PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well the one and only thing at the moment that might let people down is the lack of depth. It'll be awesome with more stadiums and also domestic tourniments like ipl. I'll be getting this on ps3 unless we can immensly edit the game on pc like EA sports

It's still going to be all teams all formats of the game, just that the Ashes is licenced. You'll still be able to play test match series etc. I'm sure there will be an un-licensed World Cup (World Championship) Mode.

stevo1

Club Cricketer
hmmm.....i'll be more than happy if they live up to what they claiming.....

but past experiences tell me not to get too excited...

curse my negativity...but this situation feels all too familiar to the BLIC05 pre-release days where
"Facts of the Day" and interviews suggested it would be the best cricket
game ever and the results are there for everyone to see....

Pretty much agree with everything you have said.

C.Gayle

Banned
very good interview:happy .....but will the game live upto our expectations?..
My questions are
1)Shall we choose the batting powerplay inside the game or we've to choose it outside itself?
2)What about players celebrations?
3)Bowling action?
4)Can we see the scorecard of 1st innings while playing 2nd innings or just the summary?:mad
5)How about the tailenders?are they the same crap or they would survive the innings?
6)Third umpire decision animated? i.e players waiting for the on-screen decisions....how about hotspots?
7)Review systems implemented?
8)Players statistics updated frequently?
9)Will we have a option to make the keeper to come up near the stumps,while medium pacers bowling?
10)Can we have a option to change between helmets and caps while batting?

eagerly waiting for the second interview.....

formula1man

International Cricketer
Yeah all that is nice, but im praying the game has a high difficulty setting instead of bowling a team out in 10 overs

Highlander999

ICC President
Yes. If Codies can get the Holy Grail of cricket games, and make it so that the AI is as realistic as possible, they could make so much revenue out of this. The shorter forms of the game will keep the new cricket fans happy, whilst us experienced cricket lovers will be able to enjoy realistic test matches, where you are rewarded for good bowling and sensible batting.

Is nice to know that they read the forum, EA could probably learn a thing or two from Codies, regarding customer relations.

Random question. How much advertising do you plan on doing for this game? I remember seeing quite a few adverts on TV for BLIC 07. Considering this is looking like it will be a lot better than it, I am guessing we will be seeing lots of Ashes 09 adverts floating around ;) (Basically I am wondering how many people this will attract to Planetcricket ;))

Last edited:

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Please ask them how deep is the player editing option?? I dont wanna see just 16 odd generic heads like BLIC07, IT should be more detailed where we can alter face,cheeks,mouth,beard,hair,nose,eyes etc so that we could easily create the correct players for unlicensed teams.;)

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
Please ask them how deep is the player editing option?? I dont wanna see just 16 odd generic heads like BLIC07, IT should be more detailed where we can alter face,cheeks,mouth,beard,hair,nose,eyes etc so that we could easily create the correct players for unlicensed teams.;)

like as EA??
BTW the Q&A impressed me,a must buy for this year;)

shan111

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very impressive Q&A session.. Thanks Matt.
I am a bit confused about the frontfott-backfoot shot selction the mentioned about. Will there be a system in place that you can actually play a ball on backfoot which was meant to be played on frontfoot? I mean, will there be a separate stroke set for this kind of thing?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is there any chance that this could run on my GeForce FX 5500 or a Radeon X200 :p !

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Oh dear, I've become mildly excited over the game it better not dissapoint it sounds brilliant so far.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Apologies if this question has been asked, but will there be stats for ashes mode etc, offline and online?

max_dillon2007

School Cricketer
Download the interview video from gamspot and listen carefully;);) Jamie firth mentionede clearly that their will be Powerplay and Freehit in T20 and the music will play when we hit 6 or 4 in a T20... However he didnt make it clear whether ther will be cheerleaders or not:p:p:D:D

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
This is going to be great game, nice interview Matt.

My only question is, will there be manual LBW appealing buttun?

Users who are viewing this thread