Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Earlier today, I looked at the field, big gaps at extra cover and mid wicket. I favour the off side so my thought process was get ready for the drive...

Short ball on middle and off and I had time to pull it for 6 - it was a 90mph ball.

Had it been full on off I'd have driven it - would you call that premeditation?

Jay OTT

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Earlier today, I looked at the field, big gaps at extra cover and mid wicket. I favour the off side so my thought process was get ready for the drive...

Short ball on middle and off and I had time to pull it for 6 - it was a 90mph ball.

Had it been full on off I'd have driven it - would you call that premeditation?
No, I'd call that superhuman reflexes. Unless the timing windows are later on the PC than they are on the PS3, I am surprised that anyone could change the shot they are planning to offer so quickly after the ball leaves the hand.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No, I'd call that superhuman reflexes. Unless the timing windows are later on the PC than they are on the PS3, I am surprised that anyone could change the shot they are planning to offer so quickly after the ball leaves the hand.
Difference is not planning, it's looking to play if it's on...

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The game is a lot smoother compared to PS3 but yes you can play the shots on the balls credit, its difficult but you can....

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There are 3 things which is to look up while Batting and making shots

1- Length of the ball . Short , medium or full (Ball Color shows that)

2- Ball pitching side off side or leg side .

3- Speed of Ball

, In current scenario we have to judge all 3 things at same time that's why we many times tried shot for leg side but ball comes off side.

Solution : If Length color comes little early while throwing from bowler end then we can change our shots in run time like in real game

Alberts

International Coach
There are 3 things which is to look up while Batting and making shots

1- Length of the ball . Short , medium or full (Ball Color shows that)

2- Ball pitching side off side or leg side .

3- Speed of Ball

, In current scenario we have to judge all 3 things at same time that's why we many times tried shot for leg side but ball comes off side.

Solution : If Length color comes little early while throwing from bowler end then we can change our shots in run time like in real game

I oddly agree. One thing lost in playing a game like this that isn't in real life is the ability to read the length ever so slightly earlier. Depth perception is well and truly lost for the game, so maybe at least having such an option would be useful for some.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I oddly agree. One thing lost in playing a game like this that isn't in real life is the ability to read the length ever so slightly earlier. Depth perception is well and truly lost for the game, so maybe at least having such an option would be useful for some.

the ball markers are a great solution to the depth perception issue, but being available earlier wouldn't hurt for sure. I think having the earliness or lateness of the availability of the marker dependent on the batsman's ability, particularly if this affected AI too, would be great.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've been away from the game for ages - was there ever any indication of Track IR facility making it into the patch at all?

Basil Fawlty

School Cricketer
Hello

I think rather than adding any new additions or features to the game in the patch I think the team should try and fix all the issues that I have posted like more different realistic grounds, better commentary and a fix to the DRS issues experienced.

Also I believe they should take a look and see what they can do with all the other issues mentioned within these forums.

By the way does anyone know if as a PS3 player (downloaded from the play store) if we will also be able to get the updates and if so when and how do we install them.

With console games being so expensive (around £40-£50 in the UK) I would rather not have to wait and pay for a new release of the game if and when it is released on the PS3.

Basil

Users who are viewing this thread