Pakistan vs New zealand : 2 Test & 3 ODI: Dec 26, 2022 - Jan 13, 2023 at Karachi

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistani spinners have been excellent today. Usama Mir in particular feels like a breath of fresh air as the backup option after Qadir.

Could even play Nawaz, Shadab and Usama Mir in the same XI and have three other pacers remaining if Ashraf/Wasim jr/redeemed Hasan Ali plays at eight for batting depth. That might likely be the best spin attack in international white ball cricket if Mir continues to be this impressive.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Keep blocking on this pitch, and you'll get one with your name on it, as Rizwan just did. That partnership boosted required rate massively.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Another f***ing part-timer. Pooran, Bracewell and Philips become Murali in Pakistan

Bevab

Staff Member
Bracewell is somehow turning into a useful white ball all-rounder. Still unsure how this has happened. For the love of God though keep him away from the test side.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pitch got slower and slower, but that Rizwan-Babar partnership was way too negative.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Bevab can we expect pitches like this in the World Cup? Or completely flat as is becoming usual?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pitch got slower and slower, but that Rizwan-Babar partnership was way too negative.
They always bat negative. While as good as they are, Pakistan will eventually catch up to the Indian disease called as Slow Starts! Both of them together play really slow and while can accelerate, most of the time it is too late.

Bevab

Staff Member
@Bevab can we expect pitches like this in the World Cup? Or completely flat as is becoming usual?

We all feared that pitches would be flat in the last WC after multiple roads in England but they were fairly decent come WC time. The last T20I WC also had plenty for bowlers. I don’t think many stadiums in India are as batting friendly as they once were (don’t have the numbers on hand to back this up at the moment) barring the usual suspects like Wankhade and Chinnasamy and the ICC will probably make pitches that may have a par score of 280-320ish.

Of course I’d love to see them make it more bowling friendly like the past year has been for ODIs (or at least the ones I’ve seen). Something like the last two Pakistani ODIs would be good although I do think NZ could and should have scored more than 261.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
What an innings by Philipps. Pretty average bowling though, kept feeding him length.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I saw an interview of Raja Sahab talking about Rizwan and his vice captaincy in the white ball game. Unbelievable. Chairman of the board didn't know Shadab is the VC? :teeth:

Users who are viewing this thread