Percent of Game Done?

sands_ned

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They know what the bugs are at this point because they are rather apparent. Enough of the game hasn't been completed for it to be tested by other members because they know they're not going to get positive comments at this stage. If anything, it will make them indifferent about making this game. Bottom line, just wait. I do think legend_master and jkartik have day jobs so you can't expect this to take priority.

It is rather absurd to have a community testing release with the intention of getting only positive comments. They should relish the fact of getting any feedback at all. After all, negative feedback is better than no feedback. This info can be used to better the game.
You do know what its like to build someone's hopes up for long time only to disappoint them....right?
Anyone who has worked with software development should have enough experience to know that not all bugs apparent. In fact, the most serious ones only show up after significant testing.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
It is rather absurd to have a community testing release with the intention of getting only positive comments. They should relish the fact of getting any feedback at all. After all, negative feedback is better than no feedback. This info can be used to better the game.
You do know what its like to build someone's hopes up for long time only to disappoint them....right?
Anyone who has worked with software development should have enough experience to know that not all bugs apparent. In fact, the most serious ones only show up after significant testing.
There is a difference between bugs that weren't apparent and bugs that are due to not being finished programming. No point in giving other people the chance to point out bugs that were already known.

sands_ned

School Cricketer
There is a difference between bugs that weren't apparent and bugs that are due to not being finished programming. No point in giving other people the chance to point out bugs that were already known.

That is very true about bugs due to unfinished coding. But this is beyond my point as I was referring to likelihood of alpha tests or beta tests; neither of which the developers have indicated their being a possibility of. There is a difference between making a game in a big company and going indie. Mainly the resources available for testing.

However, it does not matter as to whether bugs were known or not. This problem is eliminated with a bug tracking system, such as bugzilla.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
The benefit of having a community-based game is that you are not tied to "patches" once bugs emerge. Hence, testing is really irrelevant if L_M plans to continue development post-release, because even the release will be part of the testing plan. Sort of like Google's perennial beta releases.

chaitanyaraghav

Club Cricketer
I'm a new member here and saw that this game was in the making for a long (long) time. It would sure suck if you *just* release it only to disappoint your fans. What you should do it put together a release theme and give members of pc an opportunity to test it out. Because a group of 10 people can't find all most of the bugs.

previously i didnt know how cricket games were coded but after following up with TAOC i guess now everyone knows how difficult it is actually to a perfect cricket game nd also everyone knows how hard LM is working to make the game.
hence i dont feel that people get dissappointed if there are bugs because it is not an EA release where u cannot expect updates or patches officially as LM will be fixing bugs later!!!

Neo95

Club Cricketer
All i hope is that this project shouldn't be abandoned:noway

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
it wont

obviously bro
hes more than half way done with it, hes been working all these years on it, whats the point of giving up?

iZeeshan

Club Cricketer
They hype about this game seems to be very good, so please guys don't rush it. I'd rather wait then get an incomplete game like the EA Cricket games.

Can't wait for this though!

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
All the best to the Game Development Team to bring out a great Cricket game to rival all its counterparts! :happy

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
wow! this game rocks! i've just visited the official site and i'm amazed by what i seen

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread