PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Weak middle order of Australia. Haha right!

If a team struggles to score 200 odd runs in a ODI against Pakistans current team which has not played cricket for over a year, then the middle order of that team deserve to be criticised... You just cannot comare this team to the team of 5 year back when Aus have Lange and Haydos at opening and Martyn and gilly down the order. Thats a middle order which you can call strong.. Compared to that and even comparing to South Africa, Australia's current middle order is really week..

To Tom: Well i did let myself little loose thei:pr. I know it wont happen for sometime in any cricket game unless the producer of ASHES cricket 09 read this post(He seems to be a cricket nut;)) Even though the game looks really solid gameplay wise if they managed to execute everything they mentioned bout batting controls and bowling controls.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
The game IS coming out on Wii, but after the game is released on PS3,360,PC.

Also great Q+A, I'm trying to keep a lid on this game, but it's hard not to get excited!

Yeah, I just saw the other thread. Let's just hope you can play reasonable strokes unlike the crap Beach Cricket games some companies dish up.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
hmmm.....i'll be more than happy if they live up to what they claiming.....

but past experiences tell me not to get too excited...

curse my negativity...but this situation feels all too familiar to the BLIC05 pre-release days where
"Facts of the Day" and interviews suggested it would be the best cricket
game ever and the results are there for everyone to see....

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
If a team struggles to score 200 odd runs in a ODI against Pakistans current team which has not played cricket for over a year, then the middle order of that team deserve to be criticised... You just cannot comare this team to the team of 5 year back when Aus have Lange and Haydos at opening and Martyn and gilly down the order. Thats a middle order which you can call strong.. Compared to that and even comparing to South Africa, Australia's current middle order is really week..

The pitches was pretty hard to play cricket on apart from the last match. We weren't even using a full strength side so i'll ignore you from now on.

formula1man

International Cricketer
i pleased that the AI has been improved tactically, but will it actually be more difficult? It was soo easy to get people out on BLC 07. It was like they wanted to get out. All you had to do was bowl a good length and they would self destruct. Pacing wasn't my Issue, difficulty was, so lets hope its harder

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Me too:p As i just used weak Aussies middle order to create the pressure atmospher in the scenario i was narrating.. So dont get worked up for nothing.. But everyone in the forum knows that Aussie middle order is no longer the best in the world.:banana2

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
No word on a date for a demo yet, expect it a few weeks before the release date (based on previous trends).

With the questions, keep in mind that significant features are unlikely to not have been mentioned.

Finally, you are talking about the game itself here, not current matches etc. Discussing the lineups of actual sides isn't needed in this thread. Stay on the topic to make it easier for people to find the information about the game.

Allrounder18

Banned
Posted via Mobile Device
Is there any skill and abilities of players going up and down as we play more?(something like a career mode in ICC games had)

Are there any more bowling actions and new batting shots in this game?

Allrounder18 added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh one more thing are there any stats tracking this time?

Huegel

School Cricketer
Excellent interview.
I'm glad to hear that they say Tests are no longer going to be ODIs in white.
Also, it sounds like there is going to a domestic cricket focused release later too. Sounds very promising all round. Roll on July. :)

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Well the one and only thing at the moment that might let people down is the lack of depth. It'll be awesome with more stadiums and also domestic tourniments like ipl. I'll be getting this on ps3 unless we can immensly edit the game on pc like EA sports

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
I thing there players might develop in the game.. If you read carefully, Codies have said that the player have to develop bowler's skills to unlock more deliveries:clap:clap So you should get a hint from that... By the way, Stats tracking would be a handy addition...:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread