Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its unfortunately a known issue that has to do with animations i believe rather than physics......so it is a genuine edge but the game registers the bat in the wrong place or something...it only really shows up in slo-mo and it is not the game cheating as I have understood it.

It’s actually not an edge I have middled it... it’s a proper shot.
This happened twice after 1.08 with in span of 2-3 overs , why suddenly not sure.

D

Dutch

It’s actually not an edge I have middled it... it’s a proper shot.
This happened twice after 1.08 with in span of 2-3 overs , why suddenly not sure.
Mmm you think you have middle it but as i said the game is saying that in terms of physics you edged it and in terms of animation the bats in the wrong place......that is at least what i have understood to be going on.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
^^^ correct, afaik. The physics engine worked out that he edged the ball but the graphics engine messed up drawing it.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Mmm you think you have middle it but as i said the game is saying that in terms of physics you edged it and in terms of animation the bats in the wrong place......that is at least what i have understood to be going on.
May be you are correct but my concern is why suddenly happening , before it was ok , I am not sure about others atleast I dint observe this in 1.06 or 1.07.
I might have played more than 100 matches.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Can you tell the shot direction you pressed, was it the prod shot ?
LS pointing straight and RS pointing to covers that’s it. This was played only using LS & RS[DOUBLEPOST=1525273111][/DOUBLEPOST]We can ignore and leave it as two of case...let’s c till now again it dint happen.Cheers!

D

Deleted member 185125

I noticed a few fixes in the new patch:
  • Batsman return to crease after cancelling a run has improved.
  • Six hitting/lofted shot timing window has been slightly increased.
And as mentioned in the patch notes, swing issue fixed and now the swing and seam feels much better.

Thanks @BigAntStudios and @MattW for getting the patch over to consoles in such a quick time.

Now let me get back to batting in hardest.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
May be you are correct but my concern is why suddenly happening , before it was ok , I am not sure about others atleast I dint observe this in 1.06 or 1.07.
I might have played more than 100 matches.
Honestly it used to happen pre patch and still happens post patch 1.0.0.9. I guess u were just lucky it dint happen pre patch. I dont expect it to be sorted in this game but i sincerely hope it is sorted in the next iteration.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I noticed a few fixes in the new patch:
  • Batsman return to crease after cancelling a run has improved.
  • Six hitting/lofted shot timing window has been slightly increased.
And as mentioned in the patch notes, swing issue fixed and now the swing and seam feels much better.

Thanks @BigAntStudios and @MattW for getting the patch over to consoles in such a quick time.

Now let me get back to batting in hardest.
I dont see any difference with regards to shot timing and batsman returning to crease. Can big ant confirm if they have tweaked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread