• Poll closed .

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
hall of fame.png
STRUCTURE

A Hall of Fame Committee consisting of all of PlanetCricket's staff will sit on the selection board.

CRITERIA
  • The committee shall consider a candidate’s outstanding service and overall contribution to PlanetCricket.
  • The committee may consider a candidate’s individual record, ability, integrity, sportsmanship and character.
  • The number years of service provided shall only be a consideration and shall not be determinative in assessing a candidate’s eligibility.
  • Anyone may be eligible for induction into the Hall of Fame.
  • Candidates shall be adjudged on the basis of their overall contribution to PlanetCricket as opposed to one specific aspect.
  • A member of the committee may be a candidate but shall not vote for his or her induction into the Hall of Fame.
  • The Public are allowed to nominate any individual which will be referred to the Selection Committee for possible selection.
VOTING
  • The top 5 vote getters in the annual Vote will be inducted into PlanetCricket's Hall of Fame

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
Champions League Winner
HOW TO NOMINATE
  • Only nominate members that fit the criteria
  • Use the sample form below
SAMPLE
  • Hall of Fame nominee: @User2010
  • Short Bio/reason for your nomination:
Gaurav joined Jan 3, 2010. He started with this post, already promoting this fine site (true ambassador since his beginning) :p and soon found himself modding Cricket 07 and passing the time with graphics and running cricket leagues.

G made his Sportbookie debut on Feb 5 , 2011 where he created 100+ events and later on become a staff member Jan 15, 2013.

Mafia games, PlanetCricket Premier Leagues you name it, Gaurav was always in the mix of things. G became an Administrator on Aug 17, 2015

All the above was public, not to mention all the hard work behind the scenes.

Gaurav is the epitome of hard work pays off!

A true PlanetCricket ambassador in every sense of the word.

[HASHTAG]#User2010forHallofFame[/HASHTAG]

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Nominee: @Aislabie

Not sure I can do this one justice! I'll keep it short and sweet.
Always admired this guys dedication and commitment to the sport on and off this site. His knowledge of cricket both past and present is immense and even in his formative years on the site he sounded in a fresh spin on the Leagues section as a whole and has totally revolutionised the way it is now run (along with VC, who also equally richly deserves his own nomination).

I think the quality that we see there now can be attributed, at the very least in part, to what he brought in to that particular forum, most notably the constant fresh innovative ideas and his propensity to compile and collate statistics which at the time not many people were prepared to go to the effort to do. However nowadays it is considered commonplace and I can say personally that I incorporated a lot of those aspects into the leagues that I was running at the time as a consequence of his influence, although not anywhere near as successfully.
Just to give one example, I remember well the inception of the Associate Premier League he ran which I'm sure was the first of it's kind and it was that kind of innovation that made participating in leagues even more exciting.
It is hard now to picture the time when maybe only 2 or 3 leagues were running that were actually worth partaking in and the demand was very high, yet there was nobody to meet this demand until the likes of Aislabie and VC became proactive in this particular section.

Only mentioning his participation in that particular forum would be merely scratching the surface though. He has shown a vast understanding of the game in his Cricket Discussion content on here as well, down to the very fine details, going above and beyond to write his own cricket blogs and chronicle his own experiences playing the game. This is obviously somebody who lives and breaths Cricket and it is very evident!
I think we have in this member a true student of the sport and an indispensable contributor to Planet Cricket and I can honestly say that my experience on this site without his contributions would not be the same!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@RUDI i think @MattW , @zimrahil and @User2010 should be automatic inductions for their invaluable contribution to this site, along with past admins like aussie_1st, barmyarmy and others

I'd like to nominate my brother @Na Maloom Afraad for his tremendous contribution to the leagues section. He always holds himself to a very high standard, considering this is something we do just for fun, and his leagues are always well run. Apart from that, he is very knowledgeable and fun to debate with when it comes to Pakistan cricket, and above all, he is a great friend to me and many others on this site. [HASHTAG]#BhaiForHallOfFame[/HASHTAG]

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I'd like to nominate my brother @Na Maloom Afraad for his tremendous contribution to the leagues section. He always holds himself to a very high standard, considering this is something we do just for fun, and his leagues are always well run. Apart from that, he is very knowledgeable and fun to debate with when it comes to Pakistan cricket, and above all, he is a great friend to me and many others on this site. #BhaiForHallOfFame
Damn man, I wasn't expecting this and it genuinely made me well up a little bit. I do not think I can put into words how much your friendship means to me. You are a true 'Bhai' in every sense of the word...

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Nominee @zimrahil

He put a lot of effort and time into hosting our Survivor games, each challenge he created was different and well thought through, we don't see what goes on behind the scenes but you knew a lot of time went into it.
He also hosts our monthly Bingo, and the Bingo thread is a place to chat and have a laugh, so i nominate zimrahil for his dedicated work on PC! :)

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nominee: @VC the slogger

This man needs no introduction. He has been a great contributor to PlanetCricket Leagues section. He has been a huge asset for the site in terms of his cricket knowledge and organisation of the leagues. His popular leagues are Legends At Battle, Cricket at Olympic, Elite League and many more...

He was also the part of Planet Cricket Premier League Management Team and has done a marvelous job in managing the league.

He is a "Living Database" of Cricket. He knows about players, teams, leagues of past century. He is so much hardworking and dedicated towards his leagues management that he manually calculates each and every statistics in his leagues, which is impossible for many of us.

Apart from leagues, VC will always be ready to help those who ask for it. A great personality and a great human being. Good Lucks VC!! You must & you will be one of the Hall of Famer this year.

:)

Last edited:

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
Profile Flag
England
Could i nominate myself @RUDI?

I seem to be the only female in General Chat, and after a rocky start i stuck around and created a few quizzes! :)
Plus made a few friends along the way! :yes

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks for everyone who mentioned me, here's some nominations of my own:

He's been away from the site for a bit too long - but I have to give a huge thanks and nomination to @legend_master.

If it wasn't for the interest and involvement I had with the TAOC project all those years ago, I can't imagine I'd be on this site still, let alone running it, and even more amazingly, becoming involved in Cricket Game development as a full time job. Making mods for EA's games was enjoyable, but seeing the progress he and jk were making was a huge amount of the draw for me in being on the site.

Another nomination from me has to go to @Chief.

Being a spokesperson on a forum for Ashes 2013 sure didn't look like fun, but he's still here! Was great having his contributions in that more official capacity on Ashes 09 and 13, but then also more recently where I always enjoy reading his contributions, they come from a place of a lot of knowledge and experience, which adds a huge amount to the forum.

Thirdly, while there's plenty more who I'll probably miss mentioning, and everyone else should nominate in my place - but the absolute legends of Cricket 07 modding.

@Zaxotes, @Ahad, @Addy and @AbBh - just to name a few. Modding Cricket 07 kept the site alive for many years where there didn't look like there was anything on the horizon video game wise. It's a huge part of how PlanetCricket is still here, and those names are just some of the ones who made that happen.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Assuming one person only needs to be nominated once, I'm gonna skip mentioning the ones already in the thread (except for some special mentions with personal touches). Here are some:

@Burma's Finest (For some reason, I can't tag him) - His legendary bat-making for Cricket 07 (and perhaps before that as well) was such a HUGE draw to the website in those days, and it was a huge personal draw for me too. I loved what he was able to do - both from a skill perspective and the sheer amount of respect he commanded for his work. Both of those things were a motivator for me to get involved in myself - he inspired so many of us to get into the modding scene. I was (of course) nowhere near him in skill but learned so much because of him. I was also a very annoying person to him (in my defence, I was 14 :P), so if you read this today, man, I'm sorry. :P I went on to work at Adobe, and every time I would have to work on Photoshop I would be reminded of Burma's Finest and his sheer skills on the app.

@barmyarmy - At a personal level - his work in the Editors for Cricket Games was the first pull for me to dabble in programming (which I eventually fell in love with). He inspired me to start learning myself and making programs - and programming is such an addiction. Busy as he was, I remember him also taking personal time out for me to help and address my specific queries. Thank you!

@AbBh - I don't think we can say enough for the amount of talent he brought to this website, and the modding scene in general. Such a genius - and also sort of a personal mentor to me when I was growing up and learning programming. He helped me learn and accomplish so much of programming at the age of 16, that when I graduated with a CS degree at 22, some of my class mates still couldn't do what AbBh walked me through. Making game trainers, writing software, intricacies of memory, x86 Assembly coding... So much. And of course, his Modified Cricket 07 EXE patch was so legendary that it pumped more life into the game than all other EA cricket games combined! Thanks, AbBH!

@MattW - Here's another person who I've annoyed to no ends. :P Like someone said, it is true that this website won't be where it is today if not for him. He (along with others, like barmyarmy) showed a lot of faith in me when I was just 17, promoting me to a Global Moderator (it was a BIG deal for me!) and also handing me the reigns to PC's backend for development. Unfortunately, due to events happening in life I could not devote enough time and fulfil these responsibilities as promised - I still feel gutted about it. :( But thank you, Matt!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread