PCPL - Discussion Thread (All Owners READ!!)

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Barmy's Announcement.

Sounds good, hopefully teams will make this draft go quick, can't wait. :)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Does that mean each team will only play 3 games in the PCPL this season?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Where did you get that idea from?
3 games and 3 rounds make 9 matches and that's before the playoffs and finals.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Ahh I get it now... I was just thinking about the draft. Is it possible we can have like a fair play agreement where if a member has declared his interest in a club and they have agreed to try and sign him that other clubs can leave off him? I'm just wondering cos there have been a few players to say they would like to come to TT and i'm sure others have sad they want to go to different clubs.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Which is what we're doing with SS (We didn't realise that they were after Therbs). I don't think there should be a rule, most teams would do it anyway. And if a player wanted to leave so much then they could just quit.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ahh I get it now... I was just thinking about the draft. Is it possible we can have like a fair play agreement where if a member has declared his interest in a club and they have agreed to try and sign him that other clubs can leave off him? I'm just wondering cos there have been a few players to say they would like to come to TT and i'm sure others have sad they want to go to different clubs.

we thought about this and we're not going to make a rule. You can try making the other team owners aware of who you're after but whoever that player is drafted to first will get them. As others have said there is the transfer period but teams are under no obligation to trade players who ended up at the "wrong" club.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Just to add to Colin's post, we're trying to get teams to participate fairly, and within the spirit of the PCPL. Adding a rule here wouldn't achieve that, this is best left to teams, and for the betterment of the PCPL, hopefully owners continue their so-far fair game.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Hey, I'm just wondering why the PCPL runners went for a 2 Division comp over a 8 team comp (much like the IPL) I think it would be more fun playing each team twice then top 4 do KO or something, was just thinking about it, or maybe there was a specific reason for the 2 division comp. Thanks.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Hey, I'm just wondering why the PCPL runners went for a 2 Division comp over a 8 team comp (much like the IPL) I think it would be more fun playing each team twice then top 4 do KO or something, was just thinking about it, or maybe there was a specific reason for the 2 division comp. Thanks.

Thank you for your suggestion,

It will certainly be brought on-board :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
We went for two divisions to reward the teams who were top 4 last season especially with two new teams joining.
Basically, as with the int players, trying to reduce the random nature of cricsim.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Thank you for your suggestion,

It will certainly be brought on-board :)

Cool, I think it would be great.

We went for two divisions to reward the teams who were top 4 last season especially with two new teams joining.
Basically, as with the int players, trying to reduce the random nature of cricsim.

OK, thanks for the quick reply.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Quick question - the bonuses for posting in Match Threads. Do they only apply for your own team's match thread, or in all match threads in general?

Users who are viewing this thread