Pakistan

Addy

National Board President
misbah is in good touch & can be handy on sub continent pitches. So may be misbah in place of asad shafiq will do it!

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Playing 11

K.Akmal
M.Hafeez
Y.Khan
A.Shafiq
U.Akmal
S.Afridi(C)
A.Razzaq
W.Riaz
U.Gul
S.Akhtar
Ajmal/Rehman (i will prefer rehman)

Team looks a tad thin on the batting. Shafiq and Akmal are talented youngsters but I have a feeling they wont be both playing together, maybe Misbah/Yousef will come in one of their places. I would prefer Shafiq and Akmal though, and I reckon this is the lineup we should go in the NZ ODIs. If it comes up succesfully then this should be our World Cup playing XI.

I think we need Gul as a bowler. Razzaq can be too hot or too cold at times so we do need to keep our options open. Even Afridi has some bad days with the bowl. But I do see the point in Gul being left out for a batsmen. It all depends on the 6 ODIs coming up, if this middle order can do a good job then this is the team.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
My Playing 11 that should be for the World Cup, You can induct misbah if Shafiq doesn't perform. Younus and Yousuf are must play in my view.

K.Akmal
M.Hafeez
Y.Khan
M.Yousuf
A.Shafiq
S.Afridi (C)
A.Razzaq
W.Riaz
U.Gul
S.AKhtar
A.Rehman

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Team looks a tad thin on the batting. Shafiq and Akmal are talented youngsters but I have a feeling they wont be both playing together, maybe Misbah/Yousef will come in one of their places. I would prefer Shafiq and Akmal though, and I reckon this is the lineup we should go in the NZ ODIs. If it comes up succesfully then this should be our World Cup playing XI.

I think we need Gul as a bowler. Razzaq can be too hot or too cold at times so we do need to keep our options open. Even Afridi has some bad days with the bowl. But I do see the point in Gul being left out for a batsmen. It all depends on the 6 ODIs coming up, if this middle order can do a good job then this is the team.

Yeah you can say that team is a bit weak in batting but i think we should not rely on Razzaq as the third seamer because of his pace.The pitches would be very slow and on those tracks Razzaq will hardly cross 125km/h.I know pak will prefer misbah or yousuf because of experience but their s/rates have hurt pak big time in recent past.That is why pak's low order have so much pressure on most of the times

----------

My Playing 11 that should be for the World Cup, You can induct misbah if Shafiq doesn't perform. Younus and Yousuf are must play in my view.

K.Akmal
M.Hafeez
Y.Khan
M.Yousuf
A.Shafiq
S.Afridi (C)
A.Razzaq
W.Riaz
U.Gul
S.AKhtar
A.Rehman

Shafiq is good but i think umer will be better because like MoYO and Yuni play,we should need a bang bang player to cover the wastage of deliveries

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Sure about umer but if only he can done that with consistency. He has to apply himself, apparently he is acting like Shahid Afridi and Imran Nazir.

I am also more towards Sohail Tanvir in place of Wahab Riaz. Wahab needs to improve his bowling.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
15 Member Squad Announced

Here is the Final 15 Member Squad for the World Cup. Muhammad Yousuf and Tanvir Ahmed are excluded

Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Mohammad Hafeez, Kamran Akmal (wk), Younis Khan, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Sohail Tanvir, Ahmed Shehzad

Surprizingly and ofcourse to the most laugh, The Captain has not been announced yet by the board. LOL, PCB surely doesn't view World Cup as a Serious Event I suppose.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It's understandable that the ODI squad, that will play against New Zealand, is chosen.

I am expecting not much from Pakistan, but I didn't expect them to perform in the recent Twenty20 World Cups also.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Disappointing end to Yousufs ODI career. I dont see any reason for him to continue after this but the way it has been handled could have been better. The PCB should have told him about this earlier, and let him retire and then announce the squad. Looking at our middle order in comparison with Younis and Misbah, MoYo has definetly been below the three in the past three years (Not including games against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe)

Younis - 3 100s & 6 50s
Yousef - 0 100s & 2 50s
Misbah - 0 100s & 6 50s

Competing with them are Shafiq and Akmal. So I would say Younis should probably be there, and if Shafiq and Akmal show some maturity then they should play along if not then Misbah should probably come in.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I was expecting this yousuf will not be selected thats why i didnt pick him in my playing XI

@ rehan,i think we should not judge riaz as a test bowler his ability in limited over cric is very much admirable and he is also a good dead overs bowler so still i'll prefer riaz over sohail

----------

It's understandable that the ODI squad, that will play against New Zealand, is chosen.

I am expecting not much from Pakistan, but I didn't expect them to perform in the recent Twenty20 World Cups also.

Reaching semis will be a good achievement for pak as they are going from a re building process so we just have to win a match in the quarter finals

Lol pakistan former players dont have anything to do except criticizing.Iqbal Qasim says Yousuf doesnt deserve place in the team

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
If Yousuf decides to retire, they should give him a farewell ODI. That's the least thing they can do.

Pakistan will either score huge totals or make several collapses. Just hoping that other countries will be involved in those shock defeats against Associate countries.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
i think we always say our bowling is very good but without amir and watching akhtar's present form i feel we cant rely on our bowling too much as we do.So batsmen should also perform in order to win atleast the quarter final

i am hoping that we'll get Windies or England in quarters otherwise i'll be hard

So let me predict the positions in group matches that how will teams finish

Group A
1-Sri Lanka
2-Australia
3-Pakistan
4-New Zealand

Group B
1-India
2-South Africa
3-England
4-Windies

so according to this we'll face south Afica or let if Afica beats India then We'll face india wow tough matches coming ahead

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Well we have beaten south Africe twice in crunch T20 WC encounters so I won't mind us facing them in a quarterfinal kind of match. Yousaf had it coming tbh. He should have had the common sense to retire once he was dropped from Kiwi series. But thats Yousaf for you, plenty of talent but no common sense. I think this is the best team that could have been selected with exception of that little cheat Kamran Akmal.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I was listening to Rashid Latif last night on Geo Super, he was of the view that Yousuf should have been in the 15 member squad because suppose if we view the worst case and Pakistan's middle order collapses in a row, the people, the media and everyone will say that Yousuf should have been the part of team.

The guy is performing in domestic circuit. He scored 61 and 81 consecutively in two domestic matches. Further I feel that players like Yousuf doesn't need form in Paksitani domestic season to be a part of team, such players just need fitness. You induct Sachin Tendulkar because of his extremee level of fitness, not because of his domestic form.

But Overall, The squad is still pretty good and lets hope it perfoms well but I wonder what message PCB wants to give after not announcing the Captain for the World Cup. This decision will encourage politics in the dressing room. Tough Time for Shahid Afridi and Pakistan Cricket.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I was listening to Rashid Latif last night on Geo Super, he was of the view that Yousuf should have been in the 15 member squad because suppose if we view the worst case and Pakistan's middle order collapses in a row, the people, the media and everyone will say that Yousuf should have been the part of team.

The guy is performing in domestic circuit. He scored 61 and 81 consecutively in two domestic matches. Further I feel that players like Yousuf doesn't need form in Paksitani domestic season to be a part of team, such players just need fitness. You induct Sachin Tendulkar because of his extremee level of fitness, not because of his domestic form.

But Overall, The squad is still pretty good and lets hope it perfoms well but I wonder what message PCB wants to give after not announcing the Captain for the World Cup. This decision will encourage politics in the dressing room. Tough Time for Shahid Afridi and Pakistan Cricket.
The teams that Yousuf scored those runs against have pitiful bowling attacks, to say the least. It was like Quetta and some other small team

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Yup I know they have quite weak bowling attacks against which Yousuf Scored but He is a World Class player guys. I still believe that he could be very fruitful for Pakistan Team. Atleast he should be in the reserves but anyhow what has done has done. I am more concerned with Captaincy now.

You people know that Waqar Younas has been issued a "Show Cause Notice" for his remarks about PCB not annoucing Captain for World Cup. I am afriad what will happen now. Maybe Waqar will resign and that will cause more unstability.

Users who are viewing this thread