PC Bugs noticed so far

scritty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nothing game stopping but a few issues.

{FIXED} Unable to start career mode on very high resolution displays

- If you auto play aspects of a game (like the fielding) the message that tells you that you might lose XP for auto playing does not clear from the screen once it has jumped through to your turn to act again. Something like " Using auto play you may not gain experience for your players actions" or something similar. It says Press "A" to clear - but pressing "A" does not clear the message for a ball or two.

- Certain resolutions (such as 2560 x1080) are shown as available in the game menu but do not work in game. Unselecting "letterbox" does fill a 2560 wide screen with a stretched 1080 resolution (therefore displaying the game with a blurry and incorrect aspect ratio)

- Playing a league game, batting second held out for a draw. Chasing 301 we got to 297 or for 2 at the end of play ion the 4th day. Another over and we would have won. However, rather than a draw (or in league cricket one of those horrible "winning draws") we were informed we had lost the game. The commentator actually said we had been bowled out "so close" the league table had us losing as well. This was a 4 day game so should have been either a draw or (if it's implemented) a "winning draw".

- Quite a few commentary errors. like "He's finally out for.. 265 for 5". Which might I suppose be right - but it feels like it should be telling us the batsmans final score. And "fielded by... "then nothing is said. Bowling a maiden and being told "He went for a few that over".

- Fielding changes. Choose a new field from presets "X" to set for all. Return to game. Nothing has happened. Do it again this time don't press X (so should be just for that bowler) but again no field changes. A ball later (one ball into the over) it lets me change fields fine. Seems to not let me on the first ball of an over.

- 26 over spell in my second game. Ok I'm a spinner - but from DB '17 where as a batting all-rounder I would have multiple 2 over spells which was a little annoying when the fields reset after each mini spell. In Ashes, in my second game, as the weakest of 5 bowlers in my team. I bowled 26 overs without a break. There was an interval in there, but straight back out to continue my spell afterwards. I was neither the most economical nor the most penetrative bowler in my team - actually being the 4th out of 5 for economy and the worst for wickets (nor the only spinner) so this seemed a little strange.

- Maidens not being counted towards achievement goals. About 1 in 5 maidens is registered by the game with the pop up. According to the achievement screen area my career spin bowler has not bowled 20 maidens in his career yet, according to his stats he bowled almost that many in the last test match he played in (but none got credited to the number of maidens required to bowl to reach the achievement) and literally hundreds in all FC games so far.

NONE BUGS - BALANCING QOL ISSUES and "Maybe this is meant to be but it doesn't feel right" type stuff.

- Keeper drops perhaps 75% of thin edges
- Field settings often forgotten or require to be reset often
- In T20 games the number of wickets that fall on both sides seems low. Typically only 2-3 wickets lost per innings. I have seen frequent games of 180+ for 0 wicket
- AI selects strange teams, often leaving out the best players. Is this to simulate injury or something?
- How many ponytails on male players? Teams with 7 ponytailed players?
- Women's voices being used in men's games

No big issues really. Gameplay itself was smooth and enjoyable. No crashes. Mechanics tightened up noticeable from DB '17. Menu's also sharper and more intuitive than DB '17. These issues feel like things that could be ironed out with a quick patch. Let's hope Big Ant support this game for a long time to come.

Last edited:

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have only spent a short time playing it so far, and most of that on Women's Career mode.

I did notice that quite often one of the batsmen will not run until the other batsmen is almost at their crease. Sometimes it's the AI partner, sometimes my own player. This results in laughably easy wickets for the fielding side, or one of them politely holding the ball without hitting the bails while one of us runs half the length of the pitch.

That is the only really noticable thing I have come across so far, but it is quite annoying.

zuhayr92

Club Cricketer
In all game modes, at the start of the over when trying to change the bowling line (left and right on the D pad), the field keeps changing but the bowler does not move. Happened randomly in DBC17 too

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Has anyone managed to get career mode working on PC? It crashes out every time I try it (I've verified integrity of game files several times too). Given that this has been under testing on PC for many weeks now, I really am surprised that a core feature of the game won't even launch. I get the fact that the PC platform is tricky to test on because of the variations in configurations but there does seem to be a serious flaw in the test coverage and QA, here. I'm a big fan of Big Ant and their support for cricket games generally and their support for the PC platform in particular...but I'm not impressed that this release got through test. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough but it just gives easy ammunition to those who are waiting to dismiss the game.

Mondy

Club Captain
Career Mode working fine for me on PC.

Agree with the message that pops up about losing XP if you autoplay. It doesn’t go away when you press A.

Umpires signal over the shoulder to a spinner.

Fields don’t stick ever after pressing apply all.

Career bowler is given 6 overs whether he’s bowling well or not.

My career bowler, also worst in the team, is brought on after about 4 or 5 overs. I bowl spin. I also bowl the most overs in an innings.

Game is more polished but it still has irritating DBC 17 issues.

And as noted elsewhere, the batting is far too easy.

Ponting_Sachin

School Cricketer
Not sure if it's an issue with the game itself. But i've still not received the activation email so I can register for the community.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I cannot start my career.....just crashes to the desktop every time.
Has anyone managed to get career mode working on PC? It crashes out every time I try it (I've verified integrity of game files several times too).

Working for me - which options were you picking at the start of career, and do other game modes work fine?

Can you zip and upload your save folder? (located in My Documents\My Games\Ashes)

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
Setting up a career crashes to desktop for me if I'm running the game at a resolution of higher than 1080p. If I run it at 1080p it works fine.

The rest of the game works fine (70fps+) at 4k though. I can even save a game in career mode mid-game (while in 1080p), then change the resolution to 4k, load it and play the rest of it fine before it goes back to that main career mode menu and crashes again (which is in fact what I've been doing to play my career mode -- it's obviously very tedious between matches though!).

I know it sounds like I'm trying to squeeze too much out of my hardware, but with a Ryzen 1600X and a 1080Ti I highly doubt this is the case.

Are others having this career-crashing problem playing at resolutions above 1080p?

Late-Cut

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I Played two 3day game in career mode. So far i noticed:
-The game is not running smoothly in certain moments, the graphics is set on highest details. I have GTX 960M 4GB VRAM and 16 GB RAM.
-After downloading teams from the community creation, Im not able to select any logo for my custom created team.
- AI not taking singles issue need ulterior tweak.Also the commentary lines.

Apart from those issues the games looks definitely much better than DBC 17. In those two career mode games I really enjoyed batting and bowling with the new simplified controls.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The rest of the game works fine (70fps+) at 4k though. I can even save a game in career mode mid-game (while in 1080p), then change the resolution to 4k, load it and play the rest of it fine before it goes back to that main career mode menu and crashes again (which is in fact what I've been doing to play my career mode -- it's obviously very tedious between matches though!).
Could you try going to the config.ini file (in Documents\My Games\Ashes) and setting 'frontendcharacters' to a lower value and then try running at 4k?

WhiteCat

Club Cricketer
Could you try going to the config.ini file (in Documents\My Games\Ashes) and setting 'frontendcharacters' to a lower value and then try running at 4k?

No dice. Even on 0.

Knowing I can change the resolution in that file while the game is closed will cut down the time I spent opening and closing the game to bypass the problem though, so thanks for that at least. :p

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Working for me - which options were you picking at the start of career, and do other game modes work fine?

Can you zip and upload your save folder? (located in My Documents\My Games\Ashes)
@MattW thanks for the response. Where do I upload these files to? And, yes, other modes (that I've tried so far) work...it just seems to be career mode that doesn't.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW thanks for the response. Where do I upload these files to?
Either attach them on here, or just use something like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me a link, will be looking into this first thing tomorrow.

No dice. Even on 0.
Alright - still I think you're on to something that is probably the best lead I've got right now on why it's happening for some people and not others.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Either attach them on here, or just use something like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me a link, will be looking into this first thing tomorrow.

Alright - still I think you're on to something that is probably the best lead I've got right now on why it's happening for some people and not others.
@MattW I can attach the files but I think I've worked out the problem. It is crashing on screen resolutions greater than 1920x1080. It should be running, for me, at 2560x1440 but won't. Reducing resolution is a workaround but I hope not the solution.

Attachments

• Career001.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread