solid player.

Interesting, Looking forward to see more Kane's play...

As far as Ganguly is concerned, He was definitely one of the best players around in his hay days but apart from the weakness exposed I guess his form was not there... He gave what he had and he just lost his form... Got milked in my view and there wasn't more from him to offer.... A Similar case happened with Aamir Sohail Who was so good in driving the ball but I remember after 1996, His form wasnt there at all... The area where he used to be so strong suddenly He was unable to time the ball.... And I noticed the same with Ganguly... He used to coming down the track used to whacked the spinners for sixes... But when his form lost, He was unable to time the same very shot.... And true his revival was short-lived and was never what he used to be, same went with Aamir Sohail

PokerAce

Banned
Agree. He scored heavily almost wherever he played : India, UAE, Bangladesh, West Indies, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe. Just in South Africa he has a quite poor record, but i'm sure next time NZ tour there, he'll score lots of runs there too.

I would add India to the list. He first toured India, as part of the crowd, no one knew who he was, and he did okay to be honest. He has 1 hundred and 2 fifties in his 5 tests, but averages a little low at 36.5. I think when NZ tour India this year it will be his test against spin. Everyone knows who he is, there will be plans in place for him, and yes it will be a stern test.

I think he will pose a challenge to the spin att in India. He is a class player and will be looking to get that avg up into the mid 40s at least.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Well, this chase was seeming as smooth as a sponge until both Guptill and Kane fell. Either batsman should have stayed and tried to hold longer from one end. Looks like things are little bit complicated now. NZ need just 90 more runs in 16 overs, but keeping wickets in hands is always important.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Another disappointing loss. Our openers failed again. Azhar Ali doesn't even deserve to be in the ODI team, let alone captain it. Our next ODI series will be against England in August/September, so now is the perfect time to sack him and appoint Malik or Sarfraz. Babar Azam was very impressive once again. For the England tour, even though it's 6 months away, this should be the lineup

Hafeez
Sami Aslam
Haris Sohail
Azam
Malik
Rizwan
Sarfraz
Imad Wasim
Aamir
Wahab / Junaid
Irfan

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
There is a lot to learn by this defeat if brains get right and will to accept your faults. Pakistan's batsmen are suffering more from mental fitness rather than physical or having less talent. I can remember how Hafeez played a loose shot when He was all set for a mighty hundred and after he getting out He was raising his bat towards crowd on his way back to pavilion. So is babar azam, Who is a massive talent but working like a half century player than a century maker. There is a difference between working for your own self and working for your team and your country's pride and that comes into the player from the management The captain and the coach. The biggest responsibility lies towards the captain because he sets the overall mood of the game.

I will again repeat for the 10th time that Waqar's involvement in team selection is beyond his jurisdictions and power and Azhar Ali is playing a puppet in PCB and Waqar's hands. Its been more than a year and this coach is unable to find a right combination for the team in One Days and T-20's. The problem may not be 100% with his ego. The problem is with his limited cricketing brain. A legendary bowler once doesn't mean that he has a great overall cricketing brain and sense. Sometimes immense talent hides your other abilities and people think that A great talent in a specific field must be a great talent in all other departments which is not the case and we have examples in World Cricket for this. Tendulkar was the best batsman but a complete failure as a team leader. Aaqib Javed had a limited bowling talent he was miles behind in bowling greatness compared to Waqar and Akram but his cricketing sense was far ahead than Waqar and has a great talent picking eye.

I beleive Pakistan could be able to defend this 290 If lead by a strong captain who can gel the team well, having said that even a strong captain can't do anything if he doesn't get the right team.

I would like to add here Quote of Wasim Akram, Opined on the recent defeat He said that Team needs consistency, He further said that take the example of Indian team, despite hefty ODI defeat from Aussies they didn't do much changes in the T20 squad and the result is there because you need to give confidence to your selected squad and your playing 11.

Legends like Imran Khan and Wasim Akram has always said that If you are playing with a defensive mindset and a fear of lose You won't be able to win at all.

Shoaib Akhtar said on recent defeat that fortune does not favors when you play bad....

Anyhow folks, don't expect much from this team till you get some sensible management staff

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I would back the return of Mohsin Hasan Khan as a Head Coach and either Malik/Hafeez as an ODI Captain because this team has everything it just needs a fighting spirit. Talent-wise, Some bowlers are over-rated as I would again say Wahab Riaz and Irfan are two of those. I would back Junaid's return.

As Openers If only Hafeez is perfect there, for the other end If only someone can put in Shehzad's brain that first do something concrete boy you have massive talent but you are more concerned on selfies and your styles other than your primary job. For middle-order, Malik, Haris Sohail and Babar Azam should be permanent members. Get rid of umar akmal... and get rid of Azhar Ali as captain and ODI player... My ideal playing ODI 11 in current situation would be:

1. Shehzad
2. Hafeez
3. Haris Sohail
4. Azam
5. Malik
6. Sarfraz
7. Imad Waseem
8. Wahab Riaz
9. Aamir
10.Junaid Khan
11. Z. Gohar

Last edited: