Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi Everyone,

We just put live another update to the PS4 version of Ashes Cricket, this resolves the issues with the previous 1.04 update with dismissals not being registered correctly.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and reports of the issue.

This update contains everything that was included in the 1.04 update, so those notes again are as follows:

- Additional photogrammetry for English players
- Added static camera options
- Adjusted crease positioning to spinners
- Adjusted non-striker reactions
- Adjusted display time of ball marker online
- Adjusted timing of return to crease after shots
- Restructured statistics calculations
- Rectification of various anomalies

Thanks again, and apologies for the issues with the previous update.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wow! If self publishing the game gets you access to quicker updates and patches going live, I would love to see BA self publish the games forever.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Wow! If self publishing the game gets you access to quicker updates and patches going live, I would love to see BA self publish the games forever.
it amazing the work their doing f true blue haha sorry for language

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Pretty sure self-publishing has nothing to do with the approval times - seems like Sony have got better and quicker at approvals, just like Apple have, for their AppStore Apps/Games!

Irrespectively, top job on getting the patch out so soon!

Last edited:

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My game is broken.

I was so happy to buy this.

I downloaded all the sweet kits and bats here by the great creators.

I have it on easy and I am getting run by the AI.

I cannot fast bowl safely at all. The AI just bashes 4’s and 6’s all day.

My main issue is since the patch after I choose delivery when I press the button for length 40% of the time it registers as 2 button presses so it makes the next bowl choice an immediate press. It makes me toss wides or simple 6 bash balls because I am so far off ideal.

That is a huge headache because I never know when it is going to bite me and cause a poor bowl.

When batting it’s like I have no power anymore. I can go against the machine and bat well and have great timing. The AI runs up and bowls me something juicy and a well timed aggressive shot flies softly to a fielder.

Being the AI must be great, they have all the breaks.

I practiced bowling and never had an issue with the button counting as two presses, I even got good at nailing the stumps by rolling the L stick with precise timing with my button presses and was like oh I get this.

Go into a T20 and it’s a shambles.

It is like my controller does not work in the match.

I have tried 3 different ps4 controllers and it’s the same issue with all of them.

I am on a ps4 pro with standard sony controllers and playing Ashes with the latest patch (Not with the latest patch, just came out of the game and I am now updating)

If this issue I listed above is resolved I will delete this post

Last edited:

Pat

International Coach
My main issue is since the patch after I choose delivery when I press the button for length 40% of the time it registers as 2 button presses so it makes the next bowl choice an immediate press. It makes me toss wides or simple 6 bash balls because I am so far off ideal.

I have the same issue on standard controls. I can only advise you to switch to classic controls till this is fixed.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Curious to know which fix created the issue of dismissal not being recorded correctly.

Its ok if it cannot be disclosed. Just asking out of curiosity.

Alberts

International Coach
Curious to know which fix created the issue of dismissal not being recorded correctly.

Its ok if it cannot be disclosed. Just asking out of curiosity.

It's in the first line of the post.

I'm curious to know what the situation with leaving is. I'd love to pad up on occasion to spinners, but I don't seem to have the option.

Loving how quick BigAnt are with all this. Absolute superstars.

atimlin

Club Cricketer
Pretty sure self-publishing has nothing to do with the approval times - seems like Sony have got better and quicker at approvals, just like Apple have, for their AppStore Apps/Games!

I remember for DBC17 Ross talked about weeks of approvals for patches. This is two in two days. Fantastic! I wonder why the big difference.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Apple and quick approval? Lol you must be kidding right? Google has the quickest approval time much faster then apple.

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have the same issue on standard controls. I can only advise you to switch to classic controls till this is fixed.

Hey quick question, first, thanks for the reply and now that helps.

Second, do you have this 1.05 patch?

Mine is almost downloaded. Wondering if this is a T20 bowling issue because I played a 5 over pre this latest patch and my bowling did not have the double press issue.

D

Deleted member 185125

@MattW . Is the are any performance fix included? Noticed frame rate issues in the base PS4 with 1.04.

Pat

International Coach
Apple and quick approval? Lol you must be kidding right? Google has the quickest approval time much faster then apple.

As a matter of fact, Google does not have any approval process at all. And yes, Apple and quick approval - I say this from experience. The updates now get approved in 24 to 48 hours typically compared to a week or more previously!

Users who are viewing this thread