PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

Fetchthatone

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wii Motion Plus

Will Ashes Cricket 09 feature this when it is released for the Nintendo Wii? It would be great if it did.

formula1man

International Cricketer
Will Ashes Cricket 09 feature this when it is released for the Nintendo Wii? It would be great if it did.

No i remember reading somewhere there won't be because the developer thought that the casual gamer would find it too hard to adjust to it or something. There was a logical reason behind it.

jim555

School Cricketer
one thing that always annoyed me about brian lara 07 when a spinner was on if the batsman played and missed or just left the ball it would spin to first slip and he caught it with his right hand every time. will this be fixed?

kersnort

School Cricketer
The main thing that annoyed me about BL 07, is when u left the ball , it would always result in a loss of confidence. So really u were getting penialised for playing sensibly, i hope this is not a feature of AC09

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The main thing that annoyed me about BL 07, is when u left the ball , it would always result in a loss of confidence. So really u were getting penialised for playing sensibly, i hope this is not a feature of AC09

Yeps, that was bloody annoying!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Actually one of main gripes wasn't the confidence thing it was the length problems. Yorker length deliveries hit the top of off and everything else seemed to go over. The green good length ball was always too short to actually hit the stumps.
Physics-wise the deliveries were very loopy too - not sure that's been fixed from the videos.

Eon

Club Cricketer
yea, i found that really annoying my self. bowling at 150km/h and it still loopy. Would be cool since with that system they have implemented which is "like choosing clubs in golf games" if one was to hit to pitch harder then normal... like and effort ball. which you can only use like a special delivery like the bouncers and yorkers from older versions. but instead of it deing a bouncer at the head, it would be more like glen macgrath's bouncer. just a little shorter in length but a lot more bounce then normal.
but heres to dreaming lol

The_COD_Father

School Cricketer
anything on bat and kit manufacturers as yet? I would love to see the new adidas and gunn and moore bats is the game.
Also, any news yet for downloadable content for the game?

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
would love to get a really detailed review from barmy and steve like they did with blic open day.... Pleas try to get as many screenshots as possible. Also try to get a solid release date and demo release from codies.....

P.S: Well it is just a question which creep ointo my mind every time i hear bout a open day.. so i'll ask, Well the Ashesh Cricket 2009 would be installed on the pc that would play the game. So ther is a possibility that someone involved in the co ordinating of the event might copy the game on his flash drive during night and leak it, as most of the game work fine by just copying from one pc to another as long as you have the original disc.:D.. Moreover, ther might be a disc lying around at the event building using which they would have installed the game on the pcs. So try to slip one or more whil they give you a exclusive tour barmy:p

DAmnnnn, cant wait. I wish they release a demo tommorow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread