Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Vettori NEEDS to do something here, if we're going to have a chance of winning, he has to stand up.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't understand what the Pakistani batsmen are doing. There have been 5 maidens in a row. 108 runs is easier to get from 31 overs then now the remaining 26 overs.

6 maidens now.

The whole Test series is at stake at the moment and they are just waiting balls at the moment.

Brook

Club Captain
I don't understand what the Pakistani batsmen are doing. There have been 5 maidens in a row. 108 runs is easier to get from 31 overs then now the remaining 26 overs.

6 maidens now.

The whole Test series is at stake at the moment and they are just waiting balls at the moment.

A draw in the match and Pakistan win the series

ferg512

International Coach
Well, its not like it really matters they are up 1-0. And I dont think winning 2-0 will do much to their ranking.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Scoring 100+ in a session is never an easy task especially on the final day. Clearly Pakistan have given up winning this game, understandable considering how dodgy their batting is.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer

6 maidens now.

They don't want to take risks and rightly so. Lead series 1-0, haven't won a series in 4 years, so of coarse Pakistan first want to make sure they are safe then go for win if there enough wickets remaining.

Younis got out otherwise they were looking good.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
While I understand the caution being shown by our batsmen, I would have still liked them to be a little more aggressive. I think the cautions stems from the fact that we have not won any series for past 3-4 years :facepalm.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
if they go 3-4 runs per over now and then in the last 5 if they need to get around 50 runs and have the 6 wickets remaining, they can possibly go for a mad dash....

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Pakistan have 15 overs to survive, or chase these runs.

Hmm. I figure they COULD get this, but its difficult.

----------

if they go 3-4 runs per over now and then in the last 5 if they need to get around 50 runs and have the 6 wickets remaining, they can possibly go for a mad dash....
If Afridi was captain, we'd have won this by now :p

(or lost it)

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
While I understand the caution being shown by our batsmen, I would have still liked them to be a little more aggressive. I think the cautions stems from the fact that we have not won any series for past 3-4 years :facepalm.

Add to the fact that we have had several batting collapses in the past 3-4 years.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
No intent from Asad so far, so I'm gonna say draw.

----------

Add to the fact that we have had several batting collapses in the past 3-4 years.
Even we can't lose 6 wickets in 15 overs, can we?

----------

84 in 14 overs required.

Surely you gotta do something just in case NZ bowl real crap?

ferg512

International Coach
Its quite difficult for us to win test matches when our spinner cant turn the ball. Would have been interesting to see a guy like Nick Beard on this pitch. Its quite annoying with Vettori in the side because these other spinners will have to wait a few more years before they get a go. I wouldn't mind in the future for Vettori to bat 6, so we could bring a new spinner in though. Southee is a more than capable number 8.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I guess you could say at least they are doing a decent job of sticking to the plan of not losing. If not exciting, at least it is cricket that is self-justified and peaceful, as opposed to violent self-destruction.

The disciplined batting is important to long term goals and they do have a pretty long tail. When you're not winning and don't look like you could knuckle down for 5 days, the lack of winning is not so much hunger as despair. This way, they can carry away confidence that will make them believe they can sustain performances enough to win.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its quite difficult for us to win test matches when our spinner cant turn the ball. Would have been interesting to see a guy like Nick Beard on this pitch. Its quite annoying with Vettori in the side because these other spinners will have to wait a few more years before they get a go. I wouldn't mind in the future for Vettori to bat 6, so we could bring a new spinner in though. Southee is a more than capable number 8.

I don't think Southee's really suited at 8 at the moment. He's a good number 9, and would be even better if there was someone at 10 and 11 who could actually defend.

Users who are viewing this thread