PlanetCricket Premier League 3 - Discussion Thread

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Beijing Blitzers gonna try their best in hunting for a new man to conduct PCPL for sure. But the next time (whenever it takes place), we gonna win it defeating ManD;). Simon, I'll have a try at cumulating stats after 25th march:). Don't take it for granted as I'm not sure whether I can do it or not:).

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think we should re-do the whole planetcricket user-based cricket.

i think the idea of the PCPL is great, but it's needs to expand to continue to be successful.

i still stand by my idea that introducing national teams after a season would be quite good, because then the clubs would have to manage their players wisely.

however, this would mean that we would need even more people to run it well, and i don't think that could happen.

Harshshah

Club Captain
I want to manage a team out here or be a part of this!!

Guaranteed 100% activeness

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Don't you just find it really annoying, when people can't read posts made before theirs?

harrisb

International Coach
sorry if you're talking to me, but i think we should let people know that...

Team Ownership costs a lot of vcash, i think a couple of the most recent teams went for a couple of million.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
i think we should re-do the whole planetcricket user-based cricket.

i think the idea of the PCPL is great, but it's needs to expand to continue to be successful.

i still stand by my idea that introducing national teams after a season would be quite good, because then the clubs would have to manage their players wisely.

however, this would mean that we would need even more people to run it well, and i don't think that could happen.

I've no intention of expanding the PCPL.

Cricsim as a whole is a dead game, it had its glory years at PlanetCricket but as with everything, the times move on. We're in a very different era to those in 06/07 and I just wouldnt have the activity.

sorry if you're talking to me, but i think we should let people know that...

Team Ownership costs a lot of vcash, i think a couple of the most recent teams went for a couple of million.

Team ownership does cost a lot of money, and teams went for quite a bit of money, but the PCPL's aim was to repay that money to the winner. The last two seasons the winner has found it very profitable.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Lies. Man D made a net profit of just about 3 mill this season :p I, personally, made a loss!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The last two seasons the winner has found it very profitable.
So much for the winner of the first season! They'll always be the Monkeys in my mind, none of this 'Manchester Divided' rubbish. Yeah, you've got a pun about a football team, I had monkeys! Yeah, monkeys!

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
For all the newbies posting here. Do note that owning a team in PCPL is even tougher than getting selected for team India. So, better you first make it in a squad and then think of owning a team. Its not some random league like in cricket leagues section. It requires loads of vCash, for which even seniors compile up as they even don't have that much of vCash in their hand individually.

Binnu added 7 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

And I'm sure that the newbies won't even make properly into a squad but they talk of owning a team, which looks ridiculous. And once if you make into the squad, you won't look to own a team or managing a team by seeing how your management suffers:p;).

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
For all the newbies posting here. Do note that owning a team in PCPL is even tougher than getting selected for team India. So, better you first make it in a squad and then think of owning a team. Its not some random league like in cricket leagues section. It requires loads of vCash, for which even seniors compile up as they even don't have that much of vCash in their hand individually.

Binnu added 7 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

And I'm sure that the newbies won't even make properly into a squad but they talk of owning a team, which looks ridiculous. And once if you make into the squad, you won't look to own a team or managing a team by seeing how your management suffers:p;).

Or they just won't get a team as there is no more PCPL!

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
No Olive, its not the dead "END" of this mega vCashrich event but Simon will return. Or else, someone would surely take it up if Simon won't comeback. And, can anyone help in cumulating stats with me from tomorrow or can someone gimme tips on how to start to do that job?:)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I love the speculations guys, but honestly, unless my circumstances of drinking, partying and writing 20,000 word hung over changes then niether will the status of the PCPL.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
No Olive, its not the dead "END" of this mega vCashrich event but Simon will return. Or else, someone would surely take it up if Simon won't comeback. And, can anyone help in cumulating stats with me from tomorrow or can someone gimme tips on how to start to do that job?:)

A custom user-title beckons for Mr Holden.

Users who are viewing this thread