Pakistan's tour of England - August/September - 3 Tests/3 T20Is

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Man...

I honestly believe Junaid Khan is a victim of favoritism. He's never afforded the chances that Amir has (or even Wahab), and despite that he's performed extraordinarily with what he's been given in both domestic and international cricket.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Amir has a much better record in England, i think
Maybe he has, I'll have to look at their stats, but you can't tell me Junaid has a worse record than Wahab. Wahab constantly gets given chances whereas Junaid doesn't, despite Junaid performing when the team was in disarray. I understand Wahab is preferred because of his pace, but surely that doesn't mean dropping a consistently performing player? EVERY Pakistani bowler got smashed in that England series before the World Cup, and Junaid was the only one dropped because of it.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Don't get me wrong, I believe that you are 100% percent correct. I was saying maybe that was the reason they are still looking at Amir. If I had my way, I would always consider Junaid over Amir

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Don't get me wrong, I believe that you are 100% percent correct. I was saying maybe that was the reason they are still looking at Amir. If I had my way, I would always consider Junaid over Amir
Amir averages 25 in tests in England. 22 in T20s.

Junaid hasn't played a test or T20i in England.

Sohail Khan (13) and Mohammad Abbas (10) took a lot of wickets in their two matches they both played over here. Yasir averages 40 but the Ageas Bowl can be good for spinners and there's two matches there.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I would even prefer the 2013-14 version of Junaid Khan over Rabada, Shaheen, Naseem, etc but definitely not 2016 and onwards version of him. In 2013-14 he was the best bowler in the world along with Steyn but since 2016 he was never the same. The injury really hurt his cause. He is currently just a mere shadow of his old exploits with the ball.

Also, I am not sure whether preferring these oldies over a much more exciting and promising young attack is a smart move. But yeah he should definitely be there ahead of Imran Khan.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Amir averages 25 in tests in England. 22 in T20s.

Junaid hasn't played a test or T20i in England.

Sohail Khan (13) and Mohammad Abbas (10) took a lot of wickets in their two matches they both played over here. Yasir averages 40 but the Ageas Bowl can be good for spinners and there's two matches there.

That's why I believe they're looking at Amir

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
That's why I believe they're looking at Amir
I think Waqar said today that the door is open. I expect they'd want a commitment from Amir for more than just a series. It'd be very short-sighted to bring him in for test matches with no expectation to stick around.

Of course, he probably isn't match fit. Think there's a practice match and if he isn't involved I'd be surprised if he was seriously considered.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I don't remember seeing his name in the practice squad. I very much doubt he'll play at all this series

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Amir isn’t playing Tests, definitely just T20Is.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Amir isn’t playing Tests, definitely just T20Is.
Not confirmed though. Saj Sadiq (most trustable and reliable Pakistani journalist) asked team management about this and they didn't confirm or deny anything.

His personal assessment was that Amir would most likely play the 2nd or 3rd Test as the 4th seamer (Ageas Bowl is more pace friendly too). This is the reason why he is being sent as soon as possible. He could have been sent with Shoaib Malik in early August, but PCB didn't do so. So this is a sign that he is in the Test team's plan. In my opinion, the 4th pacer's role should suit him as he wouldn't bowl as much as the main 3 pacers and he can be a handy #8.

If he doesn't make himself available for at least 1 Test then I am sorry, I would consider him 100% selfish.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do Pakistani fans really want Amir in though? He has a very good record in countries that are conducive to his style but I imagine that Afridi and Abbas will be locks with Shah being the most likely option as the third pacer due to his pace. The best option I believe would be to use him as a fourth pacer with the new ball (going without a spinner isn't a good strategy to me though unless it is a South African pitch under the Gibson era) or have him in place of Abbas for a game to rest the latter.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Do Pakistani fans really want Amir in though? He has a very good record in countries that are conducive to his style but I imagine that Afridi and Abbas will be locks with Shah being the most likely option as the third pacer due to his pace. The best option I believe would be to use him as a fourth pacer with the new ball (going without a spinner isn't a good strategy to me though unless it is a South African pitch under the Gibson era) or have him in place of Abbas for a game to rest the latter.
He has already retired from tests bruh.[DOUBLEPOST=1595523268][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not confirmed though. Saj Sadiq (most trustable and reliable Pakistani journalist) asked team management about this and they didn't confirm or deny anything.

/QUOTE]
Not sure where that his coming from. If he were the last journalist alive on Earth, I still wouldn't believe him.

Users who are viewing this thread