PC Members Unofficial Game Reviews

D

Dutch

Okay guys time to oragnise things a little here so that important stuff doesn't get lost. Stick any reviews you have in this thread. Not to be confused with the impressions and how are you doing thread. Expresso's post is an excellent example of what a review looks like as appossed to an impression or update. Cheers.:)

Here is the link to expressos excellently presented review:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rnational-cricket-2010-game-review-67293.html

And here is a link to Simbazz's review thread that gives both impressions and opinions about gameplay to date:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...um/england-v-australia-review-kind-67266.html

And our newest and beloved member, Bubbly Jubbly, has written an interesting review of his experiences, and as a democratic forum we value his opinion::)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-10-forum/ac09-actually-better-67295.html

And a detailed and well written review by PC member cricket_online

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...forum/ic2010-hands-gameplay-review-67400.html

Angad has also written a review:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ssions-about-game-verdict-must-buy-67422.html

Last edited by a moderator:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Though if you're writing a detailed one feel free to use a new thread and just link it in here, so it doesn't get missed (I'm sure dutchy will be up to keeping a list :p)

D

Dutch

Though if you're writing a detailed one feel free to use a new thread and just link it in here, so it doesn't get missed (I'm sure dutchy will be up to keeping a list :p)

Cheers Matt! I have got loads of time so....:p:D

Last edited by a moderator:

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay guys time to oragnise things a little here so that important stuff doesn't get lost. Stick any reviews you have in this thread. Not to be confused with the impressions and how are you doing thread. Expresso's post is an excellent example of what a review looks like as appossed to an impression or update. Cheers.:)

Here is the link to expressos excellently presented review:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rnational-cricket-2010-game-review-67293.html

And here is a link to Simbazz's review thread that gives both impressions and opinions about gameplay to date:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...um/england-v-australia-review-kind-67266.html

And our newest and beloved member, Bubbly Jubbly, has written an interesting review of his experiences, and as a democratic forum we value his opinion::)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/international-cricket-10-forum/ac09-actually-better-67295.html

thanks a lot :)

angad

Chairman of Consent
Edit: Sorry...just read Matt's post that detailed reviews/impressions need to be in a seperate thread :)

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Edit: Sorry...just read Matt's post that detailed reviews/impressions need to be in a seperate thread :)

I will link it to this page though so others can find it more easily if it goes down the page! Cheers for the detailed review!:)

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Since this is the reviews thread, I thought it'll be appropriate if I post my query here:

I don't own a 360 or PS3. (The games that I'm interested in are mostly multi-console and thus have a PC version so I don't really feel the need to have one). However beinga cricket nut, there isn't a cricket game out there that I haven't played and I want to play this one. The only way I can do that however is if I buy one of the consoles. The reviews have been good / great but the thing is that I've never really enjoyed a Codemasters cricket game alone (except '96). I love their multiplayer aspect but nothing more. Since there is no stat tracking, is there any mode or special gameplay aspect that would keep me hooked for a fair amount of time for me to justify a console purchase?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Depends on how much of a difference to you that spending that amount of money would make - if it would be months and months of saving, no, the game isn't worth that in the slightest.

Based on the reviews (I haven't played online or multiplayer offline) multiplayer on the game is flawed, offline multiplayer has no action cam (which takes a lot away from the game) and online is full of disconnects and bugs. The game is best single player against the AI.

There are a few who have bought consoles for the game - my only console for one game purchase was for the game you mentioned in your post, BLC 96 and a Mega Drive to play it on, but that was a year back, not when it cost hundreds new. The general recommendation is to go for PS3, as you at least also get a blu-ray player and don't have to pay for online.

As you seem to be a gamer more generally than just the cricket game only fans you get a lot here - there's a trend away from PCs, lots of multi-platform games are either delayed, crippled or just worse on PC, and there's a lot more games that just don't launch on PC any more (look at EA's sports games). If you can see benefits beyond just a cricket game, there might be better reason to actually purchase. But to directly answer, no. The game isn't worth a console purchase.

Dabi

Club Captain
Depends on how much of a difference to you that spending that amount of money would make - if it would be months and months of saving, no, the game isn't worth that in the slightest.

Based on the reviews (I haven't played online or multiplayer offline) multiplayer on the game is flawed, offline multiplayer has no action cam (which takes a lot away from the game) and online is full of disconnects and bugs. The game is best single player against the AI.

There are a few who have bought consoles for the game - my only console for one game purchase was for the game you mentioned in your post, BLC 96 and a Mega Drive to play it on, but that was a year back, not when it cost hundreds new. The general recommendation is to go for PS3, as you at least also get a blu-ray player and don't have to pay for online.

As you seem to be a gamer more generally than just the cricket game only fans you get a lot here - there's a trend away from PCs, lots of multi-platform games are either delayed, crippled or just worse on PC, and there's a lot more games that just don't launch on PC any more (look at EA's sports games). If you can see benefits beyond just a cricket game, there might be better reason to actually purchase. But to directly answer, no. The game isn't worth a console purchase.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Yeah I've been thinking of buying a console for about a year now but the only exclusives I'm really interested in are Nintendo's, and I already own a Wii. I agree about the delays on the PC or games being simply worse (Ubisoft); I guess the best way would be to first play the game on a friend's console and then decide whether the game coupled with other advantages is worth the purchase!

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ic 2010

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Yeah I've been thinking of buying a console for about a year now but the only exclusives I'm really interested in are Nintendo's, and I already own a Wii. I agree about the delays on the PC or games being simply worse (Ubisoft); I guess the best way would be to first play the game on a friend's console and then decide whether the game coupled with other advantages is worth the purchase!

Dabi it is not worth buying a console to buy this game,offline the game is ok but the online game is broken,disconnection issues and batting is too easy.
I am only telling you this because i know you like to play online and unless codemasters release a patch to fix these issues then i suggest you keep you money firmly in your pocket.
Ashes 09 online is actually a better game.

Dabi

Club Captain
Dabi it is not worth buying a console to buy this game,offline the game is ok but the online game is broken,disconnection issues and batting is too easy.
I am only telling you this because i know you like to play online and unless codemasters release a patch to fix these issues then i suggest you keep you money firmly in your pocket.
Ashes 09 online is actually a better game.

Thanks a bunch mate! Decision made! :)

indian 11

Club Cricketer
Well to be honest I was also thinking of buying a console just because of this game but now as I have read all the reviews about online game, no way I am gonna buy it in near future. I may buy console in next 2-3 months but definetly not becuz of this game which has really flawed online game and more so the unproffessional attitude which code masters have shown.

P Squared

International Coach
Well to be honest I was also thinking of buying a console just because of this game but now as I have read all the reviews about online game, no way I am gonna buy it in near future. I may buy console in next 2-3 months but definetly not becuz of this game which has really flawed online game and more so the unproffessional attitude which code masters have shown.

Well you should buy a console if you like GTA, FIFA type games but not if you like cricket games.

Users who are viewing this thread