Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Extremely happy for Zafar Gohar! I saw him for the first time during the 2014 U-19 World Cup and still remember his match-winning partnership in the semi-final for the 8th wicket with Amad Butt when Pakistan was reeling at 154/7. One could easily see the gritty and hard-working nature of his in first impressions.

He was ready to make his Test debut in 2015, but he overslept and missed the flight to UAE, meaning he never got that opportunity again, until today!

With Yasir Shah, Zafar Gohar, Sajid Khan, Fazal Mahmood and Nauman Ali, Pakistan's spin-bowling stocks look really solid.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Extremely happy for Zafar Gohar! I saw him for the first time during the 2014 U-19 World Cup and still remember his match-winning partnership in the semi-final for the 8th wicket with Amad Butt when Pakistan was reeling at 154/7. One could easily see the gritty and hard-working nature of his in first impressions.

He was ready to make his Test debut in 2015, but he overslept and missed the flight to UAE, meaning he never got that opportunity again, until today!

With Yasir Shah, Zafar Gohar, Sajid Khan, Fazal Mahmood and Nauman Ali, Pakistan's spin-bowling stocks look really solid.
He was unfairly dropped after just playing a couple ODIs in 2015. Deserved inclusion.
The 2014 U19 World Cup squad has produced quite a few international players. Kamran Ghulam should be the next, he’s piling up runs in domestic. Too bad Sami Aslam left, hope he reconsiders.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
He was unfairly dropped after just playing a couple ODIs in 2015. Deserved inclusion.
The 2014 U19 World Cup squad has produced quite a few international players. Kamran Ghulam should be the next, he’s piling up runs in domestic. Too bad Sami Aslam left, hope he reconsiders.
Hussain Talat was also in the squad but withdrawn due to injury.

Lots of talent flourishing from 2014 U-19 World Cup!

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I'd like to talk about Naseem Shah. I think the team management needs to carefully manage Naseem Shah. He already had a back and hip injury and it might happen again (which is bad). Expectations are held to high for him to deliver on international away games. It's not good to see a young player go through his own struggle as well as responsibility to deliver. Either way it's not good for Pakistan team as Naseem is using a bowler slot. Would've been great if they let him play at least a couple of seasons in domestic cricket before throwing him to the World stage.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hussain Talat was also in the squad but withdrawn due to injury.

Lots of talent flourishing from 2014 U-19 World Cup!

Hussain Talat is a beast as is Faheem Ashraf. They just need time and exposure which is like looking for a stream in a desert in Pakistan.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'd like to talk about Naseem Shah. I think the team management needs to carefully manage Naseem Shah. He already had a back and hip injury and it might happen again (which is bad). Expectations are held to high for him to deliver on international away games. It's not good to see a young player go through his own struggle as well as responsibility to deliver. Either way it's not good for Pakistan team as Naseem is using a bowler slot. Would've been great if they let him play at least a couple of seasons in domestic cricket before throwing him to the World stage.

The problem is that your bowling coach is still living in the 80's and thinks that putting a young tear away quick in the national side will make the opposition quake in their boots. Sadly for him, most top teams know how to play fast bowling and reverse swing is not greek anymore.

I have no issue with 19-20 year old's making their debut as long as they are ready. Test cricket has become very disciplined and fitness oriented in today's day and age which is why most Indian bowlers are not tear away quicks but they are accurate and can bowl all day in the same areas and channels. Naseem Shah is young and it is completely understandable that he is taking time. Ishant Sharma has taken 5-6 years to learn FFS.

I'm amazed that such an immature person who is a renowned failure is again in charge. Just amazing some of the things that happen in our neck of the woods.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The problem is that your bowling coach is still living in the 80's and thinks that putting a young tear away quick in the national side will make the opposition quake in their boots. Sadly for him, most top teams know how to play fast bowling and reverse swing is not greek anymore.

I have no issue with 19-20 year old's making their debut as long as they are ready. Test cricket has become very disciplined and fitness oriented in today's day and age which is why most Indian bowlers are not tear away quicks but they are accurate and can bowl all day in the same areas and channels. Naseem Shah is young and it is completely understandable that he is taking time. Ishant Sharma has taken 5-6 years to learn FFS.

I'm amazed that such an immature person who is a renowned failure is again in charge. Just amazing some of the things that happen in our neck of the woods.
Naseem was selected before Waqar Younis was brought back as a bowling coach. But I do agree with you. Only in Pakistan you can see a proven failure given the role three times.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Naseem was selected before Waqar Younis was brought back as a bowling coach. But I do agree with you. Only in Pakistan you can see a proven failure given the role three times.

But he's being persisted under his eye. I'm amazed at Abbas' lack of success. I thought he would eat batsmen alive in England and NZ.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Naseem has been utterly toothless, and lost pace. Shouldn’t play against South Africa.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Another test match lost to the bowling I feel for Pakistan and some vCash for me.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Naseem has been utterly toothless, and lost pace. Shouldn’t play against South Africa.

Very unfair on the young kid. I don't know how he's playing for the national team? Basis for it?

Selection in India is bad but we don't play Nagarkoti and Mavi on hype. Definitely not with the red ball. Could understand if he was picked for white ball if he was exceptionally talented. Bumrah was groomed for a year before he got the red ball and we Indians still felt he was a white ball bowler.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Very unfair on the young kid. I don't know how he's playing for the national team? Basis for it?
BD59C9EE-C3CD-4B79-88DE-3BDDE6A1BC69.jpeg

There’s no doubt he was selected on merit. But his performance in England and New Zealand hasn’t been that good. Always released the pressure after Abbas and Shaheen's excellent job with the new ball. Maybe they’ll give him another series, as the FC season is already over, and there’s no "domestic" he can go back to till next year.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
View attachment 241623

There’s no doubt he was selected on merit. But his performance in England and New Zealand hasn’t been that good. Always released the pressure after Abbas and Shaheen's excellent job with the new ball. Maybe they’ll give him another series, as the FC season is already over, and there’s no "domestic" he can go back to till next year.
Currently, Hassan Ali is the only competitor for Naseem and maybe Ehsan Adil to some extent.

Such a pity that Shahnawaz Dhani hasn't played first-class for 4-5 seasons otherwise he would've been an ideal pacer for Pakistan. He's tall, accurate and quick.

These 2-3 years are going to be tough for Pakistan's fast-bowling as there are only oldies or rookies in the system. But, after these 2-3 more FC seasons, all these pacers would have gotten a good experience.

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
These 2-3 years are going to be tough for Pakistan's fast-bowling as there are only oldies or rookies in the system. But, after this 2-3 more FC seasons, all these pacers would have gotten good experience.
Yeah, the new system could pay dividends in a couple more years.

Users who are viewing this thread