Patch changelist

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I thought everyone might be interested in how the patch is coming along - so here is the latest changelist. I've got a list of all the issues you've reported so far and we're working through them slowly but surely so don't panic if you see a bug that you've reported that isn't already fixed.

Release date of the patch is not yet available.

Cricket Coach 2007 Version 2.01 Changelist
==========================================

** This patch is incompatible with save games from previous versions **

Crashes
=======

* Fixed crash bug when alt+tabbing in full screen on match view screen
* Fixed rare crash bug when reloading at the beginning of an innings and a catch was taken on the first ball

Match Engine
============

* Increased probability of a team winning the toss electing to bat first
* Added code to ensure you can't be bowled from a wide ball
* Fixed bug where ground pitch conditions were being reset to incorrect values if a player resigned and hadn't tailored pitch (contributing to very high scores)
* Lessened effect very hot weather has on ball quality
* Fixed rare bug where saving the game before a ball has been bowled in an innings resulted in every following ball being a dot ball

Gameplay
========

* Allowed the replacement of injured overseas players, as ECB rulings now indicate this is allowed
* Fixed bug where overseas replacements weren't possible if you had two or more overseas players already
* Fixed potential crash bug where overseas player being replaced wasn't correctly set
* Lessened the extreme to which you can tailor a pitch
* Increased checks to ensure pitch bounce/turn cannot be out of range
* Added code to jump straight in to the southern hemisphere season if we are starting with a southern hemisphere team
* Made it less likely for players to be rested by the CPU when centrally contracted
* Fixed bug where scrolling the central contracts list didn't effect which players' instructions were altered by contracts menu
* Fixed issue with news item string where a match report headline was reported as "67* for Yorkshire in Yorkshire victory over Lancashire"
* Added support for jpg team logos

Data
====

* Updated English Regional Trophy playing conditions
* Updated English 40 Overs playing conditions
* Fixed bug where Australian Twenty overs playing conditions were incorrect
* Fixed bug where Bangladeshi One day playing conditions were incorrect
* Fixed bug where non-Pakistani grounds were used for Pakistan's international matches

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haven't played the game yet, but regardless this is really good service. If only Ea/Codies etc could follow this lead...........

Edit - stickied this thread for now

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Glenn, sounds fantastic and the reason why id take CC over any ICC game!

:D Glad the replacement thing is sorted, as its something which CC has intoduced which ICC doesnt have :)

ross_ntu

School Cricketer
Hi Glenn

Thanks for being so quick with this. Will the pitch attributes being out of range fix also fix the problem with unrealistic scores? At the moment I am hesitating to buy the game, as in the demo the runs seemed to flow too easily, with too many fours seemingly. I managed to score 1137 for 6 with Yorkshire in 2 days, and the team I was playing (Sussex I think) scored over 600 runs themselves yet still got beaten. Younis Khan broke the first class individual score and so did Yorkshire. While Yorkshire are great :hpraise I think this is slightly too easy, especially as someone else on this forum has also had a batsman break the first class record, so it wasn't just beginners luck on my part. As I mentioned in the impressions thread, there seem to be too many overs in a days play at county level (international is fine).

I know this is not a huge deal in someways, but to me it is, as it has to feel right- if the batsman scores a lot I have to feel like he earned it, otherwise following my team means nothing, as their achievements mean nothing.

Thanks

Ross

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
We're fairly sure that the issue with runs coming too easily is down to the pitch conditions issue. To help us out it would be great if people could note down the conditions of the pitch when they manage to score these massive totals.

rabeta

News Team Member
Thanks you very much for taking such an interest in the game, this is a major positive of Cricket Coach. One thing I found though, is that too often player get out caught in-front of the wicket such as at mid-on. I had about four dismissals straight to min-on in one game. It is similar with positions like point as well. I think it would be more realistic for there to be more lbw's, bowled, and catches by both the keeper and the slips.

Thanks again for taking such an interest.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Possibly run outs should be added to the game as well?

So far, I haven't had a single run out, in an ODI, or a test match

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Glenn Stiemens said:
* Added code to jump straight in to the southern hemisphere season if we are starting with a southern hemisphere team
:hpraise:hpraise

I've said it before and I'll say it again, caring about your customers pays. If I was unable to decide whether to get ICC 3 or CC 07, it would definitely go your way because I know that any bugs will actually be fixed. Great work!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
The Southern Hemisphere thing is a good idea as it did take a long time to process when I started a Victorian career but does this mean that there will be a 6 or so month gap in statistics?

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
At the moment yes - but to ensure all the fixes are present it'll be best to start a new game with the patch.

lancashire666

International Coach
great, the southern hemisphere addition is going to be pretty useful as well as england contracted players being rested so much, still not had flitoff play for lanc and most of the way through my first season.

ive also got a slite problem with the database which ive started a thread on

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34918

any help with this would be great

Freddie2007

School Cricketer
Can you also make it easier to bowl out the tail, so you don't get things like Franks and Swann batting out two whole sessions to save a County Championship game, I know they are both capable batsmen, but the equivalent of two lower-order batsmen doing that is like Liam Plunkett and Steve Harmison batting out two sessions to save a Test match, they are probably both capable of scoring half-centuries, but the chances of them both doing it to save a test match in real life are probably one in a million.

Users who are viewing this thread