Pakistan's tour of England - August/September - 3 Tests/3 T20Is

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I think the West Indies got overly excited after winning the first match. They didn't capitalize on their success. It'll be interesting to see how Pakistan does in this series

It all fell apart for the Windies because they didn't use the squad. No players, bowlers in particular, can play that number of tests in such a short space of time.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really looking forward to seeing how Azam does this time. As Jarrod Kimber remarked, he might easily be the most improved test cricketer over the last two years.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Misbah has once again said that they might play 2 spinners at Old Trafford.

It is a thought-provoking idea really. It could be a masterstroke or end in shambles. Hopefully, it pans out positively

Thoughts on this, guys?

D

Dutch

It is a thought-provoking idea really. It could be a masterstroke or end in shambles. Hopefully, it pans out positively

Thoughts on this, guys?
Mmm Old Trafford is not a great place for spin, then again England don’t really face it too well. And again there is little rain and lots of sun expected so worth a gamble.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

Thoughts on this, guys?
It didn't work for West Indies. And I don't think Dom Bess bowled for an over for England.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

For the non-Urdu speakers, from 0:00 to 1:00 Shoaib Akhtar says that last night he had a phone call with both Azhar Ali and Misbah-Ul-Haq and it was 'hinted' to him that Pakistan will go with 2 spinners.

So this whole 2-spinner thing is probably already settled. They ARE going with 2 spinners IMO.[DOUBLEPOST=1596474843][/DOUBLEPOST]TBH, it should be Yasir, Shadab, Abbas, Naseem and Shaheen as our bowling department.

Shadab's an all-rounder so we'll only be playing 4 bowlers, and I don't think that's a 'long' tail. Especially for a Pakistani Test side. I would prefer Shadab over Faheem every day.

Users who are viewing this thread