[PCCL 2010] Feedback Thread

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now, it may or may not seem obvious, but the PlanetCricket CricSim League is not seemingly as popular or active as it once was. This has come to the attention of the Cricsim Mods who are looking at ways of reviving the competition, such as shortening the length of the season, introducing playoffs and reducing the number of matches.

I have decided to start this thread to see what the ordinary members of the league think could/should be done to revive interest in this potentially fantastic competition.

Don't be afraid to suggest radical ideas, I'm sure all will be welcomed by those up on high! Even the idea of a complete reset!

As someone who was involved in the very first CricSim season back in Dec05-Mar06, it is sad to see it in the state that its currently in, so any ideas will be welcomed :)

Cheers.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Good thread Rhys. Tbh, i really don't know what to say. :p But it's the effect of the about-to-begin PCPL. Once it's over, the PCCL love is back.

Maybe more cups and competitions?

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Good thread Rhys. Tbh, i really don't know what to say. :p But it's the effect of the about-to-begin PCPL. Once it's over, the PCCL love is back.

Maybe more cups and competitions?

Yes, I know the PCPL-effect has reduced the activity at the close of the PCCL season, but there has been terminal decline in the interest. Look at the decreasing number of posts around.

Of course, it could be a syndrome the forums are experiencing as a whole, but I don't think so.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Make sure the games are updated on time's a start;)

We need to get members, not just cricsim players, regulary wanting to see the scores of the match. Maybe not restrict cricsim to just the cricsim forum, on the home page maybe get people to right reports about games etc.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Err..i think he was talking about Cricsim, specifically.

Sohum's sim will be a hit, sure.

But rhys, Maybe we can include post for average like in PCPL? And some T25? I see a lot of attraction when there are major events happening like the Ashes. Maybe we can have World cup, Champions trophy and more short tournaments to enhance the forum?

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Right my thoughts on this,

• Reduce the number of games
  • Re shuffle the teams
  • Maybe create new teams?

These are a couple of things that I reckon should be changed. I also think maybe a reduction in the teams with a re draft? The one problem that Cricsim has it the delays in the games, I mean we had an unscheduled break a third of the way through the season and we are playing games now that should have been played 10 days ago.

In no way am I trying to say that the simmers are doing a rubbish job, they do a really good job. But when we go out of sync so often people will start to lose interest which is what's being seen now.

holdenator added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Right my thoughts on this,

• Reduce the number of games
  • Re shuffle the teams
  • Maybe create new teams?

These are a couple of things that I reckon should be changed. I also think maybe a reduction in the teams with a re draft? The one problem that Cricsim has it the delays in the games, I mean we had an unscheduled break a third of the way through the season and we are playing games now that should have been played 10 days ago.

In no way am I trying to say that the simmers are doing a rubbish job, they do a really good job. But when we go out of sync so often people will start to lose interest which is what's being seen now.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Overkill has killed it. Only solution is to ban all leagues and any rival competition.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
It's no different to how it was when it was active. Keeping it the same is the answer. It'll pick up.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I understand that the simmers have "lives" (they gotta make money somehow, so being lap dancers is ok), but I think the big delays in the games being simmed has alot to do with it.

Also I don't think the PCPL Season 3 talk should have started till after the Cricsim league ended.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One thing I have to say hasn't helped in the organisational side of things is having Dean disappear without saying much at all. I didn't want to sim this season and I've ended up doing the majority, and hence I've been late on numerous ocassions.

And OD round 12 will be up tomorrow.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
CricSim is pretty much one of the busiest (sometimes) forum on PlanetCricket, or has been between game cycles. Shorter season, more variety such as International.

Simbazz added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

I understand that the simmers have "lives" (they gotta make money somehow, so being lap dancers is ok), but I think the big delays in the games being simmed has alot to do with it.

Also I don't think the PCPL Season 3 talk should have started till after the Cricsim league ended.

Not that I need to go into detail, or really say anything but I needed to get it started and was cleared to do so by Dean. The PCPL is nothing to do with this topic. We are our own league.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
I would have to say.. Post the game on time, the past 5 rounds or so haven't been posted until days after they finish, the FC matches get posted the day after they were supposed to finish (so 4 or 5 days late..) and so people just lose interest. My last FC match was scheduled for the 14th-18th and wasn't posted until the 22nd..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread