Pakistan vs England in United Arab Emirates - October/November 2015

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I get what you're saying about Ali. 4 isn't a great spot for him. He either opens or bats 7 for me. I think Roy has done alright personally, so I'd have him at 7.

Vince just played the situation. Ball was turning miles and he probably realised 160 was a winning score rather than 180/190. He played pretty freely in the first two matches.

Rashid probably is guaranteed his place as he's done enough in the series. I prefer Parry as he's more reliable, but Bayliss clearly rates him and wants a leggie in the side.
Roy hasn't really done much in T20s, looked better in the ODIs though. I think with Ali we have better options down the order to clear the ropes (Stokes, Billings, Woakes) and he looked pretty good near the top of the order with the field in in the first 6 overs. Plus it'd offer up a Right hand/Left hand combo, which is no bad thing for me.

I just meant with Vince that he seemed to struggle to get going towards the end. He looked a lot better in the first 2 games, so definitely worth his place in the squad, I just don't see him pushing that first XI just yet.

On Rashid I think he's getting better, not as many short balls now, which is encouraging. He's still liable to throw the odd one wide or be a full toss but I think you get that with the variations that he brings. Parry looked a bit nervous to me, dropped short a lot which shouldn't really be happening with a simple off spinner in my opinion. Shame Briggs hasn't really pushed on to challenge him, but Parry is probably another that's worth his place in the squad without pushing for a start.

bigred

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Roy hasn't really done much in T20s, looked better in the ODIs though. I think with Ali we have better options down the order to clear the ropes (Stokes, Billings, Woakes) and he looked pretty good near the top of the order with the field in in the first 6 overs. Plus it'd offer up a Right hand/Left hand combo, which is no bad thing for me.

I just meant with Vince that he seemed to struggle to get going towards the end. He looked a lot better in the first 2 games, so definitely worth his place in the squad, I just don't see him pushing that first XI just yet.

On Rashid I think he's getting better, not as many short balls now, which is encouraging. He's still liable to throw the odd one wide or be a full toss but I think you get that with the variations that he brings. Parry looked a bit nervous to me, dropped short a lot which shouldn't really be happening with a simple off spinner in my opinion. Shame Briggs hasn't really pushed on to challenge him, but Parry is probably another that's worth his place in the squad without pushing for a start.

Moeen has one of the highest strike rates in the country so he must be reasonably good at clearing the ropes. I think it's Stokes that may struggle to get into the team. I can't remember him playing a valuable innings in t20 or ODI cricket. All the stuff he does for Durham should mean he's an absolute world beater. His test performances are better. Occasional good innings but his bowling is really improving. I think if he's to get into the t20 side, he'll have to be considered as one of the best 5 bowlers in the country, but I'd currently put him way down that list. He's statistically one of the most expensive bowlers in the country when it comes to t20. You mentioned Woakes competing with him. I think he's ahead of him in white ball cricket at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread