PC Graphics Maker Championship Season 8 | Final Round - R#10 Results + Season Summary!

Which is the best entry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
k7R66O8.png

Welcome to yet another promising season of Planet Cricket Graphics Maker Championship. All the seasons of the competition thus far went unexpectedly well and brought graphics makers of all ranges under one roof. We hope this season reaches new heights and is treated with the same passion and response like the previous ones. We urge each and every member to participate regardless of their skills on Photoshop or any other graphics software!

Round #10 - Theme

A signature on Sunil Chhetri chosen by The PCGMC Team.

---

Round #10 - Entries

- x -

Entry 1

qeej1Zj.png

- x -

Entry 2

1w17LC4.png

- x -

Entry 3

Y9IMf0h.png

- x -

Entry 4

SChet.png

- x -

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
k7R66O8.png

Round #10 - Results

:goldo: Entry 4 @Salman.

SChet.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 10 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.0

- x -

:slvo: Entry 1 @Simon

qeej1Zj.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.0

- x -

Entry 3 [S]@AliB[/S]

Y9IMf0h.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating:5.0

- x -

:bro: Entry 2 @Bilal45

1w17LC4.png

Points Awarded: 3; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.0

- x -

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
-

@Dipak

-

@Rebel2k17
-

@Sodium
Entry 1 - 8/10 - Very colorful. I liked the use of different textures. Too much is too bad, reducing the amount of textures used in that artwork would've made it better.

Entry 2 - 5/10 - The background is not going well with the render. Even the text looks messed up. For certain art, it is better to add effects to the stuffs after merging the layers rather than on a particular layer (background in this case). Nice try.

Entry 3 - 5/10 - Font face and color could be improved. Reduce the excessive use of tools like Hue saturation, sharpness etc..

Entry 4 - 8/10 - Top class. Couple of textures on the BG would've made it even more attractive.

@Simon
Entry 1 - 7/10 - Great use of textures and colors but it just doesn't flow well. Text doesn't work with the overall theme and the background looks a little bland. Overall looks okay but very generic.
Entry 2 - 5/10 - The pieces look very disjointed and don't work well together. Needs some work on lighting and the colors don't really pop. I do like how the text is arranged.
Entry 3 - 6.5/10 - Solid work on the lighting. Colors look too saturated and they don't go well together. Not a big fan of the fonts used.
Entry 4 - 8.5/10 - Easily the best of the lot. Simple stuff but very effective. I'd like a little more focus on the render's face though, since the blue of the jersey is what stands out from within the black and white.
[/centre]

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
k7R66O8.png

Conditions

Entries must be sent to @AliB (via a conversation) by:

Time: 00:00 GMT
Day: Wednesday
Date: 13th June
We recommend sending in stock images/cutouts along with the entries as per requests from the panelists. If no stock was used, do mention it.

-----

Size

For Avatars: Between 100x100 and 200x200 pixels
For Signatures: Between 300x100 and 500x200 pixels
For Wallpapers: Between 1366x768 and 2560x1440 pixels
For Lock-Screens: Between 640x1136 and 1440x2560 pixels or Between 720x1440 and 1920x3840 pixels(18:9)
For Posters or Magazine Covers: Between 600x900 and 1440x2160 pixels

-----

Rules

• No entries will be accepted after the aforementioned deadline.

• Please send a suggestion for next round's theme along with the entry.

• Entries must be uploaded on an image-hosting site and not Planet Cricket.

• Make sure that the link to your entry doesn't have your name on it.

• Pre-made entries are not allowed i.e the participant has to make a new artwork to enter the competition.

• No participant can post their entry anywhere else before the results are declared.

• Animated entries are not allowed unless mentioned in the theme.

• Collabs are not allowed unless mentioned in the theme.

• Entering and voting through multiple accounts are strictly not allowed. Will result in a ban alongside disqualification.

• Entry disclosure, i.e. telling other members if an entry is or is not made by you, is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

-----

Voting and Points

The winner will be decided by the ratings of the PCGMC Panel and via voting through a public poll. The ratings of the panel members and the public poll will have an equal weightage in deciding the winner in Season 8.

NOTE: Asking for votes and self voting is strictly not allowed. Anyone found doing so would be DISQUALIFIED from the competition.

Points System:

First: 9 points
Second: 6 points
Third: 3 points
Fourth: 1 point
Bonus: 1 point (for the winner in a round of 8+ participants)

-----

PCGMC Panel

@Aggz

@Dipak

@PresidentEvil

@Rebel2k17

@Simon

NOTE: If a Panel Member participates in a particular round, his ratings wouldn't be considered.

-----

Disqualification

Any entry that does not follow the rules and the conditions of the competition, will be DISQUALIFIED without any prior notice. The period of disqualification will be decided by the PCGMC Team depending on the severity of the case.

-----

Prizes

The participants who finish first, second and third at the end of the season will receive the following prizes:

First: vCash prize* + "PCGMC Season 8 Winner" banner.
Second: vCash prize*
Third: vCash prize*

There will also be a special vCash prize* for the participant who takes part the maximum number of times.

*The amount of vCash prize will be based on the economic situation of Planet Cricket at the time when the prizes are being given.

-----

Before we start the competition, I'd officially like to thank MattW and Rebel2k17 whose help was a major boon during the early stages of the competition, all the Panel Members and PCGMC Team Members without whom this competition would be nowhere, and all the participants who've participated in the last seven seasons.

Thank you,
AliB

Last edited by a moderator:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
k7R66O8.png

Revised Standings

**Note: Disqualified members' status is not updated.**

#|Username|Times Entered|Points
1|Simon|7|54
2|Salman.|9|54
3|Yash.|4|19
4|VDQuint|4|17
5|RUDI|8|15
6|Bilal48|5|9
7|HelmetBoy|1|6
7|Villain|1|6
9|Kumbis|4|3
10|Monzi|1|1
11|Field Marshal|1|0
=|Manish.|1|0
=|Muzammil21|2|0
=|AK MODS|3|0

Past Winners

• Season 2 - @KBC

• Season 3 - @Pranav

• Season 4 - @APS

• Season 5 - @Simon

• Season 6 - @Aggz

• Season 7 - @abishakprabu

Season 8 - @Simon

Congratulations @Simon who won it with lesser entries than @Salman. and @Yash. in third place.​

Last edited:

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
k7R66O8.png

Archive

Round #1 - Results

:goldo: Entry 6(@Simon)

ZuvWXS0.png

Points Awarded: 10(9+1) ; Votes: 4 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.8

- x-

:slvo: Entry 1(@Yash.)

sJfRkRY

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.3

- x -

:bro: Entry 4(@Kumbis)

dRvdIzx.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 4 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.8

- x -

:redo: Entry 9(@Monzi)

wBgF1Oc.jpg

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 4 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.4

- x -

Entry 7([S]@AliB[/S])

ZS0vRIJ.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 4 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.5

- x -

Entry 11(@Bilal48)

5eLp58R.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

Entry 8(@RUDI)

OvHmvg5.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.9

- x -

Entry 10(@AK MODS)

r3WFfdw.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 4.8

- x -

Entry 2(@Muzammil21)

9zmCNbw_d.jpg

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 3.4

- x -

Entry 3(@Salman.)

image.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.3

- x -

Entry 5(@Field Marshal)

MqhCoQR.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 2.5

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
-

@Dipak

Entry 1 (6/10) - I like the retro feel in the avatar and the colors complement the seriousness to the players face. Kind of overdone though

Entry 2 (4/10) - A bit too much yellow in the avatar. Lighting needs to be improved.

Entry 3 (8/10) - I like it. The text is blended well and the lighting is nice. Good job.

Entry 4 (6/10) - The effects are quite good. The urn and the text aren't blended well with the BG. Perhaps it would be better of without it. Nice try though.

Entry 5 (3/10) - It's too simple. If it's one of your first artworks, well done. Follow a few tuts.

Entry 6 (9/10) - I love it. Great stock selection. Lighting is perfect. Simple, yet brilliant. Well done.

Entry 7 (5.5/10) - The text looks good, but the ava is overdone. Too sharp as well.

Entry 8 (7.5/10) - Great use of colors. Looks good.

Entry 9 (7/10) - I love double render avas and this is a really good try, given double render avas are really difficult to pull off. The main ava's stock could be better. The chef hat spoils it a bit though.

Entry 10 (5/10) - Looks a bit overdone. Also text could look good in such an ava.

Entry 11 (7/10) - The lighting is really good. Good contrast, though I think the face is too bright. Good use of the texture (if it is a texture) The Overton text is not that good, a better text could have easily got a 9.

@PresidentEvil

Entry 1 (7/10) - Classy. Nice use of effects to bring in that retro feel. Elements(the base stock) could've been made more visible. Nice try...

Entry 2 (3.5/10) - Not that great ava tbh. Nothing much done apart from basic tuning of effects etc... Need improvements.

Entry 3 (6/10) - Text is syncing well with the effects and the base. Looks cool...

Entry 4 (8/10) - The text is perfect for the stock used with a good set of effects and color. Kind of satisfying to the eyes...

Entry 5 (3/10) - Nothing done much. Text looks good for the plain theme you've used for the ava. Follow some tuts for better effects.

Entry 6 (9/10) - That is what I call a perfect mix of everything. Good stock selection and placement, balanced effects, awesome text and presentation. KIU.

Entry 7 (6.5/10) - Interesting. Well blended text and effects but poor utilisation of stock or could've opted for a more visible ava.

Entry 8 (7/10) - Well played with the effects and color. Perhaps a text would've made it more better ava.

Entry 9 (7.5/10) - Good use of stock by blending the render of Cook with appropriate colors. Lacks something and I don't know what. But surely, something seems missing..

Entry 10 (4/10) - Poor use of stock. A colored ava would've been better than the b&w ava. Looks like the sun is rising out of nowhere and is stationed behind Smith. It looks that way...

Entry 11 (6/10) - A bit too much of effects. Maybe, the contrast is not a better option for a darker avas. Seems like a forceful ava with too much of doings..

@Rebel2k17

Entry 1 (5/10) - I like the stock used but overall ava looks rough and too sharp. Could have been better.

Entry 2 (3/10) - When I saw an Ashes theme I was hoping the player to be in whites. Even if I ignore that this isn't something which appeals to me.

Entry 3 (6/10) - I like it a bit. The text needs an effort to read it properly, too bright BG for the text. A bit more lighting on the face would have done wonders. The reddish BG right in the center is a distraction.

Entry 4 (9/10) - This is neat and very easy on the eyes. I loved the text, especially that 244*. It is 'Alastair'. The two parts (Cook and the Urn) could have been blended better together. The blur thing doesn't always work well. Overall an impressive piece of work.

Entry 5 (2/10) - It just seems you have pasted the render on a BG and nothing else. I see zero effects. Text is okay.

Entry 6 (7/10) - Looks good. I wouldn't say very good. A different placement might have been better, I feel.

Entry 7 (7/10) - Nice work. It seems a bit over burnt though.

Entry 8 (8/10) - Simple and effective! Nice lighting and color used.

Entry 9 (8/10) - The other render spoilt it tbh. Still a good one to get 8! I would love to see how it goes without the Cook at the front.

Entry 10 (5/10) - I like what is done on the face. But overall looks empty. This needed text with the size of the canvas you have used.

Entry 11 (10/10) - This is an ava I would want to use on a forum. I can't really find any flaw in this one. Neatly done and the text is very nice.

@Samuels

Entry 1 (7/10) - I like this idea but may be its done a tad too much. It is a great attempt.

Entry 2 (3/10) - I am sorry but there is not much appeal in the avatar. Also, Ashes means white uniform.

Entry 3 (5/10) - Too bright for my liking. Missed the text at first glance.

Entry 4 (8/10) - This was so good but the urn and the text not merging with the BG ruined the beauty of this avvy. Excellent attempt.

Entry 5 (2/10) - I do not see much effort there. You got work more on the effects. I suggest you to please follow the tutorials on the forums.

Entry 6 (10/10) - Brilliant! Excellent stock selection and great lighting effects.

Entry 7 (7/10) - The idea is good but maybe a different stock selection would have done it more good.

Entry 8 (9/10) - Impressive. The icing on the cake would have been little lightning on the cap highligting the CA logo.

Entry 9 (7/10) - Nice attempt but it would have been better off with one render.

Entry 10 (5/10) - I am a fan of B/W pictures and avvys but this one is off. A better render selection and some smart use of lightning effects could have made this idea so good.

Entry 11 (7/10) - The face is too bright. Font for 'Overton' could have been better.

@Simon
-
[/centre]
Round #2 - Results
:goldo: Entry 1(@Salman.)
Rooney2.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 11 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.8

- x -

:slvo: Entry 4(@Simon)
q7oElQK.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 9 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.6

- x -

Entry 6([S]@AliB[/S])
5TeVQwt.jpg

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 7 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

:bro: Entry 3(@VDQuint)
OZIL_200_LAST.jpg

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.9

- x -

:redo:Entry 5(@@Yash.)
khDFTNS

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.1

- x -

Entry 7(@Kumbis)
yaBBGua.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 4.6

- x -

:slvo: Entry 8(@AK MODS)
dckRxHl.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 4.5

- x -

Entry 2(@RUDI)
hFLwPo8.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.3

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
Entry 1: 7/10
Looks pretty nice overall. Good stock placement. The lighting looks good. Text needs improvement. The tone of the whole avatar is a bit too red for my liking.

Entry 2: 5/10
Decent try but looks overdone IMO.

Entry 3: 6/10
Kudos to the maker for trying something unique. The effects look nice and so does the text but I feel there's a bit too much going in the avatar. The texture used looks very LQ so that doesn't help either. Good try nonetheless.

Entry 4: 8/10
Best of the lot for me. The lighting is just perfect. Nice use of the texture around Tony's hands. The only drawback for me is the text - would've looked better without it. Looks great regardless.

Entry 5: 6/10
Looks decent but something just feels missing. There's an ample amount of space which the maker could've used to fit text in.

Entry 6: 6/10
Good try but looks a bit dark for me. Would've looked much better if you added a vignette effect around Kane. The 'Kane' text can be improved as well.

Entry 7: 4/10
As Dipak pointed out, rather than using soft brush on a specific area, spread it out and reduce the opacity a bit as well. Try following some lighting tutorials for a better result. Text looks decent but the texture used behind it could've been better.

Entry 8: 4.5/10
Good try for a beginner. Nice use of the vignette effect. Text needs improvement. Try following some tutorials and you can really improve. :)

@Dipak

E1: 8/10 This avatar looks really good. Love stock placement and text. It just looks a bit too red for my liking.
E2: 5.5/10 Decent lighting but the red gmap looks a bit wierd. P
E3: 6.5/10 The effects and the text look nice. Feels fresh to see a different kind of avatar.
E4: 7.5/10 I like the texture and the font. Bit too light though.
E5: 6/10 Looks a bit dark. Coloring looks nice.
E6: 8/10 Lighting is excellent. Probably the best lighting out of the entries here. Harry text is fine, but the Kane text could have been of uniform colour.
E7: 4.5/10 Lighting seems to be concentrated on a certain area. Spread it out and it will look better. Could have used better textures for the text.
E8: 5/10 Decent try. The light is directly at his face, which makes it look a bit weird. Text can be improved as well.

@PresidentEvil

8/10 - Loved the effects and the text used. Good placement of stock and text. Nice work.

4.5/10 - Looks somewhat good. A bit over done with the lighting effects though.

6/10 - A good display of creativity. Would have been better with minimal effects. The text looks cool too.

7/10 - Good use of stock, would've been better if you had made the text more visible.

5.5/10 - Nice try, I like the idea but white or yellowish light from the top right corner would have made that ava an awesome creation.

6.5/10 - Text could've been better. Over all, a decent stuff.

5/10 - The lighting effects on this kind of stock will look good in low opacity with some tweaking to the stock. Texture for the text isn't syncing with the text.

4.5/10 - Decent work. Need improvements in many areas with the use of text, it's placement, effects etc... Follow some tuts and you'll improve.

@Rebel2k17
-

@Samuels

Entry 1: 8/10 The avvy looks great but I think the text could have been better.
Entry 2: 6/10 Good try but the lightning color is unsuitable for this avvy. Maybe you should try a bit of blue tint or the one like Entry 4 to gel up with the blue jersey.
Entry 3: 9/10 This brings in a breath of fresh air. It looks great. I can't find a flaw in it. Excellent work! Bonus points for trying a unique style.
Entry 4: 8/10 Brilliant stock selection. Sorry I'm blind and can't see the text.
Entry 5: 7/10 Fantastic lightning effects. This entry deserves more points tbh but there are better entries in this round! Keep up the great work.
Entry 6: 9.5/10 The best of a great lot if you ask me. Minus points for the 'E' in the text (Kane) that goes on to the jersey and makes it look a bit weird.
Entry 7: 5/10 Not the best of the lightning effects. Text is good. Try and play around with different textures for such stock.
Entry 8: 4/10 Nice start if you are a learner. Look around the forum for some great gfx tutorials. I am sure you would come up with something too good.

@Simon
-

Round #3 - Results

Entry 2([S]@AliB[/S])
JgWQKjg.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 7 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.2

- x -

:goldo: Entry 7(@Simon)
S3YMxbf.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 9.2

- x -

:slvo: Entry 1(@Salman.)
ecRd9kS.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.7

- x -

:bro: Entry 3(@Yash.)
2xYuS02.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.8

- x -

:redo: Entry 4(@VDQuint)
CRSIG2.jpg

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.3

- x -

Entry 5(@RUDI)
YXb9bGc.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.7

- x -

:slvo: Entry 6(@Kumbis)
10PJuDc.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 4.5

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz

Entry 1: 8/10
Looks great. Good use of textures. Nicely blurred. The 'Pogba' text looks good, however, the 'Paul' text could have been more visible. Overall, great effort.

Entry 2: 7/10
The lighting and effects look great. Text looks pretty good. The texture is a bit pixelated and not very well blended IMO.

Entry 3: 6/10
Looks unfinished tbh. I like the simplicity of the signature but definitely lacks finishing.

Entry 4: 6/10
Decent attempt. The text looks great but I don't really like the drop shadow you applied on the render. Try blending the render with the BG.

Entry 5: 6/10
Tbh the text just ruins what would have been a great signature. The effects, lighting and background all look fine but the text doesn't. Try reducing the size of the text and pick colours that complement the whole signature well.

Entry 6: 4.5/10
The signature seems to be all over the place tbh. Try making your signature around a primary render.

Entry 7: 9/10
Amazing entry! The effects, colors, background and the text all look amazing. Clear winner for me tbh.

@Dipak

E1: 9/10
E2: 8.5/10
E3: 6.5/10
E4: 7/10
E5: 6/10
E6: 5/10
E7: 9/10

@Sodium

-

@Rebel2k17
E1: 9/10
E2: 9/10
E3: 5/10
E4: 6/10
E5: 5/10
E6: 4/10
E7: 9.5/10

@Samuels
-

@Simon
-

Round #4 - Results

Entry 4 [S]@AliB[/S]

FaW9JMw.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 6 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.67

- x -

:goldo: Entry 3 @Simon

3pBPWcz.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.17

- x -

:slvo: Entry 7 @Salman.

image.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.0

- x -

:bro: Entry 6 @Bilal45

dOMpqRj.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

:redo: Entry 1 @VDQuint

MSD_ava.png

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.33

- x -

Entry 2 @RUDI

ikAxPUN.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.5

- x -

Entry 8 @AK MODS

48LvXxM.jpg

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.67

- x -

Entry 5 @Kumbis

t7rkSF6.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.17

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz

Entry 1 (7/10)
Good effort. I like what you did with the text and background. The render looks a bit soft on the edges and doesn’t look very cleanly cut.

Entry 2 (5.5/10)
Looks too bright. I think you overdid the lighting here.

Entry 3 (9/10)
Looks great. The double stock is nicely implemented. Lighting is spot on. Text looks great and so does the texture behind it.

Entry 4 (8/10)
Another good one. Text looks fine but I love the texture used behind it. As a whole, looks like a nice entry.

Entry 5 (4/10)
The lighting and colors look really off. Try following some lighting tutorials for a better result! :)

Entry 6 (6.5/10)
Looks quite bland IMO.

Entry 7 (7/10)
Good try but looks a bit too dark for my liking. The lighting could have been much better.

Entry 8 (7/10)
The lighting and effects look great. You could have possibly scored more with a decent text IMO.

@Dipak

E1: 7/10
E2: 7/10
E3: 8.5/10
E4: 8/10
E5: 5.5/10
E6: 9/10
E7: 10/10
E8: 6/10

@Sodium

-

@Rebel2k17

Entry 1 (8/10) - Very nice looking and simple ava. I like the subtle effects on the render and the bat. Text goes along very well too. Only minus point seems to be the BG for me. It could have been a lot better. The opacity of the Dhoni pic behind could have been more low and same goes for the stadium too. Overall a nice piece of work.

Entry 2 (7/10) - I really enjoy manip avas. This seems too bright near the face and could have been a bit more sharp. A text would have done wonders.

Entry 3 (7/10) - Tbh the whole ava seems too focused on the text and thereabouts. I have to try really hard to see the other things in it which is the double stock. I like the concept but seems overdone as far as text and brightness is concerned. It isn't as easy on the eyes as it should be.

Entry 4 (10/10) - This is a perfect one! Everything flows along very nicely and both the text and render look really good. Lighting is great and hence I don't see any flaw whatsoever. KIU!

Entry 5 (6/10) - This one looks like it has 4 different BGs which surely don't go well with each other. Those look like just colors and the text lacks the punch. Maybe a different font and placement could have been nice. The effects used aren't that great either, long way to go.

Entry 6 (7/10) - I really want to like this one more but can't for a number of reasons. First I think this could have been way better if the text size wasn't as large. I mean the 'Stokes' one. Another thing is the orangish BG is a distraction. The render effects could have been done as such to put the focus more on the main subject.

Entry 7 (7/10) - Looks okay. I don't like the text at all. The other effects look nice but as a whole, it is missing something.

Entry 8 (4/10) - This is too sharp. The stock used also looks LQ and hence this looks even more sharpened than it actually should. I can't see much effects and the text is missing. I think for a 200 x 200 ava, the text is a must as you get more space to play with. Can do a lot better than this.

@Samuels
-

@Simon
-
Round #5 - Results

:goldo: Entry 6 @Salman.

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 6 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.67

- x -

Entry 4 [S]@AliB[/S]

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.67

- x -

:slvo: Entry 5 @Simon

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.17

- x -

:bro: Entry 6 @Bilal45

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

:redo: Entry 3 @RUDI

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.67

- x -

Entry 7 @Muzammil21

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.83

- x -

Entry 1 @Manish.

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.83

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz

-

@Dipak

Lovely entries all around

E1 - 8/10
E2 - 7/10
E3 - 9/10
E4 - 8/10
E5 - 8/10
E6 - 9/10
E7 - 6/10

Append these comments too please :p

Changes in the ratings since I rated in a hurry the last time (For some reason I keep forgetting I can rate in increments of 0.5).

1 - Looks really good and simple. Love the text and texture in the middle. (Please change my rating to 8.5)
2 - Both the main render and secondary render have really good effects. Good job there. The text effects look a bit overdone. Otherwise excellent. (Please change my rating to 7.5)
3 - I love the way the textures are blended to the BG. The lighting is good as well. (9/10)
4 - Simple and looks really good. I think the opacity of the texture can be reduced, but looks good like this as well. (8/10)
5 - The artwork looks stunning. Lovely lighting and effects. Seems a bit empty at the top, but it still looks good, kiu (Please change my rating to 8.5 :p)
6 - For some reason, I really like the feel of the entire artwork and I can't seem to pinpoint why. The gradients are really good. (9/10)
7 - The idea is good, and it looks good, but it's a bit unfinished. Slight improvement to the text will make it a lot better (since the text is already placed well) Not a big fan of the blurring (Please change my rating to 6.5)

@Sodium

E1 - 8/10
E2 - 8/10
E3 - 9/10
E4 - 8/10
E5 - 8/10
E6 - 8/10
E7 - 7/10

@Rebel2k17

E1 - 7/10
E2 - 8/10
E3 - 8/10
E4 - 10/10
E5 - 8/10
E6 - 9/10
E7 - 7/10

This is one of the best rounds as all the entries are top notch. It is really difficult to pin point flaws in these. I have just rated these on the basis of how they look as a lock screen. For me all the participants in this round are winners. Well done!

@Samuels

-

@Simon
-
[/centre]

k7R66O8.png

Round #5 - Results

:goldo: Entry 4 @VDQuint

DEADPOOL_MAGAZINE_copy.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 6 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.8

- x -

Entry 3 [S]@AliB[/S]

UQ9PDrC.jpg

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 5 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.2

- x -

:slvo: Entry 5 @Villain

zz.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.1

- x -

:bro: Entry 1 @Salman.

CR7_insp.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.1

- x -

:redo: Entry 2 @RUDI

ylgN2gC.png

Points Awarded: 1 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.6

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz

Entry 1 (5/10)
It's a decent attempt but text pretty much spoils the whole entry. You need to play around with the text a little more. Try different font styles, apply gradient, drop shadow etc. Not a fan of the colour selection either.

Entry 2 (6/10)
Looks simple and nice. The font you chose for the title could have been much better. The cover looks a bit empty, I feel you could have added more text.

Entry 3 (7.5/10)
Kudos for trying something new. I really like the text used in the entire cover. The stock is very LQ but I liked how you blended it with the background. The fact that your entry is quite unique is what gives you an edge over the others in my opinion.

Entry 4 (7/10)
Looks pretty good but I feel you have used too many font styles for a magazine cover. Try to be more consistent with the font.

Entry 5 (6/10)
Looks really bland because of the BG. Instead of using the same font style for the entire magazine, you could have used a bolder font for the title.

@Dipak

E1: Looks decent. I like the idea behind it, but the title and parts of the text are completely covered by Ronaldo. Text could have been a bit uniform throughout. (6/10)

E2: Simple and looks decent. The font of the title could have been better. The background looks good. (6/10)

E3: I really like this cover. The text of the title looks really good. The effects and BG are good as well. The first article is covering Rohit's face a bit and could have been moved to the right though. (7/10)

E4: Looks simple and looks good. Looks like many of the magazine covers out there. Font could have been more uniform. (7/10)

E5: You've got all the basic stuff spot on! Looks good, but I feel it needs a bit more effects since the BG is a bit bland. (6.5/10)

@Sodium

Entry 1 (6.5/10): Text placement and effects could've been better.

Entry 2 (6/10): Looks good. More items in it would've made it more attractive.

Entry 3 (7.5/10): Nice one. Liked the way it is presented.

Entry 4 (8/10): Great one. Looks cool.

Entry 5 (6/10): Adding effects to it with dark bg will add that missing factor to it.

@Rebel2k17

E1 - 4/10
E2 - 4/10
E3 - 9/10
E4 - 9/10
E5 - 10/10

@Simon
Entry 1 - 4/10 - Good attempt at placing the title but it's really unreadable. The text in general does not contrast well at all and is unreadable in parts, not to mention the inconsistent styles and sizes. The image is low quality too, and the lighting in the background does not match up with the render.

Entry 2 - 6/10 - I like the fact that you chose to focus more on making it simple and readable, even though the graphics itself isn't spectacular or anything. Would have preferred a little more text, and more consistency on how they're indented.

Entry 3 - 5/10 - The article previews look great, as does the title, but it just seems all over the place. Try to organize the text in a more coherent manner. The picture you used is okay, but it's very low quality.

Entry 4 - 8/10 - Really cool color scheme and overall arrangement of all the elements is well done. Maybe use two different font styles instead of so many, and take a little more care with how you space things out (just make it consistent). Not really sure if it would be a real life magazine but great work coming up with an unconventional concept!

Entry 5 - 7/10 - It's pretty alright. Nothing spectacular, but consistent style and colors look great. Try adding something a little more eye-catching like bolder fonts and a nicer background.

Round #7 - Results

:goldo: Entry 2 @Yash.

8shJInF.jpg

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 6 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.0

- x -

Entry 1 [S]@AliB[/S]

d5GxA5Q.jpg

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.3

- x -

:slvo: Entry 3 @RUDI

1WbjR8a.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.0

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
-

@Dipak

E1: 6/10
E3: 6/10

@Sodium
E1 - 5
E2 - 7
E3 - 6

@Rebel2k17
E1 - 5/10
E2 - 7/10
E3 - 6/10

@Simon
1 - 5/10
2 - 7/10
3 - 6/10

:goldo: Entry 1 @Salman.

VK_PCGMC2.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 7 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.0

- x -

:slvo: Entry 3 @RUDI

OHcYTiI.png

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 3 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.8

- x -

:bro: Entry 4 @VDQuint

ROhit_ava.png

Points Awarded: 3 ; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 6.3

- x -

Entry 2 [S]@AliB[/S]

kG6ZPDP.png

Points Awarded: 0; Votes: 2 ; Avg Panel Rating: 5.8

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
-

@Dipak

-

@Sodium
Entry 1 (9/10) - Looks nice. Some sharpness on the face and Jersey could've been tried. Text and colors looks good. Nevertheless, nice art.

Entry 2 (6.5/10) - I liked the effects given to the text. But font selection could've been better. I would prefer colored stock rather than b&w though.

Entry 3 (6/10) - Nothing significant other than some lighting at the top, some adjustments like brightness, contrast etc.. and some basic effects. Using just the face part with some part of shoulder and adding some text to it would make it even more attractive.

Entry 4 (6.5/10) - Stock selection is good. Text placement looks good too. It looks different and creative (the whole art). Only thing is the bg not syncing well with the render. More work on the bg would've made it better.

@Rebel2k17
-

@Simon

Entry 1 - 7/10 - Solid entry, good lighting and text. Nothing spectacular though, and I recommend playing around with effects.
Entry 2 - 5/10 - Too much contrast and the text is barely readable. Not a big fan of the colors either.
Entry 3 - 5.5/10 - The stock placement is really off and there barely seems to be much effort put in besides placing the stock. Play around with colors just to start off.
Entry 4 - 6/10 - It's not bad, I applaud you for going for an unconventional style. The background and text could use a little more work in terms of blending in.
[/spoiler]

Round #9 - Results

:goldo: Entry 1 @Simon

eo4Y6pW.png

Points Awarded: 9 ; Votes: 8 ; Avg Panel Rating: 8.5

- x -

Entry 2 [S]@AliB[/S]

FOssV14.png

Points Awarded: 0 ; Votes: 6 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

:slvo: Entry 5 @HelmetBoy

2e4dzsy.jpg

Points Awarded: 6 ; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.8

- x -
:bro: Entry 3 @Salman.

LSuarez_PCGMC.png
Points Awarded: 3; Votes: 1 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -
:redo: Entry 4 @Bilal45

muXzYHa.png

Points Awarded: 1; Votes: 0 ; Avg Panel Rating: 7.5

- x -

----

Panel Ratings

@Aggz
-

@Dipak

E1: 8/10
E3: 7/10
E4: 7/10
E5: 7.5/10

@Rebel2k17
E1 - 9/10
E2 - 8/10
E3 - 8/10
E4 - 8/10
E5 - 8/10

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I probably wont enter this week. I cant pull anything together. Anyone got any decent cuts of spinners?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Yeah, sort of..Pranav does the big part ntl..

fear_09

School Cricketer
oh i never saw this thread before...
sorry for postin a new question in the entries thread....
but i wanna ask how is the winner decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread