PlanetCricket Premier League 3 - Tier A Silent-Bid (OPEN)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tier A bidding

Ian Botham
(Batting AR)

Sir Ian Botham is regarded as one of England's better all rounders from the recent past. With his questionable behaviour at times he still stole the hearts of many with over 5000 test runs and nearly 400 wickets, which is still the most wickets taken by an English player.

Imran Khan(Bowling AR)

Imran Khan was so special that at 39 he was recalled into the Pakistan side to captain them to a cup win, which in itself all that needs to be said about this remarkable man. With 3807 test runs, and with over 350 test wickets, who could argue that this Pakistani all-rounder wasn't something special?

Andy Flower (WK)

Andy Flower is known at the moment as the man behind the England team, leading them (alongside Andrew Strauss) to an Ashes series victory. He was at one point regarded as one of the best wicket-keepers in history but he fell to the pressure of Zimbabwe's political party and retired years too early, alongside others. He averaged 51 in the test arena, as feat that even wicketkeepers in 2009, which much better facilities struggle to even get near.

Sunil Gavaskar (Bat)

Gavaskar had an average of 60+ against a West Indies side who held 4 of the most feared fast bowlers in history, and he did this with stylishness. His captaincy of India was never a good one, but his stats speak for themselves with an average of 51 in a career that lasted 15yrs for India.

Jack Hobbs (Bat)

"The Master," as he was nicknamed was regarded as one of the finest batsmen England has even been graced with. With an average of 56, he really batted well in his 22yr span in the England side. His opening position was rarely challenged. He used to practise with a stump, which gave him and unbelievable ability to manoeuvre the ball anywhere he wanted, his 199 centuries in first-class cricket really does show how good a player he was. WG Grave once said, "He's going to be a good 'un," which really, is one of the biggest compliments for a young batsmen.

Malcolm Marshall (Bowler)

This man at his hieght was one of the finest bowlers in the world, and would be regarded as so even in 2009. His average of 20.94 is the best average for any bowler who's taken over 200 wickets (he ended up with 376). Marshall was one of the reasons the West Indies where feared for many years, his ability to do just about anything with the ball was one of his strongest points. His death was one of the sadder moments in Cricket, he could really have excelled as a coach to go alongside his illustrious career.

Sydney Barnes (Bowl)

S.F. Barnes played all his tests against Australia and South Africa between 1901 and 1914, in that period he took near 200 wickets at an average of 16.43. To gain that average he had to have a skill where on uncovered pitches he could find areas where he could get movement off the seam, he was also regarded as one of the finest "beat them in the air," bowlers with his medium cutters.

Albert Hollowood (Barnes' Staffordshire captain) was quoted as saying, ""Oh, yes, he could bowl 'em all, but he got his wickets with fast leg-breaks. Marvellous, absolutely marvellous, he was. Fast leg-breaks and always on a length."

Ian Botham (Batting AR) 80/94 80/90 Fast
Imran Khan (Bowling AR) 72/86 90/85 Fast
Andy Flower (WK) 90/80
Gavaskar (Bat) 98/75
Jack Hobbs (Bat) 97/76
Malcolm Marshall (Bowler) 40/80 96/94 Fast
Sydney Barnes (Bowler) 40/80 100/75 Medium

The format for these averages is;

Ian Botham (Batting AR) 80/94 80/90 Fast

80 is Ian Botham's batting/bowling skill, and 94/90 is his aggression.

So there's the list. Now for the format of how to bid. Here's a few tips,

• You only get one bid, this means that when you submit your bid, make sure you're confident with what your bidding will win.
  • If you win more than the 4 NAT's you're allowed, we will allow you to choose which ones you want, the ones you discard will go to the second highest bid.
  • I ask that when you bid, that you use the following structure.
Player Name - Team Bidding - Price

• Now, this will be done via PM. Send your bids to me. I would be grateful if you use the structure above, but as long as the information is in the PM then i'm not particularly bothered.
Good luck in bidding!

Bids open from now, and will close on the 8th October. This gives you guys plenty of time.

I will open the rest of the bids in the following days.

Any questions, post in this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Bidding may be resumed :) Again, any questions, please ask.

Just so people know, its vital that the PM's are sent to me. If they are sent to Zorax, he will have an unfair advantage being MD owner :) Its in your own interest.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
How do we know if we've won or are in the lead or anything? I feel that, before the books are closed, the bidding parties should at least receive a notification on where they stand to make any last minute dashes.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
thats the thing, you can't make last minute bids because you only get one bid.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Its this way because the last 2 seasons have been far too long. You get one bid, and one bid only. If you want to win, bid high to make sure.

Edit; If you wan't a tip, so far out of the bids I've received, 5million is generally "middle of the road," bidding.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
This time the bidding completely favours luck and has reduced the importance of maximum budget.

luck yes, but also you need a big budget to guarantee yourself the player.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Guys, we've got two days left until Tier B get announced :) Tier A won't be closed, but just thought I'd mention it.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
when does bidding for Tier A end? was it yesterday?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I've changed that now. Apologies for this, we're going to keep open all of the tiers and end them at the same time :) With the way we're doing it, its easier for me to allow these to be kept open.

Tier B on its way.

Users who are viewing this thread