Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My first hundred after the patch on medium difficulty.

2z4ZgvT.jpg

Only 10 boundaries in the innings and not a single six, batting is a lot harder but I like it.

karanmadan

Club Cricketer
Not sure of anyone has experienced any of the following. Some bizarre scenarios seem to be happening with the new patch.

I've had to appeal for catches to gully, point, slip. If I don't appeal, the batsman just continues batting.

Towards the last 2 overs of me batting in a t20 game, the AI got a bunch of no balls called on them for height. There were 5 of these and they were all good length or full deliveries.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Not sure of anyone has experienced any of the following. Some bizarre scenarios seem to be happening with the new patch.

I've had to appeal for catches to gully, point, slip. If I don't appeal, the batsman just continues batting.

Towards the last 2 overs of me batting in a t20 game, the AI got a bunch of no balls called on them for height. There were 5 of these and they were all good length or full deliveries.
If you are on PC and if you are talking about latest public preview patch, then please post it on public preview thread. If not, please ignore my message.

D

Deleted member 185125

If this is about console patch, I had a few no balls for height whenever the ball was hit high to the fine leg region. But it is very rare and only had one instance I was given not out even though it was a legal delivery. Happens on aa Ful or good length delivery and mostly of spinners. I remember similar bug in DBC17 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Hi @MattW

I am currently on console patch and After playing some good amount of matches, this is what my understanding about lofted shots in limited overs for Human Batting. Please refer the below image.

Untitdddsewled.jpg

Blue Areas:
On the current console patch, the areas marked in Blue(both off side and leg side) are working fine if the input timing is given correctly (except the prod shots on the offside).
Ideal shots are going for sixers
Good Timing shots are going over the inner circle field and going to fours if its played in the gap.
Ok and Early timing shots are Riskier - some times getting out and sometimes falling between inner and outer field.

Red Area:
These seems to be not working as expected.
Ideal shots are going over the inner circle field and going to fours and very rarely for sixers.
Good timing shots are getting caught most of the times by inner circle fielders by running back.
Okay and early timing shots are getting caught in the inner circle.

Yellow Area is also working similarly like Red area but bit easier than that.

So, if incase the overall lofted shot timing is made bit easy, then the Red area will work fine but Blue areas will become very easy.

So, i hope somehow the red areas needs to be make work like Blue areas in current console patch without impacting the blue areas.
if this can be achieved, then I hope the lofted shots issue in limited overs will be resolved.

This is just my opinion and i hope it will atleast add 1% for the good of the game. Please ignore in case if you are already aware of this and working on it.

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi @MattW

I am currently on console patch and After playing some good amount of matches, this is what my understanding about lofted shots in limited overs for Human Batting. Please refer the below image.

View attachment 209562

Blue Areas:
On the current console patch, the areas marked in Blue(both off side and leg side) are working fine if the input timing is given correctly (except the prod shots on the offside).
Good Timing shots are going over the inner circle field and going to fours if its played in the gap.
Ok and Early timing shots are Riskier - some times getting out and sometimes falling between inner and outer field.

Red Area:
Ideal shots are going over the inner circle field and going to fours and very rarely for sixers.
Good timing shots are getting caught most of the times by inner circle fielders by running back.

So, if incase the overall lofted shot timing is made bit easy, then the Red area will work fine but Blue areas will become very easy.

So, i hope somehow the red areas needs to be make work like Blue areas in current console patch without impacting the blue areas.
if this can be achieved, then I hope the lofted shots issue in limited overs will be resolved.

This is just my opinion and i hope it will atleast add 1% for the good of the game. Please ignore in case if you are already aware of this and working on it.
Is this on hard or hardest?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Hi @MattW

View attachment 209562

Blue Areas:

Red Area:

Super post

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Hi @MattW

View attachment 209562

Blue Areas:

Red Area:

I'm guessing you're mainly talking about front-foot here? In my experience back-foot lofted shots anywhere but square/behind square on the leg side (so pull/hook shot) are incredibly weak.

D

Deleted member 185125

Hard with batsman skills around 70.
Also its on any difficulty, the blue areas are working well compared to Red areas.
I was able to hit in the red region as well. Anything pitched up Yorker length are 90% risk free. Full length if timed well travles as well.
Blue areas, if the down the leg and wide of off stump are also pretty safe hitting. Only when the ball comes in from the off is when the prod shot kicks in.
Haven't tried any lofted shots in the yellow region yet.

I mostly play T20 and on Hard. I play IPL matches and mostly as RCB.Ah and I sometime have even hit six off the first ball. Overall Im pretty with hard difficulty in T20, apart from the nerfed shots.

Zidane12345

School Cricketer
Guys I have hit 6sixes in an over after the new patch ..... Secret is you can hit anywhere in the ground for six while using advanced shots (ground loft) both... Everytime time you hit it is ideal.... Btw sweep nd reverse sweeps also goes for six 90%...p.s I am playing on console :wave

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi @MattW

View attachment 209562

Blue Areas:

Red Area:

Very Well Put , the Blue areas have allways been slightly overpowered in this game vs the Red.

Another obvious big problem is that vast area behind Point , which is not accesible currently .

USA

County Cricketer
The patch has been great. This is the most I have enjoyed batting on any of the BA cricket games so far. I am enjoying so much that I actually played a full 5 test series. I am not as serious a gamer as some of the others on this forum. I have started numerous 5 test series in the past, but have lost interest 1-2-3 tests in. But this new patch has me playing the full 5 tests.

So kudos to BA team for the patch and the one that is forthcoming to the consoles. I should also give a shout out to the @Llewelynf , @wasteyouryouth and others who have spent their personal time and created content in academy to make the game more realistic. Thanks.

I play the game on Xbox One X. So the graphics are excellent. Combine this with the realistic game play and the academy creations makes for a very enjoyable experience.

Things I cannot figure out yet - How to duck on a bouncer, and six hitting with the new patch. I have only been able to hit one six in 5 tests. The two-three other times I have attempted, holed out to mid-off or mid-on. So I have put away the slog/shot and do not play it all.

zayno

Club Captain
The patch has been great. This is the most I have enjoyed batting on any of the BA cricket games so far. I am enjoying so much that I actually played a full 5 test series. I am not as serious a gamer as some of the others on this forum. I have started numerous 5 test series in the past, but have lost interest 1-2-3 tests in. But this new patch has me playing the full 5 tests.

So kudos to BA team for the patch and the one that is forthcoming to the consoles. I should also give a shout out to the @Llewelynf , @wasteyouryouth and others who have spent their personal time and created content in academy to make the game more realistic. Thanks.

I play the game on Xbox One X. So the graphics are excellent. Combine this with the realistic game play and the academy creations makes for a very enjoyable experience.

Things I cannot figure out yet - How to duck on a bouncer, and six hitting with the new patch. I have only been able to hit one six in 5 tests. The two-three other times I have attempted, holed out to mid-off or mid-on. So I have put away the slog/shot and do not play it all.
Is the frame rate smooth in night matches on xbox one x ? it is choppy on xbox one s in night games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread