PlanetCricket Ashes Cricket 2009 Q&A

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah its there:p and a manual sledging button too:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Manual appealing isn't in AC 2009, but it isn't to be laughed at, because if I remember rightly it was a feature of Cricket 97 and was hyped for Cricket 2005.

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi matt great Q & A is planetcricet getting some differant pictures and may be a vidieo

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm very impressed with the Q&A too. As someone said EA could certainly learn a lot from Codies. I think inevitably people will always demand more bells and whistles but the absolute must for me is solid gameplay (preferably that we can tweak as that adds considerably to the lifespan of the EA games).

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
one thing which keeps my hope on AI of this game is,

In Interview said:
We've also tuned the batting to try and get away from it being the 'slog fest' of previous titles

which means they are pretty much aware of their own drawback and am sure that there will be improvement in it. :)

My question would be,

My Question said:
Well, with the features mentioned, it is nice to know that 'A Positive Step ' had been taken in AC09. Also, with the mention of AC10 where further details on full Australian stadiums would be present,

a) what are the chances for your development team/project team to take up the challenge of covering the other stadiums like subcontinent ones especially Indian stadiums, West Indies stadiums etc? Its a known fact that cricket has been more than a religion here in nations like India.

b) Any chances of implementing season modes or manager modes in future release ( i.e in AC10 )? Lara99 version indeed had season mode.. Since it is a benchmark for other versions, how are the chances for the project team to implement such modes? :)

;)

surendar added 4 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Manual appealing isn't in AC 2009, but it isn't to be laughed at, because if I remember rightly it was a feature of Cricket 97 and was hyped for Cricket 2005.

It was patched and made possible in C04.. I don't know why patching of the same wasn't possible in C05 :cool:

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It didn't really work patched in c2k4. You had to appeal before you bowled the delivery!

Atleast, something is better than nothing :p

Also,

in Q&A said:
HS: We're often on the PlanetCricket forums looking at all the feedback on the previous cricket titles, and of course BLIC 07. One of the reasons for starting with a brand new code-base was to address a lot of these issues.

I am very keen to know their user names in PC :spy To be serious, this is a pride moment of our PC forums because it had turned the attention of developers to take a good positive step towards the development.

Also on a side note, I doubt whether Anil Kumble also have the habit of looking here.. The thread, Kumbe to retire started just few days back before he announced his retirement. ( just kidding :p ) How many more will be having their eyes on this PC forum silently! :D No matter as only the good things seem to have resulted.

in Q&A said:
The last few months have been a lot of fun: the conspiracy theories, the speculations.

:laugh EA things were more ;)

Bibu07

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sir Ian Botham, Shane Warne, Tony Greig, Ian Bishop and Jonathan Agnew.
Well I had to read it 5 times before i got the point. Better get some sleep.
Anyway on topic, 4 commentators is a good deal. Also will be nice to hear new voices.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I wanna know if we will be able to see the ball land in the crowd because in the last 2 games the ball just goes high but never land in the crowd:mad:...it was boring.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
It was patched and made possible in C04.. I don't know why patching of the same wasn't possible in C05 :cool:
It is possible but the window for appealing would be very very small, so there is no real use of it.

I wanna know if we will be able to see the ball land in the crowd because in the last 2 games the ball just goes high but never land in the crowd:mad:...it was boring.

Yeah, there probably wasnt any collision detection for the stadiums. Its only a minor issue. Time spent on it would be better spent on creating more stadiums.

calii 123

School Cricketer
ashes 09

guys, does the ashes 2009 only have 2 teams if so that is really bad

coolz_hari

International Coach
i am really expecting a game like BL99 . I played 99 & 2007 just now. frankly i loved the 99 version only. Still that is the best version of cricket game from codies.

I am hoping to see a change in the camera angle.I really don't wanna see Dynamic camera view ,view from top is the best view like in Ea c2k07

ganapati

School Cricketer
Nice Interview! Hopefully, it will live upto everyone's expectations without any glitches like last time.

My Questions:

- Are controls editable like last time?

- Is their any change to camera angles or did it change this time and or have you added more to it?

- You have mentioned that stadia covers from all over the world. In that sense, does each stadia area differs from the other? For example, Australian grounds are much larger than any other grounds say, England or India.

- You have certainly seem to have improved bowling but, in batting you mentioned only about front foot and back foot selection. Well, when a batman mistime a shot using advaced hit shot would it also depend on how hard the batsman hits? This basically asks whether there is a "Power Gauge" implemented which depends on how hard it is hit rather than whether its an advaced shot or normal shot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread