Not open for further replies.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
eripew.jpg

PlanetCricket Premier League 3
Announcements

Who runs it?

The people who run the PlanetCricket Premier League have chopped and changed a little bit over the three seasons, but at the moment we consist of,

Simbazz (Creator, and head of the PCPL)
Zorax (Leading Admin of the PCPL, any problems, he's your man ;))
W3lshrugby (Helps quite a bit, especially in creating)
barmyarmy (has helped bucket loads!)
Kshitiz (The man who's sim we're using. Although remember, do not disturb him with any questions about the PCPL! He tends to get cranky ;))

What we need?

Well, this is your turn guys. We need some "staff," for PCPL 3. Already I have requested in the Graphics forum for some GFX, if you can help, then please head over there. Here is a list of what we need, if you think you can help, contact me.

• Graphics for everything PCPL3, see the thread in the forum
  • Simmers, we need people to sim the games.
  • Thread posters, to help simmers out, by posting up the threads on time and with the correct graphics.
As I said, if you fancy helping out, contact me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Major Announcements.

First and foremost, the competition has been cut down to only 6 teams. We will be playing a League structure with each side playing the other thrice - once home, away and neutral. The top two sides then play a 'Final' playoff of sorts to decide the winner, and the last two sides play a playoff to decide fifth and sixth place. Expect a full fixtures list soon.

Secondly, we shall be implementing a new initiative this season, as each team will earn cash from every match they play, through Gate Receipts and Merchandising. The more Popular your team is, the more you stand to earn. The catch here is that Popularity is directly proportional to Activity in the match threads. So there is always an incentive to keep posting, even if your side is at the bottom of the table!

Last, but most definitely not the least, The PC Members Draft shall take place starting on Friday the 4th of September (Time not confirmed, but probably 12:00 GMT). As a result, we will need all sides to hand in their squad lists by 12:00 GMT on the 3rd of September, and no later. Expect severe repercussions for not handing in the list in time. PM the squad lists to either me or Simbo.

Also, it is worth noting that Signups end on the 3rd of September at midnight GMT, so if you want to refer a few people to the PCPL you better be quick and do it!

Discuss all this Here

Thanks and regards,
The PCPL Staff

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Announcement

The PCPL management are pleased to announce that this years International bidding system will be a brand new one!

In the past we've had a lengthy process of bidding, and this really was a massive chore to both run, and keep and eye on in-case of inflation. So this year we're pleased to announce -

Silent Bidding

This will mean we can run a lot more, a lot quicker! The idea behind silent bidding is that no one else knows your bid. You will private message me your bid, and that will stand. The thing for you team owners is do you bid high? And hope no one bids higher? Or bid low, in the hope people have done similar.

We're at the moment going to run the silent bidding along these lines, but as always, we reserve the right to change this.

When your private message me, no one else - just me, you will title the private message this way, else it won't be accepted.

Player's name - Team's name - Price of bid

This way it'll be easy for me to see.

As always, have a pleasant pre-season, and get making some money!

As always, discuss here, http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ue-3-discussion-thread-58417.html#post1527780

Thanks,

PCPL Management.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The PCPL would like to welcome Kshitiz_Indian to the PCPL team.

KI's Cricket Simulator 09 is what we shall be using for this edition of the competition, and we felt having the creator on board will help us make best use of the simulator and allow us to fix any issues as we go.

And I realise many of you will be concerned that KI plays for VV and they aren't exactly the most trust-worthy side, but don't worry, I shall be keeping my eye on him...:spy

Discuss this new revelation here: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ue-3-discussion-thread-58417.html#post1527780

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Ouchies!

For many years now scientist have tried to find ways to go back in time. Just to look? Or to change history, who knows? For a similar length, Cricket has searched for it also.

For PCPL3, we've broke barriers scientists couldn't. We've somehow kidnapped stars in their finest hours. What will this create? Who knows. All I can say is that later today, the International batch shall be shown, and it might cause a few suprises. (Or if you've pieced together one or two thing I've said, maybe not.)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Team Threads, PC Transfer Window and Nat Auctions

Firstly, all the old team threads have been moves to the PCPL Season 2 Archive. It's a fresh new season, and deserves a fresh new start. Feel free to create new threads for PCPL 3.

Secondly, the PC Transfer Window shall be opened from the 10th of September at 12:00 GMT till the 17th of September 12:00 GMT. Exactly 7 days, which should be more than enough.

And finally, Nat player Auctions are expected to start on the 17th September as well, probably right after the PC Transfer Window closes.

Expect further news on what Nats we have in store for you this season, and fixtures as well, later today.

As usual, discuss this in that discussion thread thingy.

- The PCPL Team

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
BAM!!!

Simbazz was clearly irritated, as he slammed his first onto the table. It was a dimly lit room, no windows and just a few bulbs for light. Dust had seemingly collected everywhere, and the table was littered with papers and pictures. Sitting around the table was Colin with his old-man glasses and walking stick, Zorax with a pair of shades and an blackberry in his hand, and Rhys who was half asleep...

'God damn it! That just won't do! This is PCPL 3 for Christ's sake! We have to make it special!'

The room itself wasn't very large. It was round and had just the single door, which was locked and bolted shut. Simbazz picked up the papers and started reading them...

'Nasser Hussain, Arjuna Ranatunga, Michael Vaughan, Sanjay Manjrekar, Courtney Walsh...are these the best names you could find!!!!'

He throws the papers down in rage, and starts storming around the room. Zorax looks up from his blackberry...

'The best I could find who were willing and, well, alive...'

'But they aren't Legends, goddamn it! None of them!'

Rhys, probably still in his sleep, speaks up...

'They're...*snort*...sorta like....*yawn*...legends...'

Rhys falls back in his chair and starts to snore...

'Well 'sorta' isn't good enough! I want us to have legends, the real legends. Sydney Barnes, Don Bradman, WG Grace, Sunil Gavaskar, Ian Botham...'

Colin decides to speak up...

'Well sonny, there is a bit of a problem with that. Most of those guys are dead.'

'Yea, and the last two guys are OOOOOLLLDDDD. They make Mr. OAP here look young...'

Colin whacks Zorax with his walking stick while Simbazz pacing about the room, treading on torn scraps of paper with list of names, interactions with several cricketers, and financial reports. Zorax starts messing about on his blackberry again while Colin decides to take a bit of a snooze as well...

'No, no...this isn't good. We need those legends, I MUST have these legends!! There must be some way we can get these Legends to play...some way...I know, we can clone them!'

'Uhh...sorry boss, we've got that government ban on using cloning technology ever since the whole Halloween fiasco...'

'Umm...okay then, how about we dig up their corpses and bring them back to life?'

'I think some of our players are going to have a problem playing with decaying Zombies...'

Zorax smirks as Simbazz keeps walking around...

'Uhh...I know! We can't...No....they have laws against that...'

Simbazz sits down and puts his head in his hands...

'Face it Simbazz, the only way we're getting these legends to take part is if we went back in time in a time machine and kidnapped them and brought them here...'

Zorax chuckles and gets to work on his blackberry again while Simbazz stops, and looks up...

'Now, I suggest we call up Nass and Gareme Hick soon, because they have this commentary gig coming up...'

'That's...Genius!'

Zorax stops what he is doing. He puts down the blackberry and pulls off his shades...

'What is?'

'A time machine. How...perfect!'

'You're kidding me right? I was joking...'

'Well I'm serious! That's what we will do!'

Simbazz stands, excited and re-energised and slams his fist on the table again, waking up Colin and Rhys.

'Wait, what? How will we get a time machine???'

'I'll build it!!!'

'You'll build a Crime Machine? I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up, my hearing isn't what it used to be...'

'A Time Machine Colin! A Time Machine! We'll go back in time and bring the greatest legends in the game to play here, with us, in the PCPL!!!'

'Pfft, wake me up when that happens'

'I think you've gone insane Simbo'

'What's the BCDL?'

'Wait and watch boys, you just wait and watch...MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!'

3 weeks later...

We're back in the dingy, dusty old room. Except this time Simbazz is all alone, standing proud in front of a large, covered object. He looks unshaven and unshowered, with a maniacal glean in his eye...

Suddenly, the door bursts open. Zorax and Rhys walk in while Colin hobbles in behind them...

'Pee-hew, you stink Simon...'

'That's the smell of success boys, the smell of success!'

'Don't tell me...you actually built the time machine?'

'Well, you tell me...'

Simbazz pulls the cloth off the large object. We see a strange contraption standing in front of them, kinda like a large elevator covered in lights, buttons, levers and clocks. Simbazz rushes excitedly to it and starts pressing buttons and pulling levers while Zorax, Rhys and Colin look on in awe. Suddenly, the machine whirs to life...

'I've spent 3 weeks perfecting this beauty! I haven't slept, eaten...'

'Bathed'

'That too, but it's worth it! It'll all be worth it!!! Soon, some of cricket's biggest Legends from all times and eras will be playing in the PCPL!! Botham, Barnes, Richards, Marshall...all playing against each other! It'll be epic!

'How do we know this thing even works?'

'I'll show you!'

And without any notice, Simbazz grabs Zorax, Rhys and Colin and shoves them into the machine, smashes a few more buttons, and steps in himself!

'Hey!!!'

'Let us out of here!!'

'I need to go to the bathroom!'

Simbazz starts hammering buttons on the machine rapidly, with the look of a man possessed. Zorax and Rhys look on worriedly, Colin has fallen asleep...

'Simbazz, I think you are starting to get a bit delusional. Why don't we stop with this nonsense and take you to a nice, clean bed...'

Suddenly, the machine becomes to vibrate wildly, and hovers above the ground. The machine starts to emit a strangle glow as Rhys and Zorax look on shocked...

'This is is gentlemen! Time for us to make history! This year shall be...The Year...of the Legends!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!'

Too steel doors slam shut locking the four occupants in. A loud screeching sounds is heard, followed by a bright flash of light and a loud BOOOOOM!!!!!

The dust in the room settles down, and we see it is empty, with the machine, and it's occupants no where to be found.

Our journey had begun.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The PC legal department have instructed me to clarify that no hallucinogenic drugs were used in the making of the above post. He's really like that.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
To all TEAM OWNERS

This is massively important to continue your teams participation in the PlanetCricket Premier League.

We need all team budgets by Wednesday 23rd September.

You need to Private Message me with the budgets. Please use this form below.

Team Name;
Team Owners;
Budget for PCPL3

This is massively important as it'll help us make sure there isn't any foul play anywhere. We will be checking whether your sums add up, as we don't want any mishaps in the bidding stage of the PCPL.

So, please PM me by Wednesday, thank you.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Guys, deadline today, please send them to me.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Quick Announcement

In order to increase the entertainment value of this season's PCPL, along with the fact that KI's sim has some 'logical limitations', each side is required to play a minimum of 6 bowlers in the starting XI, with atleast 2 fast bowlers. Note that this means atleast 6 players with bowling skills above 0, not 6 pure bowlers.

This isn't a forced rule, and you can choose to ignore it if you wish. Just don't be surprised when your opening batsman bowls 4 overs. And trust me, it won't be pretty.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Another quick announcement​

Shantanu_Rooney has been banned, for the lack of a better word, for 3 weeks from the PCPL. This is due to his retirement from Vatican Victors and our rule that a retired player cannot have anything to do with the PCPL for atleast 3 weeks after their retirement. Given his retirement date is the 20th of September, he may only return on the 12th of October.

If any side has any contact from him or receives any funds from him between this time frame, please do let us know. Any side caught receiving funds from Shantanu within this time frame without our knowledge can expect sever punishments.

This also applies to Skater and Jaztheman. If you know any other player who has retired from the PCPL recently, do let us know.

Thanks,

The PCPL Staff.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Hey guys :)

Just a quick update. We're nearing a proper stage now with the Sim where we can try it out and then we can kick on from there.

I'm trying to get the PCPL started somewhere near the very beginning of October. This will give us a week, nearly 2, to get things sorted. This is a generalisation, so don't take my word for it.

Felt you guys deserved an update.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
PCPL Internationals ready for sale!

Just a quick note. The PCPL Nats are now ready to be auctioned off, so within the next few days there'll be a notice on how to bid.

I'm aiming for a Sunday start, so get those pennies ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread