Pakistan's Tour of New Zealand - 2020/21

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Naseem Shah has bowled 18 no balls in 3 innings in the series; twice as many as New Zealand (Wagner had 6 of them).[DOUBLEPOST=1609824699][/DOUBLEPOST]
i thought it was a decent score... didn't know our fielding would completely let us down.... again... as usual.... sigh.....
They've put them out of their misery now.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I've said it before, but I don't think Naseem Shah is ready for the international level. He should be in domestic level for at least another 2-3 years, and hopefully be able to play first class cricket in England or Australia before even thinking about coming back to the international level

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is so embarrassing for Pakistan, I feel we are just wasting New Zealand time.
Our Batting has been rubbish for a while now so we need depend on our bowling but that is rubbish as well now.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I've said it before, but I don't think Naseem Shah is ready for the international level. He should be in domestic level for at least another 2-3 years, and hopefully be able to play first class cricket in England or Australia before even thinking about coming back to the international level
to be honest its not just Naseem Shah that is poor but our whole team sucks, our opening batsman is Shan Masood whos average is 30 in 45 innings in test lol, who just got out for a duck after 25 balls lol.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
we need depend on our bowling but that is rubbish as well now.
That’s harsh. The fielding was rubbish, which was the main reason for this huge total. Bowlers would’ve restricted them to 400 maximum if the catches weren’t dropped. Abbas and Shaheen bowled well. Naseem needs a break, and Zafar had a tough debut.
Apart from that, batting on a Day 1 pitch gave the illusion that the track would be pacer friendly throughout, but it has flattened out. Williamson is also New Zealand's greatest batsman, and Nicholls has averaged close to 50 in the last 2 years.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
That’s harsh. The fielding was rubbish, which was the main reason for this huge total. Bowlers would’ve restricted them to 400 maximum if the catches weren’t dropped. Abbas and Shaheen bowled well. Naseem needs a break, and Zafar had a tough debut.
Apart from that, batting on a Day 1 pitch gave gave the illusion that the track would be pacer friendly throughout, but it has flattened out. Williamson is also New Zealand's greatest batsman, and Nicholls has averaged close to 50 in the last 2 years.
NZ are expertly set up for their home conditions. There's only India that has been better at home over the last few years.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Apart from that, batting on a Day 1 pitch gave gave the illusion that the track would be pacer friendly throughout, but it has flattened out. Williamson is also New Zealand's greatest batsman, and Nicholls has averaged close to 50 in the last 2 years.
Well to be honest I am not surprised lol, fielding has always been poor by Pakistan, Pakistan really need to take their fielding serious now has other International teams has improve so much.
I am just annoyed with Pakistan performances lately, Need to get our batting and fielding in order.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
NZ are expertly set up for their home conditions. There's only India that has been better at home over the last few years.
New Zealand are expertly set up for pretty much any conditions really. Give it a year or so and they'll probably be looking at a player pool something like this:

:nzf: :bat: Tom Latham
:nzf: :bat: Devon Conway
:nzf: :bat: Kane Williamson
:nzf: :bat: Ross Taylor
:nzf: :bat: Henry Nicholls
:nzf: :wk: BJ Watling
:nzf: :ar: Mitchell Santner
:nzf: :bwl: Trent Boult
:nzf: :bwl: Tim Southee
:nzf: :bwl: Neil Wagner
:nzf: :bwl: Kyle Jamieson

:nzf: :wk: Tom Blundell
:nzf: :ar: Colin de Grandhomme
:nzf: :ar: Daryl Mitchell
:nzf: :ar: Jimmy Neesham
:nzf: :ar: Dean Foxcroft

For starters, that's arguably the best four-man pace battery this century. I'd be tempted to play them all even if you were in some very spin-friendly conditions. As for Blundell, I like him but I just can't help thinking Conway is twice the player and would be up for opening

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Pak media out in full force. I don't get the big deal? Pakistan have played reasonably well. NZ are just too good back home and a better side. Plus we drop so many catches!

One thing I love about the Pak media is that "I have a lot of respect for him, he's like my older/younger brother" and then it's all hellfire & brimstone.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pak media out in full force. I don't get the big deal? Pakistan have played reasonably well. NZ are just too good back home and a better side. Plus we drop so many catches!
Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread