Not open for further replies.

Princess Saffron

Top Hun
Ireland
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
England
What I believe is that the mods are doing a very good job of keeping the forums clean. I've seen other forums where people tend to take the 'make yourself at home' point too seriously that led to a good potential site falling apart.

One of the things I appreciate about this site is the clean, clear and adoptable set of rules. No rules, and downfall starts.
I like the rules too! :thumbs

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
In my experience that ones who are the most vocal after being removed from the forums are usually the ones who have been caught with their pants down and have explicitly contravened one or more of the site rules, knowing full well that they were doing so. They harbour a certain amount of resentment towards the place because they are salty that they got caught red-handed and then proceed to become hung up on how much they've been hard done.

This is why an impression is created that the moderation team is unjust because we never usually hear from those who accept their bans because they realise they were in the wrong and they accept it and see out the period quietly without much fuss.
Bottom line is the people who want to slander the staff are the only people you are going to hear from so I can see where this all stems from.

Also bear in mind that we don't ban people right off the bat just for trolling, it often takes the form of a polite pointer first after which comes a warning and so on and so forth. If I'm not mistaken the only issues we take cast-iron hard line on are piracy and also possibly spamming third party links/advertisements.
I've been inactive for a while but I can think of a few users in the past who we tried to accommodate and tolerate as much as we could yet they carried on abusing that to the point where the staff had no other choice.
Everything is dealt with on a case by case basis and we definitely do not relish the prospect of banning people that's for sure.

It's not unrealistic to expect people to act with a certain level of decorum, yes that is subjective but there definitely is a common ground and most people that go against this know full well that they're doing so and shouldn't be surprised when they're called out on it.
We don't exist for the purpose of suppressing expression we exist to keep this environment as civil and welcoming as possible.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
Not surprised all forums are dying
Trolling & multis are a by-product of moderators and their moderation tactics to be precise
Looking at the amount of trolling that has been rising constant since 2017 shows how the system in general is failing even Reddit has made moderators obsolete
@Coven so which multiple account are you a product off? For someone that joined Jan 7, 2021 you think you know PlanetCricket like the back of your own hand.

Are you perhaps A multi of Dakota, Scarlet, Adelaide?

Note to yourself Dakota, if you get banned from multiple Cricket game and discussions sites, maybe ... just maybe ... the problem might not be with the sites you are getting banned from ;)

D

Deleted member 202729

In my experience that ones who are the most vocal after being removed from the forums are usually the ones who have been caught with their pants down and have explicitly contravened one or more of the site rules, knowing full well that they were doing so. They harbour a certain amount of resentment towards the place because they are salty that they got caught red-handed and then proceed to become hung up on how much they've been hard done.

This is why an impression is created that the moderation team is unjust because we never usually hear from those who accept their bans because they realise they were in the wrong and they accept it and see out the period quietly without much fuss.
Bottom line is the people who want to slander the staff are the only people you are going to hear from so I can see where this all stems from.

Also bear in mind that we don't ban people right off the bat just for trolling, it often takes the form of a polite pointer first after which comes a warning and so on and so forth. If I'm not mistaken the only issues we take cast-iron hard line on are piracy and also possibly spamming third party links/advertisements.
I've been inactive for a while but I can think of a few users in the past who we tried to accommodate and tolerate as much as we could yet they carried on abusing that to the point where the staff had no other choice.
Everything is dealt with on a case by case basis and we definitely do not relish the prospect of banning people that's for sure.

It's not unrealistic to expect people to act with a certain level of decorum, yes that is subjective but there definitely is a common ground and most people that go against this know full well that they're doing so and shouldn't be surprised when they're called out on it.
We don't exist for the purpose of suppressing expression we exist to keep this environment as civil and welcoming as possible.
Would disagree
Yes you do in the form of multis, trolling, hence everyone on the forum suffers
Order has been lost

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Would disagree
Yes you do in the form of multis, trolling, hence everyone on the forum suffers
Order has been lost

Solid job ignoring this...
@Coven so which multiple account are you a product off? For someone that joined Jan 7, 2021 you think you know PlanetCricket like the back of your own hand.

Note to yourself Dakota, if you get banned from multiple Cricket game and discussions sites, maybe ... just maybe ... the problem might not be with the sites you are getting banned from ;)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Really wanna close this thread. I suggest the creator of it considers it. @Dutch

ee15637ba76ba75d27b5174e1f75f870.jpg

D

Deleted member 202729

I will be sure to pass the message on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread