FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Your keeper's having a very mixed game Chewie :p

4 catches, 1 dropped catch and conceded 12 byes.

And we had a good partnership going following the two quick wickets of Oldroyd and Yousif before Whiteman got himself out after a 32 run partnership with Omara.

End of over 37 (5 runs) - Hedger's Team(132-7) RR 3.57
F. Bollinger 1 (3b) , V. Omara 64 (115b) , A. Donaghy 9-1-28-1

If Omara stays in, I could well make 170.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
All out 153. Not the best but considering we were 43/4 at one stage, I think we did alright.

End of over 44 (1 run) - Hedger's Team(153-10) RR 3.48
F. Tindall 6 (4b) , M. Connor 6.2-1-26-2

Pretty disappointing effort though.

Murch 9 (28)
Omara 78 (143)
Pettinger 1 (2)
O'Leary 10 (10)
Mol 0 (5)
Oldroyd 19 (41)
Yousif 0 (3)
Whiteman 9 (22)
Tindall 6* (4)
Healy 0 (3)

Probably should have played Baldry rather than Healy but I felt I needed to give Healy a game after having taken 4 wickets in his only match while Baldry hadn't done much this whole tournament.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He seems to give away lots of byes but be very good at catching/stumping for some reason; it happens all the time

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I find it amusing how Colgan kept stealing the strike when they were 8 wickets down, with Garrick only facing 8 balls for 0 runs in a 34 run partnership :p

And then Colgan finishes it off by smashing 7 to end the 49th over while stealing the strike and then hitting a 4 :p

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yay for me too. :p

Speaking of which, I feel the 'home side picking the pitch condition' rule should be brought back for next season.

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Yeah I totally agree with that, having it random totally elimates the point of home advantage, plus it would have been possible for me not to have had a pitch that suited my bowlers for every match this season, home or away.... thats not really fair... especially if say someone had a five seam attack and got pitches for seamers all the way thru... the pitch at least at home needs to be to the home team. Also there needs to be home and away. Look at my match with chewie, I got battered.... but only due to the pitch.... plus i cant get my revenge with the reverse fixture... tough luck yes... but in hindsight thats why you look at every sport, in a league format ususally everybody plays twice, home and away and the home team tailor the conditions to suit themselves.

This has been a make shift season yes, but its not really what we should be doing... because not everyone each season would feel that they have had a fair crack of the whip due to one thing or another.

I wont deny this has been something different but it needs to go back to smaller leagues with home and away again. Otherwise it needs to be a knockout cup but then your going to get people losing interest if they are knocked out in round 1 everytime.

What do people think?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's not enough time to have both home and away legs unless we go back to the old method. But I didn't think people liked that way as much

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah I totally agree with that, having it random totally elimates the point of home advantage, plus it would have been possible for me not to have had a pitch that suited my bowlers for every match this season, home or away.... thats not really fair... especially if say someone had a five seam attack and got pitches for seamers all the way thru... the pitch at least at home needs to be to the home team. Also there needs to be home and away. Look at my match with chewie, I got battered.... but only due to the pitch.... plus i cant get my revenge with the reverse fixture... tough luck yes... but in hindsight thats why you look at every sport, in a league format ususally everybody plays twice, home and away and the home team tailor the conditions to suit themselves.

This has been a make shift season yes, but its not really what we should be doing... because not everyone each season would feel that they have had a fair crack of the whip due to one thing or another.

I wont deny this has been something different but it needs to go back to smaller leagues with home and away again. Otherwise it needs to be a knockout cup but then your going to get people losing interest if they are knocked out in round 1 everytime.

What do people think

Well I have a balanced bowling attack, I have 2 spinners with an extra if required (on dry or crumbling pitches), 1 fast bowler, 1 fast medium and 1 medium all-rounder along with a medium pace bowler for green pitches who would normally play instead of the second spinner. And I bat down to 7 mainly with all batting above reliable and have an ordinary number 8 who does add a few handy runs a lot of the time.

And also, if we do what Haari suggests, then you will get complaining that some people have all their away matches against the top sides and their home matches against the bottom and that they would have won away to the bottom teams and may have had a good chance at home to the top teams.

And there is definitely not enough time to play everyone twice in a season.

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand

lol, I honestly thought I was going to lose that. What an innings from Colgan, that Finisher talent would have helped.

I find it amusing how Colgan kept stealing the strike when they were 8 wickets down, with Garrick only facing 8 balls for 0 runs in a 34 run partnership :p

And then Colgan finishes it off by smashing 7 to end the 49th over while stealing the strike and then hitting a 4 :p

Shepherding the tail is what it's about :p

Users who are viewing this thread