FTP: PlanetCricket FTP World League

Should the World League have a requirement for Youths?

• Total voters

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
The PlanetCricket FTP World League is a newly found competition for teams from PlanetCricket. 12 teams will take part, seperated into 2 groups of 6. Each team will play each other twice over the space of 1-2 seasons and when all fixtures are completed, the top 2 teams from Division 2 will be promoted and the bottom 2 teams from Division 1 will be relegated.

Rules:

> You will receive 4 points for a win, 2 for a tie and 0 for a loss.

> 1 bonus point for a win within 30 overs batting second, i.e. If you chase down the target within 30 overs, you will receive a bonus point.

> 1 bonus point for a win by a margin bigger than 100 runs batting first.

> In the event of a tie of points after the season for important positions, a tiebreaker T20 will be played to see who finishes in a higher position.

> Either side can issue the challenge to their opponent. All pitch and weather conditions are to be random/random.

> If a team issues a friendly and posts that he has here but the opposing team does not accept, then the team challenging the other will win by default taking 4 points while the other side takes nothing.

> Challenges must be issued before Saturday if teams are to take any rights to maximum 4 points. If no teams issue the challenge, then 1 point will be awarded to each side.

> All matches are 50 overs a side.

> There is now NO YOUTH REQUIREMENT!!!!

> There will be a break at the start of a new season because of cup matches. The tournament will be resumed as soon as everyone is knocked out of the cup. If teams aren't knocked out by Round 7 of the cup, their matches will be deemed as a N/R but 2 points will be awarded to each side which will help the weaker teams as the higher rated teams are likely to be in the cup longer and more likely to have beaten the opposition teams when they play.

> At the end of each season, the bottom two teams from Division 1 are relegated to Division 2 and the bottom two teams of Division 2 will be relegated to Division 3, while the top 2 teams in Division 2 will be promoted to Division 1 and the top two teams in Division 3 will be promoted to Division 2.

> Any match fixing will result in immediate disqualification and likely ban for the next season.

Last edited:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
WLPTS4.png

Round 1

Liverpool Lightnings v Blitzkreig Boyz - Liverpool Lightnings won by 53 runs
New York Yankees v Saurashtra Lions - New York Yankees won by 4 wickets (with 17 balls remaining)
Agrid South Africa v Hedger's Team - Agrid South Africa won by 5 wickets (with 5 balls remaining)
Iridium XI v Baggy Blues - Iridium XI won by 39 runs
Bye: Chewie CC

Round 2

Chewie CC v New York Yankees - New York Yankees won by default
Hedger's Team v Liverpool Lightnings - Hedger's Team won by 32 runs
Saurashtra Lions v Iridium XI - Iridium XI won by 6 wickets (with 14 balls remaining)
Baggy Blues v Agrid South Africa - Agrid South Africa won by 8 wickets (with 102 balls remaining)
Bye: Blitzkreig Boyz

Round 3

Blitzkreig Boyz v Hedger's Team - Hedger's Team won by 70 runs
Iridium XI v Chewie CC - Chewie CC won by 48 runs
Liverpool Lightnings v Baggy Blues - Liverpool Lightnings won by 54 runs
Agrid South Africa v Saurashtra Lions - Agrid South Africa won by 6 wickets
Bye: New York Yankees

Round 4

New York Yankees v Iridium XI - Iridium XI won by 6 wickets (with 27 balls remaining)
Baggy Blues v Blitzkreig Boyz - Baggy Blues won by 6 wickets (with 14 balls remaining)
Chewie CC v Agrid South Africa - Chewie CC won by 110 runs
Saurashtra Lions v Liverpool Lightnings - Saurashtra Lions won by 83 runs
Bye: Hedger's Team

Round 5

Baggy Blues v Hedger's Team - Hedger's Team won by 215 runs
New York Yankees v Agrid South Africa - Agrid South Africa won by 6 wickets (with 22 balls remaining)
Saurashtra Lions v Blitzkreig Boyz - Saurashtra Lions won by 56 runs
Chewie CC v Liverpool Lightnings - Chewie CC won by 67 runs
Bye: Iridium XI

Round 6

Agrid South Africa v Iridium XI - Agrid South Africa won by 3 wickets (with 78 balls remaining)
Hedger's Team v Saurashtra Lions - Saurashtra Lions won by 45 runs
Liverpool Lightnings v New York Yankees - New York Yankees won by 43 runs
Blitzkreig Boyz v Chewie CC - Chewie CC won by 9 wickets (with 204 balls remaining)
Bye: Baggy Blues

Round 7

Saurashtra Lions v Baggy Blues - Saurashtra Lions won by 5 wickets (with 68 balls remaining)
Iridium XI v Liverpool Lightnings - Iridium XI won by 1 wicket (with 5 balls remaining)
Chewie CC v Hedger's Team - Chewie CC won by 8 wickets (with 76 balls remaining)
New York Yankees v Blitzkreig Boyz - New York Yankees won by 36 runs
Bye: Agrid South Africa

Round 8

Liverpool Lightnings v Agrid South Africa - Agrid South Africa won by 91 runs
Baggy Blues v Chewie CC - Chewie CC won by 6 wickets (with 137 balls remaining)
Blitzkreig Boyz v Iridium XI - Iridium XI won by 5 wickets (with 33 balls remaining)
Hedger's Team v New York Yankees - New York Yankees won by 6 wickets (with 31 balls remaining)
Bye: Saurashtra Lions

Round 9

Chewie CC v Saurashtra Lions - Chewie CC won by 3 wickets (with 32 balls remaining)
Agrid South Africa v Blitzkreig Boyz - Agrid South Africa won by 8 wickets (with 52 balls remaining)
New York Yankees v Baggy Blues - New York Yankees won by 6 wickets (with 55 balls remaining)
Iridium XI v Hedger's Team - Iridium XI won by 5 wickets (with 97 balls remaining)
Bye: Liverpool Lightnings

Last edited:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Division 1 Statistics

Post reserved for statistics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Division 2 Statistics

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Division 3 Statistics

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
FTP World League History

Season 1:

Division 1:

Winner: Tom Jones Enthusiasts
Runner Up: Agrid South Africa
Third Place: Saurashtra Lions

Division 2:

Winner: New York Yankees
Runner Up: Indian Warriors
Third Place: Iridium XI

Season 2:

Division 1:

Winner: Chewie CC
Runner Up: New York Yankees
Third Place: Indian Warriors

Division 2:

Winner: Agrid South Africa
Runner Up: Baggy Blues
Third Place: Blitzkreig Boyz

Season 3:

Division 1:

Winner: Chewie CC
Runner Up: Iridium XI
Third Place: Agrid South Africa

Division 2:

Winner: Hedger's Team
Runner Up: Zorax CC
Third Place: Baggy Blues/Blitzkreig Boyz

Division 3:

Winner: South Africa XI
Runner Up: Liverpool Lightnings
Third Place: Merrilands CC

Iridium

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Oh well that's not too bad. I thought he was miles ahead. Although he may have been resting a few players. I've been quite prudent with my money. Might be time to splash out.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I made it start the week after so people that have friendlies already arranged don't have to cancel them. And it gives people 2 weeks to get organised.

hedger_14 added 3 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

haha. I was thinking exactly the same thing when doing it but I thought people would prefer it with 2 promotions, 2 relegations. Let's have a vote to decide. I'll put up a poll.

And AP, what do you mean about aussie1st doing my job and arranging all the fixtures together.
Nothing dude :p you told me to post after your posts so that your posts wont get merged. aussie just deleted my posts from there and arranged all the fixtures together. Isnt that what you wanted?

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I'm not too keen on playing AP and his few awesome players. His match rating is much higher now. Not looking forward to that at all.

We are pretty close on ratings dude. Anyone can win between us. My last upset against bcvs should indicate that. :p His rating was 130 K while mine was 110K. By the way, how much do you have in bank :D

P.S: Yes i've been resting key players. Today's match rating gonna be my lowest in recent times with 5 players resting :p Akshay should win it easily but you never know what Yankees would do:spy

Users who are viewing this thread