Pakistan's tour of New Zealand - Jan 2018

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
One of the worst bowler ever Grandhommee played a champions knock with the bat. Well played newzeland. It was just too good. Pakistn on the other hand needs to drop immediately Aamir, Hasan Ali (to taste him some dance), Malik and Rumman right away. Get a proper opener alongside Fakhar Zaman, Sarfraz needs to bat up at No. 4 as well as Haris needs to reduce his weight. The biggest change at this stage should be dropping aamir for sometime to make him realize where he is going wrong to be such a genuine wicketless bowler for two years now, Hasan for a couple of matches to make him understand that He needs a lot to reach to the level of Waqar Younis as its a long way to go and Malik.. well drop him forever

Last edited:

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
One of the worsr bowler ever Grandhommee played a champions knock with the bat. Well played newzeland. It was just too good. Pakistn on the other hand needs to drop immediately Aamir, Hasan Ali (to taste him some dance), Malik and Rumman right away. Get a proper opener alongside Fakhar Zaman, Sarfraz needs to bat up at No. 4 as well as Haris needs to reduce his weight. The biggest change at this stage should be dropping aamir for sometime to make him realize where he is going wrong to be such a genuine wicketless bowler for two years now, Hasan for a couple of matches to make him understand that He needs a lot to reach to the level of Waqar Younis as its a long way to go and Malik.. well drop him forever

Did you feel happy when Pakistan won ICC CT2017?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I am surprised to see people here are going after Hasan Ali who I suppose is the number 1 bowler in ODI's? Also I agree Sarfaraz is batting too low. Its as if he is playing safe, if he plays good he is praised if he does not he is not blamed seeing the position he plays.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After picking Rohit and Kohli, I barely saw Amir picking a wicket. :lol

B

Bigby Wolf

Amir played county cricket for Essex for good 2-3 months straight after the CT 2017 and had a decent outing its really a surprise to see him not picking wickets in conditions such as NZ.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Amir played county cricket for Essex for good 2-3 months straight after the CT 2017 and had a decent outing its really a surprise to see him not picking wickets in conditions such as NZ.
He is good in swinging conditions in Tests and in T20s, where he is good at bowling dots. But in ODIs and Tests on flat pitches needs to improve big time.
After picking Rohit and Kohli, I barely saw Amir picking a wicket. :lol
Don't forget Dhawan. :p
Even if he doesn't pick one more wicket in international cricket, that performance will always be memorable :D

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Did you feel happy when Pakistan won ICC CT2017?

If you were around that time you could see the happiness and comments. When the team is making blunders criticism will come. Selecting in the final elevens shouldnt be a safe entry for anyone be it aamir, hasan ali or anyone. In my view, sarfraz banks heavily on certain players.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If you were around that time you could see the happiness and comments. When the team is making blunders criticism will come. Selecting in the final elevens shouldnt be a safe entry for anyone be it aamir, hasan ali or anyone. In my view, sarfraz banks heavily on certain players.
Every captain banks heavily on his best players. I think you're being way too harsh. It's ok to criticise after a loss, but it's better not to exaggerate. Hasan and Babar were disappointing yes, but no captain on Earth would drop them right now. Agreed, Rumman looks like a T20 bowler only, but he's in the team only because Junaid and Shinwari are injured.
Just remember that NZ aren't a bad side at home, in fact, it's quite the opposite. The last time India toured, they lost 4-0 in the ODIs. NZ have lost just two ODI series at home in the past 5 years, both against South Africa.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Every captain banks heavily on his best players. I think you're being way too harsh. It's ok to criticise after a loss, but it's better not to exaggerate. Hasan and Babar were disappointing yes, but no captain on Earth would drop them right now. Agreed, Rumman looks like a T20 bowler only, but he's in the team only because Junaid and Shinwari are injured.
Just remember that NZ aren't a bad side at home, in fact, it's quite the opposite. The last time India toured, they lost 4-0 in the ODIs. NZ have lost just two ODI series at home in the past 5 years, both against South Africa.

True that a leader banks heavily on his best players what I didnt like is when you expect to get a fixed place in the team in every game no matter when you are performing so bad. I said to drop hasan ali for one or two matches to make him more focused, but aamir should be dropped from an entire series or bench him for more matches because of his bad performance rather than fitness. Aamir is very good in big tournament matches but on a general level he is unable to get wickets.. still going way off crease and unable to swing the ball before, while media and ppl started chanting for Hasan Ali as next Waqar Younis. We should be easy on this thing as well and give the guy more time to see how it goes. All I m asking is to make a good combination based on performance rather than friendships and senority. I would love to drop aamir and rumman when junaid and shinware will be back. Aamir is certainly our asset but he should realize to get back his form sooner than later...

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
True that a leader banks heavily on his best players what I didnt like is when you expect to get a fixed place in the team in every game no matter when you are performing so bad. I saod to drop hasan ali for one or two matches to make him more focused, but aamir should be dropped from an entire series or bench him for more matches because of his bad performance rather than fitness. Aamir is very good in big tournament matches but on a general level he is unable to get wickets.. still going way off crease and unable to swing the ball before, while media and ppl started chanting for Hasan Ali as next Waqar Younis. We should be easy on this thing as well and give the guy more time to see how it goes. All I m asking is to make a good combination based on performance rather than friendships and senority. I would love yo drop aamir and rumman when junaid and shinware will be back. Aamir is certainly our asset but he should realize to get back his form sooner than later...
Agree with Amir, but Hasan should be given a chance. He's one of the best in the world, there's no doubt about that.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Talking more on the match, Sarfraz looked to me quite panic even when 50 runs were required by NZ, though grandhomme took the game away but Sarfraz as captain must have kept the team gelled and should have strategized better, rather than, He was looking like opps another match is gone from our hands. Its not a too worry sign though every captain learns and these hard lessons should make sarfraz better thinker on the field than before

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ross Taylor and Tom Latham will do everything tomorrow to get an IPL11CONTACT ;)

Pakistan need to focus on middle order combination for next overseas tours.

Sorry..My prediction 5-0.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Agree with Amir, but Hasan should be given a chance. He's one of the best in the world, there's no doubt about that.

Hasan Ali has been my favorite as well, It felt so bad when he looked quite ordinary in these matches. I didnt see the CT fire in him in this series to be honest. Maybe the T20 leagues impact players a lot. Thats a different topic for some other time however.[DOUBLEPOST=1516191189][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ross Taylor and Tom Latham will do everything tomorrow to get an IPL11CONTACT ;)

Pakistan need to focus on middle order combination for next overseas tours.

Sorry..My prediction 5-0.

Haha and this thing may out focus them eventually making enough room for us to win the last encounter. I m hopeful for a win in the last match, we woke up a bit late but there is still T20 series left :)

Users who are viewing this thread