GOLF PGA Tour 2K23

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Deluxe and Tiger Woods editions due out October 11. Standard version due out October 14.

Woods is one of 14 male and female pro golfers available to play when PGA Tour 2K23 is released - including Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris, and Brooke Henderson - but 2K also announced that free DLC would add to this roster down the line.

The game also includes 20 licensed courses at launch including the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, The Renaissance Club, St. George’s Golf and Country Club and more.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Question is how much better this is graphically than the current game.Given how quickly its coming out I am worried its just a paint job either way i will get it but when its discounted.£49.99 is a bit out of my range for a golf game.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Question is how much better this is graphically than the current game.Given how quickly its coming out I am worried its just a paint job either way i will get it but when its discounted.£49.99 is a bit out of my range for a golf game.
I had the same question, although it has been two years since the last game, so they've had plenty of time to improve things.

I also will wait till a sale, and I won't buy any of the DLC or the deluxe editions. I have no interest in fancy clothing. and what the hell are "consumable golf ball sleeves"?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Steam prices are $59.99 for Standard Edition, $99.99 for Deluxe Edition, and $119.99 for Tiger Woods Edition.

No way am I paying $60, I'll stick to 2K21.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
A fella called apex hound has played the game and he confirms only minor improvements on the graphics.He puts it down to the graphics engine they use.They have also added a type of 3 click system- wonder why?
There seems enough changes to justify a new game.He has a giveaway that I have entered maybe I will get lucky.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I'll have to check out Apex Hound.
I know the three click swing method is popular. I much prefer using the gamepad stick.
A bit of trivia: Jeremy Wellard, who founded HB Studios, worked on some of the EA cricket games, and before that, on the CodeMasters and Audiogenic cricket games. I remember conversing with him a little back then.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m keeping my eye on this one , out of interest in career mode can you assign community created courses to tournaments ? So for example the Spring major championship you can assign the community created Augusta which looks very good ?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I’m keeping my eye on this one , out of interest in career mode can you assign community created courses to tournaments ? So for example the Spring major championship you can assign the community created Augusta which looks very good ?
From what I've read, you can't replace major championships, but you can replace the ones in between.

This is from an Operation Sports article:

In addition, one other “small” element I’m happy to share is that those “fill-in” tournaments that existed in PGA Tour 2K21 can now be edited by you so you can bring in custom courses to fill those spots if you want to. In other words, the official tournaments will stay where they are and can’t be changed, but you have the creative license to play around with the other tournaments that are not real and tweak them to your liking.

I did not get to see this aspect with my own eyes, but I believe you can also change these as the career progresses, so it’s not like you have to lock in all these new tournaments at the start of the season.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
From what I've read, you can't replace major championships, but you can replace the ones in between.

This is from an Operation Sports article:

In addition, one other “small” element I’m happy to share is that those “fill-in” tournaments that existed in PGA Tour 2K21 can now be edited by you so you can bring in custom courses to fill those spots if you want to. In other words, the official tournaments will stay where they are and can’t be changed, but you have the creative license to play around with the other tournaments that are not real and tweak them to your liking.

I did not get to see this aspect with my own eyes, but I believe you can also change these as the career progresses, so it’s not like you have to lock in all these new tournaments at the start of the season.
This is very good news and many thanks for sharing

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
This has lots of detail about what's new in the game. He makes a good case, and is close to persuading me to get it on release, which is annoying!

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
This has lots of detail about what's new in the game. He makes a good case, and is close to persuading me to get it on release, which is annoying!

Thanks for sharing, I’m in the same boat, very tempted by this , looks like we’ll be getting a steady flow of information pre release too , and hopefully a fair bit more this weekend with tour championship on …

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I don't play golf, although I live in a condo that's on a golf course. I could learn, but I have back injuries that scare me off. So when it comes to golf videogames, I'm just a hacker. It sounds like 2K23 is more realistic than 2K21. That makes me think that I'll be happy with 2K21 until 2K23 goes on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread