GOLF PGA Tour 2K23

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Managed to get it for £20 through a combination of greenman gaming and quidco. First impressions does seem graphically better not sure about gameplay seems very similar. Three click is not for me prefer the other way feels like you are in more control.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I see that the game is $38.99 in the autumn Steam sale. That's not low enough to tempt me. It has a "mixed" rating on Steam, and the reviews I've seen don't have me convinced that it's worth the upgrade from 2K21.

I'd like to know what those who have the game think of it.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I think its great but its really just an upgrade rather wholesale improvements but i am not a golfer so wouldn't necessarily understand what is and isn't realistic within the game.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I think its great but its really just an upgrade rather wholesale improvements but i am not a golfer so wouldn't necessarily understand what is and isn't realistic within the game.
I know what you're saying, I'm not a golfer either. You clearly did well getting the game for 20 pounds (that $24 here). I'm happy to wait it out.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Think I might take finally get this game , can anyone tell me what career mode is like, can you map user created courses to majors in career mode , so for the spring major map Augusta to that tournament?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
You can add your schedule i believe though I haven't done it .Augusta is a bit of a sore point with this game they have removed custom courses of augusta but they do get re released under other names only to be removed again.You have to be lucky to find it.Once found favourite it and it will always be there even if removed from then main search.Dont let this put you off though. Enjoyable game.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You can add your schedule i believe though I haven't done it .Augusta is a bit of a sore point with this game they have removed custom courses of augusta but they do get re released under other names only to be removed again.You have to be lucky to find it.Once found favourite it and it will always be there even if removed from then main search.Dont let this put you off though. Enjoyable game.
Thanks for this info , very reassuring, am going to purchase shortly

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Bought the game , it’s really enjoyable but I’m finding timing the ball tough but i suppose it should be, lots of upgrades and skills info to master , but definitely glad I got it

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Just bought it on Green Man Gaming for $26. That's £21 .ion old money. Haven't had a chance to do anything except what I always do first when I buy a game - turn off the music. I'm looking forward to taking my first shots tomorrow.

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Just bought it on Green Man Gaming for $26. That's £21 .ion old money. Haven't had a chance to do anything except what I always do first when I buy a game - turn off the music. I'm looking forward to taking my first shots tomorrow.
That’s a very good price , I got the deluxe edition for £44 on PS store , was meant to be playing a real round of golf yesterday but that got cancelled due to snow and would have cost £50 green fee , so suppose I’m £6 better off !

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Might be of interest, EA doing PGA Tour gameplay preview on their YouTube channel tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread