Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1671639820536.png

Here is the list of shortlisted nominations for the community voting. They are divided into cricket awards and forum/members awards. A member can cast six votes, three of which must be selected from the cricket awards category and three from the forum/members awards category. Out of which, the top 3 will be picked from cricket awards, and the top 6 will be chosen from forum/members* awards.

Cricket Awards

T20 League Player of the Year
Best commentator
Worst commentator
Most improved cricketer
Best Jersey
Worst Jersey

Forum/Members Awards

Best Draft
Post of the year
Cricket Leagues Maverick
PlanetCricket Ambassador of the year
Best comeback member
The Innovator
The underappreciated member
Best presenter in the league section
The controversy of the year
Best AMA thread
The sledger​

*A minimum of 4 votes is required for a nomination to be included in final nominations and voting.

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Wasn't there something like this before?
Mafia player?
We have had this in the previous year, post of the year.

Mafia player - I'm not sure if this was there in earlier seasons. I referred to previous edition

Bevab

Staff Member
The T20 League POTY award would feel very redundant in non-WC years as most T20Is played then are meaningless. Feels like it’d be better off being an offshoot of the main T20I POTY award in WC years alone.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Why not have all? We have been having these awards for years. Adding a few awards every years wouldn't disturb the equilibrium, would it?

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Why not have all? We have been having these awards for years. Adding a few awards every years wouldn't disturb the equilibrium, would it?
Earlier we have these, as the time passes we have to add and remove certain categories as per the forum activity. But yes, i have included what all are ideal from the nominations and removed which are little negative in the forum/member category.

Bevab

Staff Member

Several of these just feel like ‘meet the new boss, same as the old boss’. Variants of what we already have in a sense. The one about appreciation in particular is very obviously going to go to someone who is already well heralded like every time it has been done in other places. :spy

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Noted on your responses Bevab & Manish. Here's my selection:

Cricket Awards
Best commentator
Worst commentator
Best Jersey

Forum/Members Awards
PlanetCricket Ambassador of the year
Best comeback member
The underappreciated member

Just a side note on "The sledger". Don't think we need to promote this category. Not a big fan of having sledgers rewarded for their stuff on a text based forum. If we were actually playing real matches, then rewarding banter that changed the outcome of a game would have been welcome.

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Three more days left. The voting for final nominations will close on December 29th, 2022, at 5:30 PM GMT / 11:00 PM IST.

Bevab

Staff Member
Just a side note on "The sledger". Don't think we need to promote this category. Not a big fan of having sledgers rewarded for their stuff on a text based forum. If we were actually playing real matches, then rewarding banter that changed the outcome of a game would have been welcome.

I have no idea what it is even supposed to mean as we have no such people on this forum. :DWe’d need to import a bunch of them from other sites for it to be a category.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Apologies for missing the voting. However my nominations put forward were snubbed or perhaps mistakenly left out, all three nominations.

In all good faith I refuse to participate in a process that refuse to acknowledge certain members.

That being said congrats to pending recipients and the guys that put together the Awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread